Camel, m2Eclipse, Eclipse Ganymede

huntc
Hi there,

Does anyone use Eclipse Ganymede and the m2eclipse tooling?

I've been trying to build the 1.6 with these and I can get things to build outside of the IDE using Maven from the command line. However I am unable to build Came with Eclipse and m2eclipse.

Recipes anyone?

Kind regards,
Christopher

Re: Camel, m2Eclipse, Eclipse Ganymede

Charles Moulliard
Hi,

I use Eclipse 3.4 (Ganymede) with Sonatype Maven plugin.

Personaly I do the build outside of Eclipse. I will check but I'm pretty
sure that I can do the build inside Eclipse. BTW, the file to be used for
the build is the pom.xml parent file which is not of a module

regards,

Charles Moulliard
Senior Enterprise Architect
Apache Camel Committer

*****************************
blog : http://cmoulliard.blogspot.com

Twitter : @cmoulliard, @fusenews
Blog : http://cmoulliard.blogspot.com

Re: Camel, m2Eclipse, Eclipse Ganymede

Charles Moulliard
I have made a test from eclipse and it works.

What you have to do is to create a folder and import the parent pom.xml file
of Camel project. This directory must be created at the same level as
buildingtools, camel-core, components, ...

and in the pom.xml file you must change the location of the modules like
this :

  <modules>
    <module>../buildingtools</module>
    <module>../camel-core</module>
    <module>../components</module>
    <module>../examples</module>
    <module>../platforms</module>
    <module>../tooling</module>
    <module>../tests</module>
    <module>../apache-camel</module>
  </modules>

On Wed, May 6, 2009 at 9:01 AM, Charles Moulliard <[hidden email]>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I use Eclipse 3.4 (Ganymede) with Sonatype Maven plugin.
>
> Personaly I do the build outside of Eclipse. I will check but I'm pretty
> sure that I can do the build inside Eclipse. BTW, the file to be used for
> the build is the pom.xml parent file which is not of a module
>
> regards,
>
> Charles Moulliard
> Senior Enterprise Architect
> Apache Camel Committer
>
> *****************************
> blog : http://cmoulliard.blogspot.com
>

> On Wed, May 6, 2009 at 7:03 AM, huntc <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> Hi there,
>>
>> Does anyone use Eclipse Ganymede and the m2eclipse tooling?
>>
>> I've been trying to build the 1.6 with these and I can get things to build
>> outside of the IDE using Maven from the command line. However I am unable
>> build Came with Eclipse and m2eclipse.
>>
>> Recipes anyone?
>>
>> Kind regards,
>> Christopher

Twitter : @cmoulliard, @fusenews
Blog : http://cmoulliard.blogspot.com

Re: Camel, m2Eclipse, Eclipse Ganymede

huntc
Hi Claude,

Thanks for your replies.

I'm thinking that you shouldn't have to do this with m2eclipse though - in a perfect world that is. You should be able to check out the project from svn, enable m2eclipse on the project, and the rest should sort itself out. It mostly does though there's something I'm not doing...

I'll study your advice further though.

Kind regards,
Christopher

Re: Camel, m2Eclipse, Eclipse Ganymede