Camel Rest Endpoint DSL prefix the string "null" to query parameters key

Camel Rest Endpoint DSL prefix the string "null" to query parameters key

Wai Keung Yiu Man Lung
Hi,

I am using version 3.4.2.

While working with the endpoint DSL for the REST producer component, I
noticed that I could not properly set the queryParameters.

Every time I use the DSL, it will add a string prefix of "null" in front of
the key.

It seems the autogenerated factory produces something wrong as per the
reference in github

https://github.com/apache/camel/blob/camel-3.4.2/core/camel-endpointdsl/src/generated/java/org/apache/camel/builder/endpoint/dsl/RestEndpointBuilderFactory.java#L486

I do not know how to use the queryParameters in the URI format either, my
current work around is to simply add it as a regular query parameter to the
camel URI in the "to" route.

For.e.g,
"rest:get:{baseUrl}?queryParam1={queryParam1}&queryParam2={queryParam2}" ...

It will be great to have some feedback on how to use the endpoint dsl / how
to use the rest component correctly in sending HTTP query params with
queryParameters in string URI format.

Cheers,
Wai Keung

Re: Camel Rest Endpoint DSL prefix the string "null" to query parameters key

Thanks for reporting this, its a little bug

On Wed, Aug 12, 2020 at 11:26 AM Wai Keung Yiu Man Lung

> I am using version 3.4.2.
>
> While working with the endpoint DSL for the REST producer component, I
> noticed that I could not properly set the queryParameters.
>
> Every time I use the DSL, it will add a string prefix of "null" in front of
> the key.
>
> It seems the autogenerated factory produces something wrong as per the
> reference in github
>
> https://github.com/apache/camel/blob/camel-3.4.2/core/camel-endpointdsl/src/generated/java/org/apache/camel/builder/endpoint/dsl/RestEndpointBuilderFactory.java#L486
>

> I do not know how to use the queryParameters in the URI format either, my
> current work around is to simply add it as a regular query parameter to the
> camel URI in the "to" route.
>
> For.e.g,
> "rest:get:{baseUrl}?queryParam1={queryParam1}&queryParam2={queryParam2}" ...
>
> It will be great to have some feedback on how to use the endpoint dsl / how
> to use the rest component correctly in sending HTTP query params with
> queryParameters in string URI format.
>
> Cheers,
> Wai Keung

sjms batch dead letter queue question

Bing Lu
 Hi, i am using sjms batch and during volume testing, there are bunch of messages going to the dead letter queue with the following, any ideas why? thanks

Unknown message type [org.apache.activemq.command.ActiveMQMessage] ActiveMQMessage {commandId = 16, responseRequired = true, messageId = ID:178a8eb48e18-37191-1597337746358-1:3:1:1:12, originalDestination = null, originalTransactionId = null, producerId = ID:178a8eb48e18-37191-1597337746358-1:3:1:1, destination = queue://test.dlq, transactionId = null, expiration = 0, timestamp = 1597339950588, arrival = 0, brokerInTime = 1597339950591, brokerOutTime = 1597340874786, correlationId = null, replyTo = null, persistent = true, type = null, priority = 4, groupID = null, groupSequence = 0, targetConsumerId = null, compressed = false, userID = null, content = null, marshalledProperties = org.apache.activemq.util.ByteSequence@1cfa1722, dataStructure = null, redeliveryCounter = 0, size = 1064, properties = {cacheId=8GM00276074CPD1597339918}, readOnlyProperties = true, readOnlyBody = true, droppable = false, jmsXGroupFirst