Apache Camel 3.6 this October

12

Apache Camel 3.6 this October

Just wanted to bring up that we should get closing down on the next
3.6 release which would be great to get released this month.

Re: Apache Camel 3.6 this October

Gregor Zurowski-2
Sounds good to me.

We currently have 28 open issues and 1 in progress:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/CAMEL/versions/12348664

Do we have anything that must be closed before we move forward or are
we good to start with the release process?

Thanks,
Gregor

On Wed, Oct 7, 2020 at 9:13 AM Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Just wanted to bring up that we should get closing down on the next
> 3.6 release which would be great to get released this month.

Re: Apache Camel 3.6 this October

Claus Ibsen-2
Hi Gregor

Yeah there are some more work but also to get the CI build tests to pass.
So I think by mid or end of next week then we could be good to go for
cutting the RC.

On Thu, Oct 8, 2020 at 5:46 PM Gregor Zurowski <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Sounds good to me.
>
> We currently have 28 open issues and 1 in progress:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/CAMEL/versions/12348664
>
> Do we have anything that must be closed before we move forward or are
> we good to start with the release process?
>
> Thanks,
> Gregor
>
> On Wed, Oct 7, 2020 at 9:13 AM Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi
> >
> > Just wanted to bring up that we should get closing down on the next
> > 3.6 release which would be great to get released this month.
> >

> > --
> > Claus Ibsen
> > -----------------
> > http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus

Re: Apache Camel 3.6 this October

Claus Ibsen-2
Hi Gregor

We are working on the last minute details, and fixing some tests etc.

I think by end of today we should be ready for the RC.
So this is just a heads up to ask you when you have time to cut the RC?

On Fri, Oct 9, 2020 at 1:10 PM Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Gregor
>
> Yeah there are some more work but also to get the CI build tests to pass.
> So I think by mid or end of next week then we could be good to go for
> cutting the RC.
>
> On Thu, Oct 8, 2020 at 5:46 PM Gregor Zurowski <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Sounds good to me.
> >
> > We currently have 28 open issues and 1 in progress:
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/CAMEL/versions/12348664
> >
> > Do we have anything that must be closed before we move forward or are
> > we good to start with the release process?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Gregor
> >
> > On Wed, Oct 7, 2020 at 9:13 AM Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi
> > >
> > > Just wanted to bring up that we should get closing down on the next
> > > 3.6 release which would be great to get released this month.
> > >

> > > --
> > > Claus Ibsen
> > > -----------------
> > > http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus
> > > Camel in Action 2: https://www.manning.com/ibsen2

Re: Apache Camel 3.6 this October

Gregor Zurowski-2
I can start the release as soon as everything is in place.

On Tue, Oct 13, 2020, 9:55 AM Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Gregor
>
> We are working on the last minute details, and fixing some tests etc.
>
> I think by end of today we should be ready for the RC.
> So this is just a heads up to ask you when you have time to cut the RC?
>
> On Fri, Oct 9, 2020 at 1:10 PM Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Gregor
> >
> > Yeah there are some more work but also to get the CI build tests to pass.
> > So I think by mid or end of next week then we could be good to go for
> > cutting the RC.
> >
> > On Thu, Oct 8, 2020 at 5:46 PM Gregor Zurowski <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> > >
> > > Sounds good to me.
> > >
> > > We currently have 28 open issues and 1 in progress:
> > > https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/CAMEL/versions/12348664
> > >
> > > Do we have anything that must be closed before we move forward or are
> > > we good to start with the release process?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Gregor

> > --
> > Claus Ibsen
> > -----------------
> > http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus

Re: Apache Camel 3.6 this October

Claus Ibsen-2
Hi Gregor

We are almost ready. There is a little bit left to remove hipchat (not
in service anymore).
And then to double check licenses and checkstyle is okay.

I will get back to you, but be ready today to start the RC.

On Tue, Oct 13, 2020 at 10:16 PM Gregor Zurowski
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I can start the release as soon as everything is in place.
>

> On Tue, Oct 13, 2020, 9:55 AM Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi Gregor
> >
> > We are working on the last minute details, and fixing some tests etc.
> >
> > I think by end of today we should be ready for the RC.
> > So this is just a heads up to ask you when you have time to cut the RC?
> >
> > On Fri, Oct 9, 2020 at 1:10 PM Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi Gregor
> > >
> > > Yeah there are some more work but also to get the CI build tests to pass.
> > > So I think by mid or end of next week then we could be good to go for
> > > cutting the RC.

