DefaultTracer traceBeforeRoute not calling dumpTrace

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

DefaultTracer traceBeforeRoute not calling dumpTrace

Alex Soto
In Camel 3.4.0 I am trying to customize the Tracing to use DEBUG level instead of INFO.
For this, I created my own class extending org.apache.camel.impl.engine.DefaultTracer  and overriding method dumpTrace.
But dumpTrace is not being called in all cases, in particular, method traceBeforeRoute  is not calling it, instead logging directly with INFO level.


Best regards,
Alex soto




Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: DefaultTracer traceBeforeRoute not calling dumpTrace

Claus Ibsen-2
Hi

Yeah that is a little bug. You are welcome to create a JIRA and
provide a fix as a github PR
https://camel.apache.org/manual/latest/contributing.html

On Fri, Jul 10, 2020 at 6:03 PM Alex Soto <[hidden email]> wrote:

>
> In Camel 3.4.0 I am trying to customize the Tracing to use DEBUG level instead of INFO.
> For this, I created my own class extending org.apache.camel.impl.engine.DefaultTracer  and overriding method dumpTrace.
> But dumpTrace is not being called in all cases, in particular, method traceBeforeRoute  is not calling it, instead logging directly with INFO level.
>
>
> Best regards,
> Alex soto
>
>
>
>


--
Claus Ibsen
-----------------
http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus
Camel in Action 2: https://www.manning.com/ibsen2
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

sjms batch stuck messages

Bing Lu
 Hi, I'm using sjms batch with activemq, the consumers processes messages on the queue and after a while, there is nothing going to the consumers and no errors in the log while some messages are still stuck on the queue. any ideas what could have caused this?
i have the activemqconnection properties as below
connectionFactory.setCopyMessageOnSend(false);
              connectionFactory.setOptimizeAcknowledge(true);
               connectionFactory.setOptimizedMessageDispatch(true);
               connectionFactory.setDispatchAsync(false);
 and sjms property i think that's relevant to the stuck message set as well
component.setAsyncStartListener(true);
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: sjms batch stuck messages

Bing Lu
 found out the stuck messages were actually duplicate messages since I was using indempotentrepository, my question is how do i reroute these messages to another queue if possible? thanks
    On Friday, July 17, 2020, 02:26:40 PM EDT, Bing Lu <[hidden email]> wrote:  
 
  Hi, I'm using sjms batch with activemq, the consumers processes messages on the queue and after a while, there is nothing going to the consumers and no errors in the log while some messages are still stuck on the queue. any ideas what could have caused this?
i have the activemqconnection properties as below
connectionFactory.setCopyMessageOnSend(false);
              connectionFactory.setOptimizeAcknowledge(true);
               connectionFactory.setOptimizedMessageDispatch(true);
               connectionFactory.setDispatchAsync(false);
 and sjms property i think that's relevant to the stuck message set as well
component.setAsyncStartListener(true);  
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: DefaultTracer traceBeforeRoute not calling dumpTrace

Claus Ibsen-2
In reply to this post by Claus Ibsen-2
Hi

Created a JIRA to not forget
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-15311

On Fri, Jul 17, 2020 at 10:40 AM Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:

>
> Hi
>
> Yeah that is a little bug. You are welcome to create a JIRA and
> provide a fix as a github PR
> https://camel.apache.org/manual/latest/contributing.html
>
> On Fri, Jul 10, 2020 at 6:03 PM Alex Soto <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > In Camel 3.4.0 I am trying to customize the Tracing to use DEBUG level instead of INFO.
> > For this, I created my own class extending org.apache.camel.impl.engine.DefaultTracer  and overriding method dumpTrace.
> > But dumpTrace is not being called in all cases, in particular, method traceBeforeRoute  is not calling it, instead logging directly with INFO level.
> >
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Alex soto
> >
> >
> >
> >
>
>
> --
> Claus Ibsen
> -----------------
> http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus
> Camel in Action 2: https://www.manning.com/ibsen2



--
Claus Ibsen
-----------------
http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus
Camel in Action 2: https://www.manning.com/ibsen2
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: DefaultTracer traceBeforeRoute not calling dumpTrace

Alex Soto
Thanks Claus, will create a PR

Best regards,
Alex soto




> On Jul 19, 2020, at 3:53 AM, Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi
>
> Created a JIRA to not forget
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-15311
>
> On Fri, Jul 17, 2020 at 10:40 AM Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi
>>
>> Yeah that is a little bug. You are welcome to create a JIRA and
>> provide a fix as a github PR
>> https://camel.apache.org/manual/latest/contributing.html
>>
>> On Fri, Jul 10, 2020 at 6:03 PM Alex Soto <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> In Camel 3.4.0 I am trying to customize the Tracing to use DEBUG level instead of INFO.
>>> For this, I created my own class extending org.apache.camel.impl.engine.DefaultTracer  and overriding method dumpTrace.
>>> But dumpTrace is not being called in all cases, in particular, method traceBeforeRoute  is not calling it, instead logging directly with INFO level.
>>>
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>> Alex soto
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> Claus Ibsen
>> -----------------
>> http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus
>> Camel in Action 2: https://www.manning.com/ibsen2
>
>
>
> --
> Claus Ibsen
> -----------------
> http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus
> Camel in Action 2: https://www.manning.com/ibsen2

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: DefaultTracer traceBeforeRoute not calling dumpTrace

Alex Soto
PR here:  https://github.com/apache/camel/pull/4027 <https://github.com/apache/camel/pull/4027>


Best regards,
Alex soto




> On Jul 21, 2020, at 9:57 AM, Alex Soto <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Thanks Claus, will create a PR
>
> Best regards,
> Alex soto
>
>
>
>
>> On Jul 19, 2020, at 3:53 AM, Claus Ibsen <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>
>> Hi
>>
>> Created a JIRA to not forget
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-15311 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-15311>
>>
>> On Fri, Jul 17, 2020 at 10:40 AM Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> Yeah that is a little bug. You are welcome to create a JIRA and
>>> provide a fix as a github PR
>>> https://camel.apache.org/manual/latest/contributing.html
>>>
>>> On Fri, Jul 10, 2020 at 6:03 PM Alex Soto <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>>
>>>> In Camel 3.4.0 I am trying to customize the Tracing to use DEBUG level instead of INFO.
>>>> For this, I created my own class extending org.apache.camel.impl.engine.DefaultTracer  and overriding method dumpTrace.
>>>> But dumpTrace is not being called in all cases, in particular, method traceBeforeRoute  is not calling it, instead logging directly with INFO level.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Best regards,
>>>> Alex soto
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> --
>>> Claus Ibsen
>>> -----------------
>>> http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus
>>> Camel in Action 2: https://www.manning.com/ibsen2
>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> Claus Ibsen
>> -----------------
>> http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus
>> Camel in Action 2: https://www.manning.com/ibsen2
>