Creating a subscription between an AWS SNS Topic and an AWS SQS Queue

Creating a subscription between an AWS SNS Topic and an AWS SQS Queue

Adan Nunez
I can see that it’s possible to create SNS topics and SQS Queues with Camel. But I am not able to see a way to create a subscription between an SNS topic and SQS Queue. Is there a way to accomplish this with Camel that I’m just missing?

Re: Creating a subscription between an AWS SNS Topic and an AWS SQS Queue

Andrea Cosentino-2
Actually it's not possible. Please raise a JIRA for an improvement in this area.

I think we'll have to resolve the problem of being able to subscribe, because in a single component we'll need to use two different client one for SNS and one for SQS.

Thanks for spotting this.

--
Andrea Cosentino
----------------------------------

I can see that it’s possible to create SNS topics and SQS Queues with Camel. But I am not able to see a way to create a subscription between an SNS topic and SQS Queue. Is there a way to accomplish this with Camel that I’m just missing?

Re: Creating a subscription between an AWS SNS Topic and an AWS SQS Queue

Just catching up on old emails.
Was there a JIRA ticket logged about this?
On Thu, Nov 8, 2018 at 7:07 PM Andrea Cosentino
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Actually it's not possible. Please raise a JIRA for an improvement in this area.
>
> I think we'll have to resolve the problem of being able to subscribe, because in a single component we'll need to use two different client one for SNS and one for SQS.
>
> Thanks for spotting this.
>
> --
> Andrea Cosentino
> ----------------------------------
> Apache Camel PMC Chair
> Apache Karaf Committer
> Apache Servicemix PMC Member
> Email: [hidden email]
> Twitter: @oscerd2
> Github: oscerd
>

> On Wednesday, November 7, 2018, 6:44:12 PM GMT+1, Adan Nunez <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> I can see that it’s possible to create SNS topics and SQS Queues with Camel. But I am not able to see a way to create a subscription between an SNS topic and SQS Queue. Is there a way to accomplish this with Camel that I’m just missing?

R: Re: Creating a subscription between an AWS SNS Topic and an AWS SQS Queue

Andrea Cosentino-2
Yes. Need to check but I created it :-)

Inviato da Yahoo Mail su Android

  Il lun, 3 dic, 2018 alle 19:03, Claus Ibsen<[hidden email]> ha scritto:   Hi

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Actually it's not possible. Please raise a JIRA for an improvement in this area.
>
> I think we'll have to resolve the problem of being able to subscribe, because in a single component we'll need to use two different client one for SNS and one for SQS.
>
> Thanks for spotting this.
>
> --
> Andrea Cosentino
> ----------------------------------
> Apache Camel PMC Chair
> Apache Karaf Committer
> Apache Servicemix PMC Member
> Email: [hidden email]
> Twitter: @oscerd2
> Github: oscerd
>

> On Wednesday, November 7, 2018, 6:44:12 PM GMT+1, Adan Nunez <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> I can see that it’s possible to create SNS topics and SQS Queues with Camel. But I am not able to see a way to create a subscription between an SNS topic and SQS Queue. Is there a way to accomplish this with Camel that I’m just missing?

Re: Creating a subscription between an AWS SNS Topic and an AWS SQS Queue

I didn't create the JIRA ticket.

It's here:

Andrea Cosentino
Apache Camel PMC Chair