Camel Kafka Connector - running locally

Vikas Jaiswal
Hi Camel Team,
    I tried running one of the examples locally for Kafka connect:
https://github.com/apache/camel-kafka-connector-examples/tree/master/file/file-source

I get lots of camel exception. I have set the "plugin.path" to the location where I have unzipped the connector.

I do get the file in the queue. Also how do I read the file that is there? Is there a way to read the file record by record and upload to the queue?

Regards,
Vikas

Re: Camel Kafka Connector - running locally

Andrea Cosentino-3
Each connector needs to be in his own directory. How is it the your plugin
path location?

Il dom 12 lug 2020, 16:32 Vikas Jaiswal <[hidden email]> ha scritto:

> Hi Camel Team,
>     I tried running one of the examples locally for Kafka connect:
>
> https://github.com/apache/camel-kafka-connector-examples/tree/master/file/file-source
>
> I get lots of camel exception. I have set the "plugin.path" to the
> location where I have unzipped the connector.
>
> I do get the file in the queue. Also how do I read the file that is there?
> Is there a way to read the file record by record and upload to the queue?
>

> Regards,
> Vikas

RE: Camel Kafka Connector - running locally

Vikas Jaiswal
Yes it is.. I unzip a connector in the plugin location which has its own directory.

CAUTION: DO NOT click links, open attachments, or provide sensitive information if the sender is unknown

Each connector needs to be in his own directory. How is it the your plugin
path location?

Il dom 12 lug 2020, 16:32 Vikas Jaiswal <[hidden email]> ha scritto:

> Hi Camel Team,
>     I tried running one of the examples locally for Kafka connect:
>
> https://github.com/apache/camel-kafka-connector-examples/tree/master/file/file-source
>
> I get lots of camel exception. I have set the "plugin.path" to the
> location where I have unzipped the connector.
>
> I do get the file in the queue. Also how do I read the file that is there?
> Is there a way to read the file record by record and upload to the queue?
>

> Regards,
> Vikas

Help reduce your carbon footprint | Think before you print. This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and intended solely for the addressee and may also be privileged or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the addressee, or have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately, delete it from your system and do not copy, disclose or otherwise act upon any part of this e-mail or its attachments. Any opinion or other information in this e-mail or its attachments that does not relate to the business of the Saksoft Group is personal to the sender and is not given or endorsed by the Saksoft Group. Any data that you provide within the context of your email you will have done so with your own consent and GDPR controls will be applied whilst the data is controlled or processed within the Saksoft Group.

Re: Camel Kafka Connector - running locally

Andrea Cosentino-3
Maybe report the error otherwise it's a bit hard. Report it in the issue
tracker on github