> > > --
> > > Claus Ibsen
> > > -----------------
> > > http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus
> > > Camel in Action 2: https://www.manning.com/ibsen2
> >

> > --
> > Claus Ibsen
> > -----------------
> > http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus

Re: Apache Camel 3.6 this October

Claus Ibsen-2
Hi Gregor

Everything is OK.
We are ready for you to start the release process.

On Wed, Oct 14, 2020 at 11:10 AM Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Gregor
>
> We are almost ready. There is a little bit left to remove hipchat (not
> in service anymore).
> And then to double check licenses and checkstyle is okay.
>
> I will get back to you, but be ready today to start the RC.
>
> On Tue, Oct 13, 2020 at 10:16 PM Gregor Zurowski
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > I can start the release as soon as everything is in place.
> >

> > On Tue, Oct 13, 2020, 9:55 AM Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Gregor
> > >
> > > We are working on the last minute details, and fixing some tests etc.
> > >
> > > I think by end of today we should be ready for the RC.
> > > So this is just a heads up to ask you when you have time to cut the RC?

> > > --
> > > Claus Ibsen
> > > -----------------
> > > http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus
> > > Camel in Action 2: https://www.manning.com/ibsen2

Re: Apache Camel 3.6 this October

Gregor Zurowski-2
Thanks for the update. Will look into it shortly.

On Wed, Oct 14, 2020, 1:18 PM Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Gregor
>
> Everything is OK.
> We are ready for you to start the release process.
>

> On Wed, Oct 14, 2020 at 11:10 AM Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Gregor
> >
> > We are almost ready. There is a little bit left to remove hipchat (not
> > in service anymore).
> > And then to double check licenses and checkstyle is okay.
> >
> > I will get back to you, but be ready today to start the RC.
> >
> > On Tue, Oct 13, 2020 at 10:16 PM Gregor Zurowski
> > <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > >
> > > I can start the release as soon as everything is in place.

> RC?

> to pass.
> for

> [hidden email]>

> or are

> [hidden email]>

> next

> > --
> > Claus Ibsen
> > -----------------
> > http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus

Re: Apache Camel 3.6 this October

Claus Ibsen-2
Hi Gregor

There is an issue in camel-olingo2 due to a maven plugin upgrade.
I am looking into this.

On Wed, Oct 14, 2020 at 1:37 PM Gregor Zurowski
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks for the update. Will look into it shortly.
>
> On Wed, Oct 14, 2020, 1:18 PM Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi Gregor
> >
> > Everything is OK.
> > We are ready for you to start the release process.
> >

> > On Wed, Oct 14, 2020 at 11:10 AM Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi Gregor
> > >
> > > We are almost ready. There is a little bit left to remove hipchat (not
> > > in service anymore).
> > > And then to double check licenses and checkstyle is okay.
> > >
> > > I will get back to you, but be ready today to start the RC.

> > RC?

> > to pass.
> > for

> > [hidden email]>

> > or are

> > [hidden email]>

> > next

> > > --
> > > Claus Ibsen
> > > -----------------
> > > http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus
> > > Camel in Action 2: https://www.manning.com/ibsen2
> >

> > --
> > Claus Ibsen
> > -----------------
> > http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus

Re: Apache Camel 3.6 this October

Andrea Cosentino-3
The branch for 3.6.x have been created, so we need to push there.

On Thu, Oct 15, 2020 at 6:45 AM Andrea Cosentino <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The branch for 3.6.x have been created, so we need to push there.

Ah okay just pushed the oligno2 fix
https://github.com/apache/camel/commit/fb2204b89c3567975d723de263cdef9053a81f4d

Gregor the 3.6 branch should be fixed, and the RC can move on.

> Il giorno gio 15 ott 2020 alle ore 06:44 Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]>
> ha scritto:
>
> > Hi Gregor
> >
> > There is an issue in camel-olingo2 due to a maven plugin upgrade.
> > I am looking into this.
> >
> > On Wed, Oct 14, 2020 at 1:37 PM Gregor Zurowski
> > <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > >
> > > Thanks for the update. Will look into it shortly.

> > (not

> > etc.

> > the

> > [hidden email]>

> > tests
> > go

> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/CAMEL/versions/12348664

> > forward

> > the
> > month.

