Camel 2.19 Roadmap

123

Camel 2.19 Roadmap

There is a bunch of stuff which we can/should have on the roadmap to
complete for the Camel 2.19 release.

Here is on top of my head

1)
Finish migrating the wiki documentation to adoc files. I think its
most of the EIP patterns that are missing. There is a basic list of
EIPs here: https://github.com/apache/camel/blob/master/camel-core/readme-eip.adoc

2)
Generate documentation and website. Maybe documentation first and then
we come up with a modern website later - when we have a new logo as
well.

3)
Mark more stuff to @deprecate so we dont drag them into Camel 3.0.
This is both components / and other artifacts.
And as well the camel-core APIs where there is maybe more we can deprecate.
For example the old stuff that was created prior to the component docs
we do now with the apt plugin at build time instead of this old code
with runtime that dont really pan out anyway.

4)
Move spring-boot starters into the platforms folder. There is a ticket
about this.

5)
More improvements to spring boot auto configuration. We have a bunch
of tickets on that.

6)
Look at the health check API and see if there is something we can get
started on.
Possible some API to integrate with spring boot actuators (when using
SB) and allow each component to provide their own checks so they can
be implemented ad-hoc. There is a ticket about this.

7)
Possible some more teaks to camel-catalog based on feedback from IDEA
plugin and the maven validate goal.

8)
That CDI JEE transaction PR on github.
Ideally we would have had a transaction API in camel-core and then one
impl for camel-spring, and then another for camel-cdi-jee. But that
may require too much work.

9)
Work on the Java 8 DSL such as get more community feedback, and then
resolve the TODOs with the documentation updates and look into other
areas where the API can benefit from Java 8 lambdas and whatnot. I
dont think we have a ticket about this.

10)
Karaf users may want to improve/finish up the camel-test-karaf module
so its more usable and end users can use it to test integration tests
with Camel and Karaf.

11)
Introduce Camel Connectors (more about this later)

Anything else?

Re: Camel 2.19 Roadmap

Andrea Cosentino-2
For the point 1, I already started migrating some of them.

--
Andrea Cosentino
----------------------------------

On Monday, January 16, 2017 10:29 AM, Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi

[...]

scol
Hi Andrea,
I was thinking of working on it also, which ones are you working on?
Sebastien

> [...]
> plugin and the maven validate goal.
>
> 8)
> That CDI JEE transaction PR on github.
> Ideally we would have had a transaction API in camel-core and then one
> impl for camel-spring, and then another for camel-cdi-jee. But that
> may require too much work.
>
> 9)
> Work on the Java 8 DSL such as get more community feedback, and then
> resolve the TODOs with the documentation updates and look into other
> areas where the API can benefit from Java 8 lambdas and whatnot. I
> dont think we have a ticket about this.
>
> 10)
> Karaf users may want to improve/finish up the camel-test-karaf module
> so its more usable and end users can use it to test integration tests
> with Camel and Karaf.
>
> 11)
> Introduce Camel Connectors (more about this later)

Re: Camel 2.19 Roadmap

lburgazzoli
4) done
5) I should start working on auto config for the service call soon

On Mon, 16 Jan 2017 at 10:29, Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi
>

> There is a bunch of stuff which we can/should have on the roadmap to
>
> complete for the Camel 2.19 release.
>

> Here is on top of my head
>

> 1)
>
> Finish migrating the wiki documentation to adoc files. I think its
>
> most of the EIP patterns that are missing. There is a basic list of
>
> EIPs here:
> https://github.com/apache/camel/blob/master/camel-core/readme-eip.adoc
>

> 2)
>
> Generate documentation and website. Maybe documentation first and then
>
> we come up with a modern website later - when we have a new logo as
>
> well.
>

> 3)
>
> Mark more stuff to @deprecate so we dont drag them into Camel 3.0.
>
> This is both components / and other artifacts.
>
> And as well the camel-core APIs where there is maybe more we can deprecate.
>
> For example the old stuff that was created prior to the component docs
>
> we do now with the apt plugin at build time instead of this old code
>
> with runtime that dont really pan out anyway.
>

> 4)
>
> Move spring-boot starters into the platforms folder. There is a ticket
>
> about this.
>

