Quantcast

Camel.trunk.fulltest.windows - still Failing

Camel.trunk.fulltest.windows - still Failing

Christian Müller
We have again and again a problem to get our Windows build running after one of our tests fails [1]. It looks like the test took to long. The process itself is still existing and prevents Jenkins in the next build to delete the camel-core-XXX.jar artifact. This is the reason for all next build failures.
The right solution of course is to get the issue with this test fixed. We are working on this. But until we get this fixed, It would be very helpful for us if someone could kill the hanging process for us or guide as how we can do it.

Gavin closed my issue [2] and suggested to ask here for help.

[1] https://builds.apache.org/view/A-F/view/Camel/job/Camel.trunk.fulltest.windows/311/consoleFull

Thanks in advance,
Christian

Re: Camel.trunk.fulltest.windows - still Failing

Brett Porter
Jenkins was wedged on there anyway, so I rebooted the VM. You should be good to go again.

I'm not aware of any easy way to be able to kill that test from Jenkins, but perhaps you could try this:
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-surefire-plugin/test-mojo.html#forkedProcessTimeoutInSeconds

- Brett

--
Brett Porter
[hidden email]

Re: Camel.trunk.fulltest.windows - still Failing

Christian Mueller
Thanks Brett for this hint. I opened a JIRA for Camel [1] and started
working on it.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-5124

Best,
Christian

On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 6:46 AM, Brett Porter <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Jenkins was wedged on there anyway, so I rebooted the VM. You should be
> good to go again.
>
> I'm not aware of any easy way to be able to kill that test from Jenkins,
> but perhaps you could try this:
>
> http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-surefire-plugin/test-mojo.html#forkedProcessTimeoutInSeconds
>
> - Brett
>
> On 27/03/2012, at 5:03 AM, Christian Mueller wrote:
>
> > We have again and again a problem to get our Windows build running after
> one of our tests fails [1]. It looks like the test took to long. The
> process itself is still existing and prevents Jenkins in the next build to
> delete the camel-core-XXX.jar artifact. This is the reason for all next
> build failures.
> > The right solution of course is to get the issue with this test fixed.
> We are working on this. But until we get this fixed, It would be very
> helpful for us if someone could kill the hanging process for us or guide as
> how we can do it.
> >
> > Gavin closed my issue [2] and suggested to ask here for help.
> >
> > [1]
> https://builds.apache.org/view/A-F/view/Camel/job/Camel.trunk.fulltest.windows/311/consoleFull
> > [2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-4595
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> > Christian
>
> --
> Brett Porter
> [hidden email]
> http://brettporter.wordpress.com/
> http://au.linkedin.com/in/brettporter
> http://twitter.com/brettporter

Camel.trunk.fulltest.windows - still Failing

Christian Mueller
After a NPE in Jenkins [1], the next build for Apache Camel [2] failed
because camel-core-2.10-SNAPSHOT.jar could not deleted. Could you please
kill the hanging thread/process.

[1]
https://builds.apache.org/view/A-F/view/Camel/job/Camel.trunk.fulltest.windows/327/console
[2]
https://builds.apache.org/view/A-F/view/Camel/job/Camel.trunk.fulltest.windows/328/console

Thanks in advance,
Christian

Thanks Brett for this hint. I opened a JIRA for Camel [1] and started
working on it.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-5124

Best,
Christian

On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 6:46 AM, Brett Porter <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Jenkins was wedged on there anyway, so I rebooted the VM. You should be
> good to go again.
>
> I'm not aware of any easy way to be able to kill that test from Jenkins,
> but perhaps you could try this:
>
> http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-surefire-plugin/test-mojo.html#forkedProcessTimeoutInSeconds
>
> - Brett
>
> On 27/03/2012, at 5:03 AM, Christian Mueller wrote:
>
> > We have again and again a problem to get our Windows build running after
> one of our tests fails [1]. It looks like the test took to long. The
> process itself is still existing and prevents Jenkins in the next build to
> delete the camel-core-XXX.jar artifact. This is the reason for all next
> build failures.
> > The right solution of course is to get the issue with this test fixed.
> We are working on this. But until we get this fixed, It would be very
> helpful for us if someone could kill the hanging process for us or guide as
> how we can do it.
> >
> > Gavin closed my issue [2] and suggested to ask here for help.
> >
> > [1]
> https://builds.apache.org/view/A-F/view/Camel/job/Camel.trunk.fulltest.windows/311/consoleFull
> > [2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-4595
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> > Christian
>
> --
> Brett Porter
> [hidden email]
> http://brettporter.wordpress.com/
> http://au.linkedin.com/in/brettporter
> http://twitter.com/brettporter

Re: Camel.trunk.fulltest.windows - still Failing

Brett Porter
Looks like it already had, so I kicked off a build.

On 10/04/2012, at 6:53 AM, Christian Müller wrote:

> After a NPE in Jenkins [1], the next build for Apache Camel [2] failed
> because camel-core-2.10-SNAPSHOT.jar could not deleted. Could you please
> kill the hanging thread/process.
>
> [1]
> https://builds.apache.org/view/A-F/view/Camel/job/Camel.trunk.fulltest.windows/327/console
> [2]
> https://builds.apache.org/view/A-F/view/Camel/job/Camel.trunk.fulltest.windows/328/console
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Christian

Thanks Brett, but it didn't worked. It failed again for the same reason:

org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Failed to
execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-clean-plugin:2.4.1:clean
(default-clean) on project camel-core: Failed to clean project: Failed
to delete F:\hudson\hudson-slave\workspace\Camel.trunk.fulltest.windows\camel-trunk\camel-core\target\camel-core-2.10-SNAPSHOT.jar
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:217)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:153)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:145)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:84)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:59)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleStarter.singleThreadedBuild(LifecycleStarter.java:183)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleStarter.execute(LifecycleStarter.java:161)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:319)

Best,
Christian