> > --
> > Claus Ibsen
> > -----------------
> > http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus

Re: Apache Camel 3.6 this October

Gregor Zurowski-2
Hi Claus,

Thanks for the update. I ran into that issue when I ran the prepare
phase over night:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-archetype-plugin:3.2.0:generate
(generate-my-car-service) on project camel-olingo2: A Maven project
already exists in the directory
/[...]/camel/components/camel-olingo2/camel-olingo2-component/olingo2-my-car-service

I'll pull and try again now.

Thanks,
Gregor

On Thu, Oct 15, 2020 at 7:06 AM Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 15, 2020 at 6:45 AM Andrea Cosentino <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > The branch for 3.6.x have been created, so we need to push there.
> >

> Ah okay just pushed the oligno2 fix
> https://github.com/apache/camel/commit/fb2204b89c3567975d723de263cdef9053a81f4d
>
> Gregor the 3.6 branch should be fixed, and the RC can move on.
>
> > Il giorno gio 15 ott 2020 alle ore 06:44 Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]>
> > ha scritto:
> >
> > > Hi Gregor
> > >
> > > There is an issue in camel-olingo2 due to a maven plugin upgrade.
> > > I am looking into this.

> > > (not

> > > etc.

> > > the

> > > [hidden email]>

> > > tests
> > > go

> > > https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/CAMEL/versions/12348664

> > > forward

> > > the
> > > month.

> > > --
> > > Claus Ibsen
> > > -----------------
> > > http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus
> > > Camel in Action 2: https://www.manning.com/ibsen2

Re: Apache Camel 3.6 this October

Gregor Zurowski-2
I am still getting issues in the prepare phase. It's currently
breaking for org.apache.camel.archetypes:camel-archetype-blueprint:

===
[ERROR] [ERROR] Some problems were encountered while processing the POMs:
[ERROR] Non-resolvable import POM: Could not find artifact
org.apache.camel.karaf:camel-karaf-bom:pom:3.6.0 in central
(https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2) @ line 29, column 19
[ERROR] 'dependencies.dependency.version' for
org.apache.camel.karaf:camel-blueprint:jar is missing. @ line 46,
column 17
[ERROR] 'dependencies.dependency.version' for
org.apache.camel.karaf:camel-blueprint-main:jar is missing. @ line 50,
column 17
[ERROR] 'dependencies.dependency.version' for
org.apache.camel.karaf:camel-test-blueprint:jar is missing. @ line 56,
column 17
[ERROR] 'dependencies.dependency.version' for
org.apache.logging.log4j:log4j-slf4j-impl:jar is missing. @ line 63,
column 17 @
[ERROR] The build could not read 1 project -> [Help 1]
===

On Thu, Oct 15, 2020 at 8:19 AM Gregor Zurowski
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Claus,
>
> Thanks for the update. I ran into that issue when I ran the prepare
> phase over night:
>
> [ERROR] Failed to execute goal
> org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-archetype-plugin:3.2.0:generate
> (generate-my-car-service) on project camel-olingo2: A Maven project
> already exists in the directory
> /[...]/camel/components/camel-olingo2/camel-olingo2-component/olingo2-my-car-service
>
> I'll pull and try again now.
>
> Thanks,
> Gregor
>

> On Thu, Oct 15, 2020 at 7:06 AM Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, Oct 15, 2020 at 6:45 AM Andrea Cosentino <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > >
> > > The branch for 3.6.x have been created, so we need to push there.
> > >

> > Ah okay just pushed the oligno2 fix
> > https://github.com/apache/camel/commit/fb2204b89c3567975d723de263cdef9053a81f4d
> >
> > Gregor the 3.6 branch should be fixed, and the RC can move on.

> > --
> > Claus Ibsen
> > -----------------
> > http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus

Re: Apache Camel 3.6 this October

Ah it sounds like a chicken and egg problem.

camel-karaf is not build ahead of time and you run some build process
that may test and need those JAR versions.
And hence try to download 3.6.0 from maven central.

So I guess the archetypes for blueprint should be moved to
camel-karaf, and also for camel-spring-boot to its project.

I will disable them on the 3.6 branch and we can work on moving them for 3.7.