> 5)
>
> More improvements to spring boot auto configuration. We have a bunch
>
> of tickets on that.
>

> 6)
>
> Look at the health check API and see if there is something we can get
>
> started on.
>
> Possible some API to integrate with spring boot actuators (when using
>
> SB) and allow each component to provide their own checks so they can
>
> be implemented ad-hoc. There is a ticket about this.
>

> 7)
>
> Possible some more teaks to camel-catalog based on feedback from IDEA
>
> plugin and the maven validate goal.
>

> 8)
>
> That CDI JEE transaction PR on github.
>
> Ideally we would have had a transaction API in camel-core and then one
>
> impl for camel-spring, and then another for camel-cdi-jee. But that
>
> may require too much work.
>

> 9)
>
> Work on the Java 8 DSL such as get more community feedback, and then
>
> resolve the TODOs with the documentation updates and look into other
>
> areas where the API can benefit from Java 8 lambdas and whatnot. I
>
> dont think we have a ticket about this.
>

> 10)
>
> Karaf users may want to improve/finish up the camel-test-karaf module
>
> so its more usable and end users can use it to test integration tests
>
> with Camel and Karaf.
>

> 11)
>
> Introduce Camel Connectors (more about this later)
>

> Anything else?

Luca Burgazzoli

Re: Camel 2.19 Roadmap

Hey Sebastien,

At the moment I was looking at the wire-tap page.

Feel free to work on any other you want :-)

Thanks for your help!
 --
Andrea Cosentino
----------------------------------

On Tuesday, January 17, 2017 8:37 AM, Sébastien Col <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

> plugin and the maven validate goal.
>
> 8)
> That CDI JEE transaction PR on github.
> Ideally we would have had a transaction API in camel-core and then one
> impl for camel-spring, and then another for camel-cdi-jee. But that
> may require too much work.
>
> 9)
> Work on the Java 8 DSL such as get more community feedback, and then
> resolve the TODOs with the documentation updates and look into other
> areas where the API can benefit from Java 8 lambdas and whatnot. I
> dont think we have a ticket about this.
>
> 10)
> Karaf users may want to improve/finish up the camel-test-karaf module
> so its more usable and end users can use it to test integration tests
> with Camel and Karaf.
>
> 11)
> Introduce Camel Connectors (more about this later)

Re: Camel 2.19 Roadmap

astefanutti

> On 16 Jan 2017, at 10:28, Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> 8)
> That CDI JEE transaction PR on github.
> Ideally we would have had a transaction API in camel-core and then one
> impl for camel-spring, and then another for camel-cdi-jee. But that
> may require too much work.

I may be able to work on it unless anybody else want to take it.

Antonin

Re: Camel 2.19 Roadmap

Nicola Ferraro
5) I started taking some tickets about spring-boot auto configuration

I also plan to finish the component for reactive streams before we release.

On Tue, Jan 17, 2017 at 9:44 AM, Antonin Stefanutti <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> > On 16 Jan 2017, at 10:28, Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > 8)
> > That CDI JEE transaction PR on github.
> > Ideally we would have had a transaction API in camel-core and then one
> > impl for camel-spring, and then another for camel-cdi-jee. But that
> > may require too much work.
>
> I may be able to work on it unless anybody else want to take it.
>
> Antonin

Re: Camel 2.19 Roadmap

lburgazzoli
9) I'm currently going through the examples and tests trying to
re-implement them using java 8 and see which part of the dsl can
benefit from lambdas & co, I should open a new JIRA soon

---
Luca Burgazzoli

On Tue, Jan 17, 2017 at 9:48 AM, Nicola Ferraro <[hidden email]> wrote:

> 5) I started taking some tickets about spring-boot auto configuration
>
> I also plan to finish the component for reactive streams before we release.
>
> On Tue, Jan 17, 2017 at 9:44 AM, Antonin Stefanutti <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>

>> > On 16 Jan 2017, at 10:28, Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> >
>> > 8)
>> > That CDI JEE transaction PR on github.
>> > Ideally we would have had a transaction API in camel-core and then one
>> > impl for camel-spring, and then another for camel-cdi-jee. But that
>> > may require too much work.
>>
>> I may be able to work on it unless anybody else want to take it.
>>
>> Antonin

Re: Camel 2.19 Roadmap

scol
Hey there,
I'm working on migrating the documentation regarding EIPs.

