Quantcast

[DISCUSS] Camel 2.9.1 Release

hadrian
There are some 65 issues resolved for 2.9.1 and 6 weeks since the 2.9.0
release. I am planning on releasing 2.9.1 in a week or so.

Thoughts?
--
Hadrian Zbarcea
Principal Software Architect
http://coders.talend.com/
http://camelbot.blogspot.com/

Re: [DISCUSS] Camel 2.9.1 Release

Christian Schneider
+1

Sounds good to me

Christian

--
Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Open Source Architect

Re: [DISCUSS] Camel 2.9.1 Release

jb@nanthrax.net
+1

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
[hidden email]
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: [DISCUSS] Camel 2.9.1 Release

Babak Vahdat

Currently there're 17 open tickets most of them were postponed to 2.9.1 as there was the intention to bring 2.9.0 out the door, mostly regarding the proper URI format/usage stuff, etc.

Would be the idea to postpone these tickets again to another 2.9.x release or can it be managed to resolve them properly by this target release?

Babak

Re: [DISCUSS] Camel 2.9.1 Release

hadrian
Hi Babak, most of those are assigned to me and is ongoing work. Since
then I discovered issues with uris in a few other components. My
intention is to resolve as many as I can in 2.9.1. The idea is to pick
up the low hanging fruits now and for the 3.0 release all camel uris to
be proper uris.

In addition to these issues I am sure others will be resolved as well,
so I think the number of issues solved in 2.9.1 will be somewhere
between 80 and 100.

Cheers,
Hadrian

On 02/08/2012 09:04 AM, Babak Vahdat wrote:

> Hi
>
> Currently there're 17 open tickets most of them were postponed to 2.9.1 as
> there was the intention to bring 2.9.0 out the door, mostly regarding the
> proper URI format/usage stuff, etc.
>
> Would be the idea to postpone these tickets again to another 2.9.x release
> or can it be managed to resolve them properly by this target release?
>
> Babak

Hadrian Zbarcea
Principal Software Architect
Talend, Inc
http://coders.talend.com/
http://camelbot.blogspot.com/

Re: [DISCUSS] Camel 2.9.1 Release

Christian Mueller
Hello Hadrian!

Do you have any updates for the Camel 2.9.1 release for us?

Best,
Christian

On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 3:24 PM, Hadrian Zbarcea <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Babak, most of those are assigned to me and is ongoing work. Since then
> I discovered issues with uris in a few other components. My intention is to
> resolve as many as I can in 2.9.1. The idea is to pick up the low hanging
> fruits now and for the 3.0 release all camel uris to be proper uris.
>
> In addition to these issues I am sure others will be resolved as well, so
> I think the number of issues solved in 2.9.1 will be somewhere between 80
> and 100.
>
> Cheers,
> Hadrian
>

> On 02/08/2012 09:04 AM, Babak Vahdat wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> Currently there're 17 open tickets most of them were postponed to 2.9.1 as
>> there was the intention to bring 2.9.0 out the door, mostly regarding the
>> proper URI format/usage stuff, etc.
>>
>> Would be the idea to postpone these tickets again to another 2.9.x release
>> or can it be managed to resolve them properly by this target release?
>>
>> Babak

> Hadrian Zbarcea
> Principal Software Architect
> Talend, Inc
> http://coders.talend.com/
> http://camelbot.blogspot.com/

Re: [DISCUSS] Camel 2.9.1 Release

hadrian
Yeah, got busy with other things :(. I am looking at last small fixes we
can do in 2.9.x and build the kits probably on Wed. The builds were ok
last week we should be in good shape. The jenkins builds only show one
failure which I believe to be a test issue, but I'll look into it anyway.

If anybody has fixes they want in, please shout.

Cheers,
Hadrian

[1] http://s.apache.org/Rxp

--
Hadrian Zbarcea
Principal Software Architect
Talend, Inc
http://coders.talend.com/
http://camelbot.blogspot.com/

Re: [DISCUSS] Camel 2.9.1 Release

chris snow
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-5030 would be good :)

Although it's tagged as an improvement, the patch could be considered a fix
as the 2.9.0 version of smpp doesn't work in my environment due to its lack
of proxy support.

On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 2:32 PM, Hadrian Zbarcea <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Yeah, got busy with other things :(. I am looking at last small fixes we
> can do in 2.9.x and build the kits probably on Wed. The builds were ok last
> week we should be in good shape. The jenkins builds only show one failure
> which I believe to be a test issue, but I'll look into it anyway.
>
> If anybody has fixes they want in, please shout.
>
> Cheers,
> Hadrian
>
> [1] http://s.apache.org/Rxp
>