On Thu, Oct 15, 2020 at 7:02 PM Gregor Zurowski
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am still getting issues in the prepare phase. It's currently
> breaking for org.apache.camel.archetypes:camel-archetype-blueprint:
>
> ===
> [ERROR] [ERROR] Some problems were encountered while processing the POMs:
> [ERROR] Non-resolvable import POM: Could not find artifact
> org.apache.camel.karaf:camel-karaf-bom:pom:3.6.0 in central
> (https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2) @ line 29, column 19
> [ERROR] 'dependencies.dependency.version' for
> org.apache.camel.karaf:camel-blueprint:jar is missing. @ line 46,
> column 17
> [ERROR] 'dependencies.dependency.version' for
> org.apache.camel.karaf:camel-blueprint-main:jar is missing. @ line 50,
> column 17
> [ERROR] 'dependencies.dependency.version' for
> org.apache.camel.karaf:camel-test-blueprint:jar is missing. @ line 56,
> column 17
> [ERROR] 'dependencies.dependency.version' for
> org.apache.logging.log4j:log4j-slf4j-impl:jar is missing. @ line 63,
> column 17 @
> [ERROR] The build could not read 1 project -> [Help 1]
> ===
>
> On Thu, Oct 15, 2020 at 8:19 AM Gregor Zurowski
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Claus,
> >
> > Thanks for the update. I ran into that issue when I ran the prepare
> > phase over night:
> >
> > [ERROR] Failed to execute goal
> > org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-archetype-plugin:3.2.0:generate
> > (generate-my-car-service) on project camel-olingo2: A Maven project
> > already exists in the directory
> > /[...]/camel/components/camel-olingo2/camel-olingo2-component/olingo2-my-car-service
> >
> > I'll pull and try again now.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Gregor

> > > Ah okay just pushed the oligno2 fix
> > > https://github.com/apache/camel/commit/fb2204b89c3567975d723de263cdef9053a81f4d
> > >
> > > Gregor the 3.6 branch should be fixed, and the RC can move on.

> > > --
> > > Claus Ibsen
> > > -----------------
> > > http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus
> > > Camel in Action 2: https://www.manning.com/ibsen2

Re: Apache Camel 3.6 this October

Andrea Cosentino-3
But in 3.5.0, all of this work. Is this related to integration testing?

Il giorno gio 15 ott 2020 alle ore 19:09 Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]>
ha scritto:

> [...]
> > org.apache.camel.karaf:camel-test-blueprint:jar is missing. @ line 56,
> > column 17
> > [ERROR] 'dependencies.dependency.version' for
> > org.apache.logging.log4j:log4j-slf4j-impl:jar is missing. @ line 63,
> > column 17 @
> > [ERROR] The build could not read 1 project -> [Help 1]
> > ===
> >
> > On Thu, Oct 15, 2020 at 8:19 AM Gregor Zurowski
> > <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi Claus,
> > >
> > > Thanks for the update. I ran into that issue when I ran the prepare
> > > phase over night:
> > >
> > > [ERROR] Failed to execute goal
> > > org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-archetype-plugin:3.2.0:generate
> > > (generate-my-car-service) on project camel-olingo2: A Maven project
> > > already exists in the directory
> > >
> /[...]/camel/components/camel-olingo2/camel-olingo2-component/olingo2-my-car-service

Yes, this happens when running the integration tests:

[ERROR]   The project
org.apache.camel.archetypes.archetypeIT.camel-archetype-blueprint:run-it

On Thu, Oct 15, 2020 at 7:11 PM Andrea Cosentino <[hidden email]> wrote:

> But in 3.5.0, all of this work. Is this related to integration testing?
>
> Il giorno gio 15 ott 2020 alle ore 19:09 Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]>
> ha scritto:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > Ah it sounds like a chicken and egg problem.
> >
> > camel-karaf is not build ahead of time and you run some build process
> > that may test and need those JAR versions.
> > And hence try to download 3.6.0 from maven central.
> >
> > So I guess the archetypes for blueprint should be moved to
> > camel-karaf, and also for camel-spring-boot to its project.
> >
> > I will disable them on the 3.6 branch and we can work on moving them for
> > 3.7.
> >
> > On Thu, Oct 15, 2020 at 7:02 PM Gregor Zurowski
> > <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > >
> > > I am still getting issues in the prepare phase. It's currently
> > > breaking for org.apache.camel.archetypes:camel-archetype-blueprint:
> > >
> > > ===
> > > [ERROR] [ERROR] Some problems were encountered while processing the POMs:
> > > [ERROR] Non-resolvable import POM: Could not find artifact
> > > org.apache.camel.karaf:camel-karaf-bom:pom:3.6.0 in central
> > > (https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2) @ line 29, column 19
> > > [ERROR] 'dependencies.dependency.version' for
> > > org.apache.camel.karaf:camel-blueprint:jar is missing. @ line 46,
> > > column 17
> > > [ERROR] 'dependencies.dependency.version' for
> > > org.apache.camel.karaf:camel-blueprint-main:jar is missing. @ line 50,
> > > column 17
> > > [ERROR] 'dependencies.dependency.version' for
> > > org.apache.camel.karaf:camel-test-blueprint:jar is missing. @ line 56,
> > > column 17
> > > [ERROR] 'dependencies.dependency.version' for
> > > org.apache.logging.log4j:log4j-slf4j-impl:jar is missing. @ line 63,
> > > column 17 @
> > > [ERROR] The build could not read 1 project -> [Help 1]
> > > ===