First, the granularity doesn't seem to be the same as in the former
documentation. For example, the Message Channel doesn't exist in the new
documentation. Another example is the Load Balancer EIP which is split into
several files in the new documentation.
This makes me think that it isn't a simple migration to asciidoctor, and
there is maybe a will to reorganize the documentation of EIPs.
Is it the case or can I add adoc files for elements that are not in the new
documentation folder?

Second, there are lots of links to other parts of the documentation that I
can't find anywhere. For example, the "Architecture" (
https://camel.apache.org/architecture.html) is referenced regularly, but I
can't find the section in the "camel-core" folder, nor under the docs
folder.
Does it mean the whole documentation has been reorganized?
Any thoughts or hints to find referenced pages?

Thanks a lot.
Regards.
Sebastien

> 9) I'm currently going through the examples and tests trying to
> re-implement them using java 8 and see which part of the dsl can
> benefit from lambdas & co, I should open a new JIRA soon
>
> ---
> Luca Burgazzoli
>

> On Tue, Jan 17, 2017 at 9:48 AM, Nicola Ferraro <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> > 5) I started taking some tickets about spring-boot auto configuration
> >
> > I also plan to finish the component for reactive streams before we
> release.
> >
> > On Tue, Jan 17, 2017 at 9:44 AM, Antonin Stefanutti <
> [hidden email]>

> >> I may be able to work on it unless anybody else want to take it.
> >>
> >> Antonin

Re: Camel 2.19 Roadmap

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
Hi Seb,

any effort on the documentation is valuable.

Regarding the EIP, yes, some reorg could make sense. Anyway, I would
keep an exhaustive list of EIPs as unfortunately lot of users don't use
them as they don't know ;)

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
[hidden email]
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: Camel 2.19 Roadmap

scol
Hi JB,
Thanks for your answer. So what I'll do is that I'll take the list of EIPs
as it is in the actual documentation and make sure we find all of these,
and I'll let the EIPs that have been reorganized as they are.

I couldn't find any ticket for that matter, should I label my PR with
something like "Documentation refactoring"?
Regards,
Seb

> Hi Seb,
>
> any effort on the documentation is valuable.
>
> Regarding the EIP, yes, some reorg could make sense. Anyway, I would keep
> an exhaustive list of EIPs as unfortunately lot of users don't use them as
> they don't know ;)
>
> Regards
> JB
>

> On 01/22/2017 05:05 PM, Sébastien Col wrote:
>
>> Hey there,
>> I'm working on migrating the documentation regarding EIPs.
>>
>> First, the granularity doesn't seem to be the same as in the former
>> documentation. For example, the Message Channel doesn't exist in the new
>> documentation. Another example is the Load Balancer EIP which is split
>> into
>> several files in the new documentation.
>> This makes me think that it isn't a simple migration to asciidoctor, and
>> there is maybe a will to reorganize the documentation of EIPs.
>> Is it the case or can I add adoc files for elements that are not in the
>> new
>> documentation folder?
>>
>> Second, there are lots of links to other parts of the documentation that I
>> can't find anywhere. For example, the "Architecture" (
>> https://camel.apache.org/architecture.html) is referenced regularly, but
>> can't find the section in the "camel-core" folder, nor under the docs
>> folder.
>> Does it mean the whole documentation has been reorganized?
>> Any thoughts or hints to find referenced pages?
>>
>> Thanks a lot.
>> Regards.
>> Sebastien

>> 9) I'm currently going through the examples and tests trying to
>>> re-implement them using java 8 and see which part of the dsl can
>>> benefit from lambdas & co, I should open a new JIRA soon
>>>
>>> ---
>>> Luca Burgazzoli

>>> release.

>>> [hidden email]>

> --
> Jean-Baptiste Onofré
> [hidden email]
> http://blog.nanthrax.net
> Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: Camel 2.19 Roadmap

12) Version information for components

I logged a ticket

Its been something we should have done a long time back ;) But it
would be good to know when components was added to Camel.

So if anyone have bash + git ninja skills and can hack a script that
can find this out, then it would be cool.

