Dash in headers as named parameters

bukaj_s
Hello.
Am I correct if I say we cannot have dashes in named parameters?
If so, why is that? Dashes are heavily used in our naming convention for
headers.
Thanks for clarification.
Best regards
Bukaj

Re: Dash in headers as named parameters

Can you tell a bit more where you use those headers? Camel has no
restrictions on header names. Its the protocol of the components that
may have such as JMS, HTTP etc.

On Sun, Jul 1, 2018 at 3:36 PM, bukaj_s <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello.
> Am I correct if I say we cannot have dashes in named parameters?
> If so, why is that? Dashes are heavily used in our naming convention for
> headers.
> Thanks for clarification.
> Best regards
> Bukaj

Re: Dash in headers as named parameters

bukaj_s
I am sorry I wrote all messages in context of camel-sql and forgot to
mention it. As far as I understand named parameter's regex doesn't take
into account dashes in named parameters for sql prepared statement. My
questions is if this is correct observation and why is that. If I want to
use values inside headers from http requests which contains dashes it fails.
Thanks

On Tue, Jul 3, 2018, 12:43 Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Can you tell a bit more where you use those headers? Camel has no
> restrictions on header names. Its the protocol of the components that
> may have such as JMS, HTTP etc.
>
> On Sun, Jul 1, 2018 at 3:36 PM, bukaj_s <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hello.
> > Am I correct if I say we cannot have dashes in named parameters?
> > If so, why is that? Dashes are heavily used in our naming convention for
> > headers.
> > Thanks for clarification.
> > Best regards
> > Bukaj

Re: Dash in headers as named parameters

Ah okay, then yeah then its possible not supported. You are welcome to
take a look at the source code and see if you can modify the regex to
support dash.

We love contributions
http://camel.apache.org/contributing