> > /[...]/camel/components/camel-olingo2/camel-olingo2-component/olingo2-my-car-service

> > https://github.com/apache/camel/commit/fb2204b89c3567975d723de263cdef9053a81f4d

> > [hidden email]>

> > [hidden email]>

> > hipchat

> > place.

> > [hidden email]>

> > some tests

> > time to cut

> > build
> > be good to

> > move

> > closing down on
> > this

> > https://www.manning.com/ibsen2

> > --
> > Claus Ibsen
> > -----------------
> > http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus

Re: Apache Camel 3.6 this October

Hi Gregor

The workaround has been pushed in this commit
https://github.com/apache/camel/commit/101143add8895134e59e2d557b6ed76a1e28a270

On Thu, Oct 15, 2020 at 7:09 PM Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Ah it sounds like a chicken and egg problem.
>
> camel-karaf is not build ahead of time and you run some build process
> that may test and need those JAR versions.
> And hence try to download 3.6.0 from maven central.
>
> So I guess the archetypes for blueprint should be moved to
> camel-karaf, and also for camel-spring-boot to its project.
>
> I will disable them on the 3.6 branch and we can work on moving them for 3.7.
>
> On Thu, Oct 15, 2020 at 7:02 PM Gregor Zurowski
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > I am still getting issues in the prepare phase. It's currently
> > breaking for org.apache.camel.archetypes:camel-archetype-blueprint:
> >
> > ===
> > [ERROR] [ERROR] Some problems were encountered while processing the POMs:
> > [ERROR] Non-resolvable import POM: Could not find artifact
> > org.apache.camel.karaf:camel-karaf-bom:pom:3.6.0 in central
> > (https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2) @ line 29, column 19
> > [ERROR] 'dependencies.dependency.version' for
> > org.apache.camel.karaf:camel-blueprint:jar is missing. @ line 46,
> > column 17
> > [ERROR] 'dependencies.dependency.version' for
> > org.apache.camel.karaf:camel-blueprint-main:jar is missing. @ line 50,
> > column 17
> > [ERROR] 'dependencies.dependency.version' for
> > org.apache.camel.karaf:camel-test-blueprint:jar is missing. @ line 56,
> > column 17
> > [ERROR] 'dependencies.dependency.version' for
> > org.apache.logging.log4j:log4j-slf4j-impl:jar is missing. @ line 63,
> > column 17 @
> > [ERROR] The build could not read 1 project -> [Help 1]
> > ===
> >
> > On Thu, Oct 15, 2020 at 8:19 AM Gregor Zurowski
> > <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi Claus,
> > >
> > > Thanks for the update. I ran into that issue when I ran the prepare
> > > phase over night:
> > >
> > > [ERROR] Failed to execute goal
> > > org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-archetype-plugin:3.2.0:generate
> > > (generate-my-car-service) on project camel-olingo2: A Maven project
> > > already exists in the directory
> > > /[...]/camel/components/camel-olingo2/camel-olingo2-component/olingo2-my-car-service
> > >
> > > I'll pull and try again now.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Gregor

Re: Apache Camel 3.6 this October

On Thu, Oct 15, 2020 at 7:11 PM Andrea Cosentino <[hidden email]> wrote:

> But in 3.5.0, all of this work. Is this related to integration testing?

Yeah probably but its still wrong so we better move them anyway. I
have created a ticket.