An alternative is to do some java code with jgit or something, but if
we get the versions included once, then we can maintain that manually
in the future.

We can then also include that information in the documentation from
the tooling so we dont have to add that ** Available from XXX **
manually anymore.

On Mon, Jan 16, 2017 at 10:28 AM, Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi
>
> There is a bunch of stuff which we can/should have on the roadmap to
> complete for the Camel 2.19 release.
>
> Here is on top of my head
>
> 1)
> Finish migrating the wiki documentation to adoc files. I think its
> most of the EIP patterns that are missing. There is a basic list of
> EIPs here: https://github.com/apache/camel/blob/master/camel-core/readme-eip.adoc
>
> 2)
> Generate documentation and website. Maybe documentation first and then
> we come up with a modern website later - when we have a new logo as
> well.
>
> 3)
> Mark more stuff to @deprecate so we dont drag them into Camel 3.0.
> This is both components / and other artifacts.
> And as well the camel-core APIs where there is maybe more we can deprecate.
> For example the old stuff that was created prior to the component docs
> we do now with the apt plugin at build time instead of this old code
> with runtime that dont really pan out anyway.
>
> 4)
> Move spring-boot starters into the platforms folder. There is a ticket
> about this.
>
> 5)
> More improvements to spring boot auto configuration. We have a bunch
> of tickets on that.
>
> 6)
> Look at the health check API and see if there is something we can get
> started on.
> Possible some API to integrate with spring boot actuators (when using
> SB) and allow each component to provide their own checks so they can
> be implemented ad-hoc. There is a ticket about this.
>
> 7)
> Possible some more teaks to camel-catalog based on feedback from IDEA
> plugin and the maven validate goal.
>
> 8)
> That CDI JEE transaction PR on github.
> Ideally we would have had a transaction API in camel-core and then one
> impl for camel-spring, and then another for camel-cdi-jee. But that
> may require too much work.
>
> 9)
> Work on the Java 8 DSL such as get more community feedback, and then
> resolve the TODOs with the documentation updates and look into other
> areas where the API can benefit from Java 8 lambdas and whatnot. I
> dont think we have a ticket about this.
>
> 10)
> Karaf users may want to improve/finish up the camel-test-karaf module
> so its more usable and end users can use it to test integration tests
> with Camel and Karaf.
>
> 11)
> Introduce Camel Connectors (more about this later)
>

> Anything else?

Re: Camel 2.19 Roadmap

scol
Hi Andrea,
I just noticed that the EIPs you migrated are right
under camel-core/src/main/docs, along with components. I have worked on
migrating missing EIPs and I was thinking of grouping them into a "eips"
subfolder.
Do you mind if I move your files into this folder?
Regards,
Sebastien

Re: Camel 2.19 Roadmap

Andrea Cosentino-2
Hi Sebastien,

Sure, go for it.

Thanks,
Andrea
 --
Andrea Cosentino
----------------------------------

On Thursday, February 16, 2017 6:32 AM, Sébastien Col <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

> > plugin and the maven validate goal.
> >
> > 8)
> > That CDI JEE transaction PR on github.
> > Ideally we would have had a transaction API in camel-core and then one
> > impl for camel-spring, and then another for camel-cdi-jee. But that
> > may require too much work.
> >
> > 9)
> > Work on the Java 8 DSL such as get more community feedback, and then
> > resolve the TODOs with the documentation updates and look into other
> > areas where the API can benefit from Java 8 lambdas and whatnot. I
> > dont think we have a ticket about this.
> >
> > 10)
> > Karaf users may want to improve/finish up the camel-test-karaf module
> > so its more usable and end users can use it to test integration tests
> > with Camel and Karaf.
> >
> > 11)
> > Introduce Camel Connectors (more about this later)

Yeah good idea to keep them in the eips folder. We may need to adjust
the maven and catalog tooling about this folder name. I can't remember
what they are doing now. But that is fine we take a look later when we
have more EIPs migrated and can use the tooling to keep the TOC up to
date and docs for the camel-catalog and whatnot.

