Camel 1.0 Release Candidate

Hiram Chirino
Hey folks.. for the looks of the camel development activity, it looks
like camel-core has been stable for a while.  It might be a good time
to consider doing a 1.0 release.

I'm going to start gearing the up the release process and cut the
first release candidate soon.  Since this is the first release we need
to double check it to make sure all the license and notice files are
in place and everything is looking good from a legal perspective.  The
more eyes we can get on this to help make sure it's perfect, the
better.

I'll let you guys know when it's ready.

Hiram

Blog: http://hiramchirino.com

Re: Camel 1.0 Release Candidate

jstrachan
On 6/12/07, Hiram Chirino <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hey folks.. for the looks of the camel development activity, it looks
> like camel-core has been stable for a while.  It might be a good time
> to consider doing a 1.0 release.

+1

> I'm going to start gearing the up the release process and cut the
> first release candidate soon.

Great

I added a test case for Noah's FTP component (CAMEL-13)...
http://activemq.apache.org/camel/ftp.html

using Apache FtpServer...
http://incubator.apache.org/ftpserver/

which is cool btw; I noticed in the pom it was using the RAT mojo from
mojo.codehaus.org which am tinkering right now to try get that
automated as part of the CI build...

> Since this is the first release we need
> to double check it to make sure all the license and notice files are
> in place and everything is looking good from a legal perspective.  The
> more eyes we can get on this to help make sure it's perfect, the
> better.
>
> I'll let you guys know when it's ready.

Great!
http://macstrac.blogspot.com/

On 6/12/07, James Strachan <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 6/12/07, Hiram Chirino <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hey folks.. for the looks of the camel development activity, it looks
> > like camel-core has been stable for a while.  It might be a good time
> > to consider doing a 1.0 release.
>
> +1
>
> > I'm going to start gearing the up the release process and cut the
> > first release candidate soon.
>
> Great
>
> I added a test case for Noah's FTP component (CAMEL-13)...
> http://activemq.apache.org/camel/ftp.html
>
> using Apache FtpServer...
> http://incubator.apache.org/ftpserver/
>
> which is cool btw; I noticed in the pom it was using the RAT mojo from
> mojo.codehaus.org which am tinkering right now to try get that
> automated as part of the CI build...

For some reason the maven site report barfs; so I've commented that
out until newer version of the RAT plugin work.

For now you can manually run the RAT report ourself via...

http://cwiki.apache.org/CAMEL/running-rat.html
http://macstrac.blogspot.com/