> Il giorno gio 15 ott 2020 alle ore 19:09 Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]>
> ha scritto:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > Ah it sounds like a chicken and egg problem.
> >
> > camel-karaf is not build ahead of time and you run some build process
> > that may test and need those JAR versions.
> > And hence try to download 3.6.0 from maven central.
> >
> > So I guess the archetypes for blueprint should be moved to
> > camel-karaf, and also for camel-spring-boot to its project.
> >
> > I will disable them on the 3.6 branch and we can work on moving them for
> > 3.7.
> >
> > On Thu, Oct 15, 2020 at 7:02 PM Gregor Zurowski
> > <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > >
> > > I am still getting issues in the prepare phase. It's currently
> > > breaking for org.apache.camel.archetypes:camel-archetype-blueprint:
> > >
> > > ===
> > > [ERROR] [ERROR] Some problems were encountered while processing the POMs:
> > > [ERROR] Non-resolvable import POM: Could not find artifact
> > > org.apache.camel.karaf:camel-karaf-bom:pom:3.6.0 in central
> > > (https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2) @ line 29, column 19
> > > [ERROR] 'dependencies.dependency.version' for
> > > org.apache.camel.karaf:camel-blueprint:jar is missing. @ line 46,
> > > column 17
> > > [ERROR] 'dependencies.dependency.version' for
> > > org.apache.camel.karaf:camel-blueprint-main:jar is missing. @ line 50,
> > > column 17
> > > [ERROR] 'dependencies.dependency.version' for
> > > org.apache.camel.karaf:camel-test-blueprint:jar is missing. @ line 56,
> > > column 17
> > > [ERROR] 'dependencies.dependency.version' for
> > > org.apache.logging.log4j:log4j-slf4j-impl:jar is missing. @ line 63,
> > > column 17 @
> > > [ERROR] The build could not read 1 project -> [Help 1]
> > > ===

> > /[...]/camel/components/camel-olingo2/camel-olingo2-component/olingo2-my-car-service

> > https://github.com/apache/camel/commit/fb2204b89c3567975d723de263cdef9053a81f4d

> > [hidden email]>

> > [hidden email]>

> > hipchat

> > place.

> > [hidden email]>

> > some tests

> > time to cut

> > build
> > be good to

> > move

> > closing down on
> > this

> > https://www.manning.com/ibsen2

> > --
> > Claus Ibsen
> > -----------------
> > http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus

Re: Apache Camel 3.6 this October

Gregor Zurowski-2
Thanks Claus, I'll cherry-pick it onto my release branch.

Gregor

On Thu, Oct 15, 2020 at 7:16 PM Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 15, 2020 at 7:11 PM Andrea Cosentino <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > But in 3.5.0, all of this work. Is this related to integration testing?
> >

> Yeah probably but its still wrong so we better move them anyway. I
> have created a ticket.
>
> > Il giorno gio 15 ott 2020 alle ore 19:09 Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]>
> > ha scritto:
> >
> > > Hi
> > >
> > > Ah it sounds like a chicken and egg problem.
> > >
> > > camel-karaf is not build ahead of time and you run some build process
> > > that may test and need those JAR versions.
> > > And hence try to download 3.6.0 from maven central.
> > >
> > > So I guess the archetypes for blueprint should be moved to
> > > camel-karaf, and also for camel-spring-boot to its project.
> > >
> > > I will disable them on the 3.6 branch and we can work on moving them for
> > > 3.7.

> > > /[...]/camel/components/camel-olingo2/camel-olingo2-component/olingo2-my-car-service

> > > https://github.com/apache/camel/commit/fb2204b89c3567975d723de263cdef9053a81f4d

> > > [hidden email]>

> > > [hidden email]>

> > > hipchat

> > > place.

> > > [hidden email]>

> > > some tests

> > > time to cut

> > > build
> > > be good to

> > > move

> > > closing down on
> > > this

> > > https://www.manning.com/ibsen2

> > > --
> > > Claus Ibsen
> > > http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus
> > > Camel in Action 2: https://www.manning.com/ibsen2

Re: Apache Camel 3.6 this October

Jan Bednář
Hmm, sorry for breaking build with archetype integration tests.
Integration tests should be actually skipped for deploy stage, but it
completely ignores `-Dmaven.test.skip.exec=true` which we have in deploy
stage currently. I think more proper fix will be to add `-DskipTests` or
`-Darchetype.test.skip=true` to deploy phase in jenkinsfile.