On Thu, Feb 16, 2017 at 7:51 AM, Andrea Cosentino
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
>> > plugin and the maven validate goal.
>> >
>> > 8)
>> > That CDI JEE transaction PR on github.
>> > Ideally we would have had a transaction API in camel-core and then one
>> > impl for camel-spring, and then another for camel-cdi-jee. But that
>> > may require too much work.
>> >
>> > 9)
>> > Work on the Java 8 DSL such as get more community feedback, and then
>> > resolve the TODOs with the documentation updates and look into other
>> > areas where the API can benefit from Java 8 lambdas and whatnot. I
>> > dont think we have a ticket about this.
>> >
>> > 10)
>> > Karaf users may want to improve/finish up the camel-test-karaf module
>> > so its more usable and end users can use it to test integration tests
>> > with Camel and Karaf.
>> >
>> > 11)
>> > Introduce Camel Connectors (more about this later)

Re: Camel 2.19 Roadmap

Just wanted to bring up that we are closing in on a good time for
doing a new release.

For example in mid April it would be around 6 months since the last
2.18.0 release.

Therefore we should start closing down and fixing bugs, and make sure
the CI servers and tests are in good shape.
This morning we have fixed a number of recent test failures and are
down to only 1 test failure now.

On Mon, Jan 16, 2017 at 10:28 AM, Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi
>
> There is a bunch of stuff which we can/should have on the roadmap to
> complete for the Camel 2.19 release.
>
> Here is on top of my head
>
> 1)
> Finish migrating the wiki documentation to adoc files. I think its
> most of the EIP patterns that are missing. There is a basic list of
> EIPs here: https://github.com/apache/camel/blob/master/camel-core/readme-eip.adoc
>
> 2)
> Generate documentation and website. Maybe documentation first and then
> we come up with a modern website later - when we have a new logo as
> well.
>
> 3)
> Mark more stuff to @deprecate so we dont drag them into Camel 3.0.
> This is both components / and other artifacts.
> And as well the camel-core APIs where there is maybe more we can deprecate.
> For example the old stuff that was created prior to the component docs
> we do now with the apt plugin at build time instead of this old code
> with runtime that dont really pan out anyway.
>
> 4)
> Move spring-boot starters into the platforms folder. There is a ticket
> about this.
>
> 5)
> More improvements to spring boot auto configuration. We have a bunch
> of tickets on that.
>
> 6)
> Look at the health check API and see if there is something we can get
> started on.
> Possible some API to integrate with spring boot actuators (when using
> SB) and allow each component to provide their own checks so they can
> be implemented ad-hoc. There is a ticket about this.
>
> 7)
> Possible some more teaks to camel-catalog based on feedback from IDEA
> plugin and the maven validate goal.
>
> 8)
> That CDI JEE transaction PR on github.
> Ideally we would have had a transaction API in camel-core and then one
> impl for camel-spring, and then another for camel-cdi-jee. But that
> may require too much work.
>
> 9)
> Work on the Java 8 DSL such as get more community feedback, and then
> resolve the TODOs with the documentation updates and look into other
> areas where the API can benefit from Java 8 lambdas and whatnot. I
> dont think we have a ticket about this.
>
> 10)
> Karaf users may want to improve/finish up the camel-test-karaf module
> so its more usable and end users can use it to test integration tests
> with Camel and Karaf.
>
> 11)
> Introduce Camel Connectors (more about this later)
>

> Anything else?

Re: Camel 2.19 Roadmap

Gregor Zurowski-2
Hi,

Are we getting closer to build a 2.19.0 release?  I would volunteer
for creating the release, just wanted to check when would be a good
time to do so.

Thanks,
Gregor

On Wed, Mar 15, 2017 at 9:29 AM, Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
>> plugin and the maven validate goal.
>>
>> 8)
>> That CDI JEE transaction PR on github.
>> Ideally we would have had a transaction API in camel-core and then one
>> impl for camel-spring, and then another for camel-cdi-jee. But that
>> may require too much work.
>>
>> 9)
>> Work on the Java 8 DSL such as get more community feedback, and then
>> resolve the TODOs with the documentation updates and look into other
>> areas where the API can benefit from Java 8 lambdas and whatnot. I
>> dont think we have a ticket about this.
>>
>> 10)
>> Karaf users may want to improve/finish up the camel-test-karaf module
>> so its more usable and end users can use it to test integration tests
>> with Camel and Karaf.
>>
>> 11)
>> Introduce Camel Connectors (more about this later)

Claus Ibsen-2
Hi Gregor

Yeah its April so we should get the 2.19.0 release out the door.