> On 02/25/2012 09:43 AM, Christian Müller wrote:
>
>> Hello Hadrian!
>>
>> Do you have any updates for the Camel 2.9.1 release for us?
>>
>> Best,
>> Christian
>>
>> On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 3:24 PM, Hadrian Zbarcea<[hidden email]>
>>  wrote:
>>
>>  Hi Babak, most of those are assigned to me and is ongoing work. Since
>>> then
>>> I discovered issues with uris in a few other components. My intention is
>>> resolve as many as I can in 2.9.1. The idea is to pick up the low hanging
>>> fruits now and for the 3.0 release all camel uris to be proper uris.
>>>
>>> In addition to these issues I am sure others will be resolved as well, so
>>> I think the number of issues solved in 2.9.1 will be somewhere between 80
>>> and 100.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Hadrian
>>>

>>> On 02/08/2012 09:04 AM, Babak Vahdat wrote:
>>>
>>>  Hi

>>> --
>>> Hadrian Zbarcea
>>> Principal Software Architect
>>> Talend, Inc
>>> http://coders.talend.com/
>>> http://camelbot.blogspot.com/
>>>

> --
> Hadrian Zbarcea
> Principal Software Architect
> Talend, Inc
> http://coders.talend.com/
> http://camelbot.blogspot.com/

Re: [DISCUSS] Camel 2.9.1 Release

hadrian
Thank Chris, looking into it.
Hadrian

http://coders.talend.com/
http://camelbot.blogspot.com/

Re: [DISCUSS] Camel 2.9.1 Release

Christian Mueller
If it's considered as bug or improvement, I would like to fix [1]. It's an
issue we hit last week in our development team and have to use a ugly
workaround...

[1]
http://camel.465427.n5.nabble.com/DefaultUnitOfWork-doesn-t-copy-headers-from-the-original-message-if-it-s-a-JmsMessage-td5518546.html

Best,
Christian

On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 6:20 PM, Hadrian Zbarcea <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thank Chris, looking into it.
> Hadrian
>

> On 02/27/2012 09:56 AM, chris snow wrote:
>
>> https://issues.apache.org/**jira/browse/CAMEL-5030<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-5030>would be good :)
>>
>> Although it's tagged as an improvement, the patch could be considered a
>> fix
>> as the 2.9.0 version of smpp doesn't work in my environment due to its
>> lack
>> of proxy support.
>>
>> On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 2:32 PM, Hadrian Zbarcea<[hidden email]>
>>  wrote:
>>
>>  Yeah, got busy with other things :(. I am looking at last small fixes we
>>> can do in 2.9.x and build the kits probably on Wed. The builds were ok
>>> last
>>> week we should be in good shape. The jenkins builds only show one failure
>>> which I believe to be a test issue, but I'll look into it anyway.
>>>
>>> If anybody has fixes they want in, please shout.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Hadrian
>>>
>>> [1] http://s.apache.org/Rxp
>>>

>>> On 02/25/2012 09:43 AM, Christian Müller wrote:
>>>
>>>  Hello Hadrian!

>>> Hadrian Zbarcea
>>> Principal Software Architect
>>> Talend, Inc
>>> http://coders.talend.com/
>>> http://camelbot.blogspot.com/
>>>

> --
> Hadrian Zbarcea
> Principal Software Architect
> Talend, Inc
> http://coders.talend.com/
> http://camelbot.blogspot.com/

Re: [DISCUSS] Camel 2.9.1 Release

Christian Mueller
I fixed this for Camel 2.10.0. The fix is to late to go into Camel 2.9.1
because we should test it also with other JMS providers first.
I have no other issues which have to go into Camel 2.9.1.

Best,
Christian

On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 11:08 PM, Christian Müller <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> If it's considered as bug or improvement, I would like to fix [1]. It's an
> issue we hit last week in our development team and have to use a ugly
> workaround...
>
> [1]
> http://camel.465427.n5.nabble.com/DefaultUnitOfWork-doesn-t-copy-headers-from-the-original-message-if-it-s-a-JmsMessage-td5518546.html
>
> Best,
> Christian
>

> On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 6:20 PM, Hadrian Zbarcea <[hidden email]>wrote:
>
>> Thank Chris, looking into it.
>> Hadrian
>>

>> On 02/27/2012 09:56 AM, chris snow wrote:
>>
>>> https://issues.apache.org/**jira/browse/CAMEL-5030<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-5030>would be good :)
>>>
>>> Although it's tagged as an improvement, the patch could be considered a
>>> fix
>>> as the 2.9.0 version of smpp doesn't work in my environment due to its
>>> lack
>>> of proxy support.
>>>
>>> On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 2:32 PM, Hadrian Zbarcea<[hidden email]>
>>>  wrote:
>>>
>>>  Yeah, got busy with other things :(. I am looking at last small fixes we

>> --
>> Hadrian Zbarcea
>> Principal Software Architect
>> Talend, Inc
>> http://coders.talend.com/
>> http://camelbot.blogspot.com/

Re: [DISCUSS] Camel 2.9.1 Release

hadrian
First attempt to release camel-2.9.1 failed with an osgi related
problem. Will look into it in the morning and restart the builds.

Hadrian

http://coders.talend.com/
http://camelbot.blogspot.com/

Re: [DISCUSS] Camel 2.9.1 Release