Quantcast

Amazon SQS listener as multi-threaded

bulentcamel
Hi,

I'm using the Camel Amazon SQS plugin to get messages from an Amazon SQS. It works fine but it is not very efficient for my purposes. I would like to figure out how I can make things run faster by listening to the queue in parallel and retrieve multiple messages from multiple listeners. If I don't do that, my listener listens to the messages and retrieves a batch of messages and waits until those are processed to be able to pick the next batch. This is very slow.

What would be the best way to achieve this? Is there any other Camel tool that can help me or do I need to implement my thread pool and try to use the camel route in each thread? I'm not even sure if the second option is even possible.

I appreciate any input.

Thanks!
Bulent

Re: Amazon SQS listener as multi-threaded

ceposta
Yah, open a JIRA. We should make the SQS client able to consume
concurrently.

On Mon, Oct 14, 2013 at 8:05 AM, bulentcamel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using the Camel Amazon SQS plugin to get messages from an Amazon SQS.
> It
> works fine but it is not very efficient for my purposes. I would like to
> figure out how I can make things run faster by listening to the queue in
> parallel and retrieve multiple messages from multiple listeners. If I don't
> do that, my listener listens to the messages and retrieves a batch of
> messages and waits until those are processed to be able to pick the next
> batch. This is very slow.
>
> What would be the best way to achieve this? Is there any other Camel tool
> that can help me or do I need to implement my thread pool and try to use
> the
> camel route in each thread? I'm not even sure if the second option is even
> possible.
>
> I appreciate any input.
>
> Thanks!
> Bulent