We have just setup a 2.20.0 version in JIRA and folks should start
moving their tickets to that version if its something that they cannot
finish in time. Also we should refrain from doing bigger work at this
time as we should close down on last tickets, bug fixes, and get the
CI tests in good order, etc.

I will look at the JIRAs later this week and cleanup a bit so we have
a better overview of what work is yet to be done.

As April has the easter holidays. I wonder what you time schedule looks like?

Maybe if you have time to help with the release after the holidays?

Week 16 and 17 are the last 2 weeks in April after the holidays.
If we could maybe cut the RC in week 16 then that would be good.

On Mon, Apr 3, 2017 at 2:14 PM, Gregor Zurowski

> [...]
>>> plugin and the maven validate goal.
>>>
>>> 8)
>>> That CDI JEE transaction PR on github.
>>> Ideally we would have had a transaction API in camel-core and then one
>>> impl for camel-spring, and then another for camel-cdi-jee. But that
>>> may require too much work.
>>>
>>> 9)
>>> Work on the Java 8 DSL such as get more community feedback, and then
>>> resolve the TODOs with the documentation updates and look into other
>>> areas where the API can benefit from Java 8 lambdas and whatnot. I
>>> dont think we have a ticket about this.
>>>
>>> 10)
>>> Karaf users may want to improve/finish up the camel-test-karaf module
>>> so its more usable and end users can use it to test integration tests
>>> with Camel and Karaf.
>>>
>>> 11)
>>> Introduce Camel Connectors (more about this later)

Hi Claus,

Week 16 works for me.  I will send out another email shortly before
starting to build the RC.

Thanks,
Gregor

On Wed, Apr 5, 2017 at 3:08 PM, Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Gregor
>
> Yeah its April so we should get the 2.19.0 release out the door.
>
> We have just setup a 2.20.0 version in JIRA and folks should start
> moving their tickets to that version if its something that they cannot
> finish in time. Also we should refrain from doing bigger work at this
> time as we should close down on last tickets, bug fixes, and get the
> CI tests in good order, etc.
>
> I will look at the JIRAs later this week and cleanup a bit so we have
> a better overview of what work is yet to be done.
>
> As April has the easter holidays. I wonder what you time schedule looks like?
>
> Maybe if you have time to help with the release after the holidays?
>
> Week 16 and 17 are the last 2 weeks in April after the holidays.
> If we could maybe cut the RC in week 16 then that would be good.
>

> On Mon, Apr 3, 2017 at 2:14 PM, Gregor Zurowski
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Are we getting closer to build a 2.19.0 release?  I would volunteer
>> for creating the release, just wanted to check when would be a good
>> time to do so.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Gregor
>>

>> On Wed, Mar 15, 2017 at 9:29 AM, Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> Just wanted to bring up that we are closing in on a good time for
>>> doing a new release.
>>>
>>> For example in mid April it would be around 6 months since the last
>>> 2.18.0 release.
>>>
>>> Therefore we should start closing down and fixing bugs, and make sure
>>> the CI servers and tests are in good shape.
>>> This morning we have fixed a number of recent test failures and are
>>> down to only 1 test failure now.

>>> --
>>> Claus Ibsen
>>> -----------------
>>> http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus
>>> Camel in Action 2: https://www.manning.com/ibsen2

Re: Camel 2.19 Roadmap

Just a heads up that we plan to cut the RC for Camel 2.19 next week.

So we are closing down on the last tickets, bugs, features etc to get
the code base in shape.

The JIRA has 9 tickets
https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20CAMEL%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%202.19.0%20AND%20resolution%20%3D%20Unresolved

But you are of course welcome to work on other tickets etc but just
mind any big functionality is likely better to wait for next release.

There is however the expected transaction stuff for CDI as a PR in the
works, and also a new iot component
https://github.com/apache/camel/pulls

We should keep an eye on the CI servers to see how they are and fix
any test failures etc. Recently we got them to build and test the OSGi
and spring-boot specific tests so we should be able to better keep an
eye on this now and in the future.
https://builds.apache.org/view/A-D/view/Camel/