Designing EIP case study

Erik Allais
hi,
i need information how to design EIP?

There is an IDE to do that or an eclipse plugins

Erik

Re: Designing EIP case study

jstrachan
On 8/9/07, Erik Allais <[hidden email]> wrote:

> hi,
> i need information how to design EIP?
>
> There is an IDE to that or an eclipse plugins

There's not yet an eclipse plugin - but we're working on it.

Until a nice graphical IDE is available, you could use your Java IDE
for smart completion when creating Java routing rules...
http://activemq.apache.org/camel/routes.html

or you can use your XML IDE (with XSD smart completion) to edit the
routing rules in XML
http://activemq.apache.org/camel/spring.html

http://macstrac.blogspot.com/

Re: Designing EIP case study

Erik Allais
In fact, i need an IDE to model the workflow (graphically)
Its the best to way to show you my analysis

Regards,
Erik

James.Strachan wrote
On 8/9/07, Erik Allais <erik.allais@altervisions.com> wrote:

> hi,
> i need information how to design EIP?
>
> There is an IDE to that or an eclipse plugins

There's not yet an eclipse plugin - but we're working on it.

Until a nice graphical IDE is available, you could use your Java IDE
for smart completion when creating Java routing rules...
http://activemq.apache.org/camel/routes.html

or you can use your XML IDE (with XSD smart completion) to edit the
routing rules in XML
http://activemq.apache.org/camel/spring.html

http://macstrac.blogspot.com/

Re: Designing EIP case study

James Zhang
James.Strachan wrote
On 8/9/07, Erik Allais <erik.allais@altervisions.com> wrote:

> hi,
> i need information how to design EIP?
>
> There is an IDE to that or an eclipse plugins

There's not yet an eclipse plugin - but we're working on it.

Until a nice graphical IDE is available, you could use your Java IDE
for smart completion when creating Java routing rules...
http://activemq.apache.org/camel/routes.html

or you can use your XML IDE (with XSD smart completion) to edit the
routing rules in XML
http://activemq.apache.org/camel/spring.html

http://macstrac.blogspot.com/
Oh.
These days I frequently dream that maybe I can contribute an eclipse plugin for camel aftertime....

Re: Designing EIP case study

jstrachan
On 8/9/07, James Zhang <[hidden email]> wrote:

> James.Strachan wrote:
> >
> > On 8/9/07, Erik Allais <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >>
> >> hi,
> >> i need information how to design EIP?
> >>
> >> There is an IDE to that or an eclipse plugins
> >
> > There's not yet an eclipse plugin - but we're working on it.
> >
> > Until a nice graphical IDE is available, you could use your Java IDE
> > for smart completion when creating Java routing rules...
> > http://activemq.apache.org/camel/routes.html
> >
> > or you can use your XML IDE (with XSD smart completion) to edit the
> > routing rules in XML
> > http://activemq.apache.org/camel/spring.html
> >
> > --
> > James
> > -------
> > http://macstrac.blogspot.com/
> >

> Oh.
> These days I frequently think that maybe I can contribute an eclipse plugin
> for camel aftertime....

Oooh! Go James! :) I'll buy you lots of beers!

Am thinking, given that we have a set of JAXB2 POJOS (camel.model
package) along with an XSD, it should be pretty easy for someone how
knows EMF/GMF to hack up an eclipse plugin fairly quickly.

I was wondering about the cimero project (version 2 is moving to the
Eclipse SOA Tooling Project) which could be a good base for a Camel
EIP editor.

Finally, in the sandbox there's a little experiment I had at a real
text based DSL for eclipse; which generates an EMF model; so if that
were revived, who knows, some Eclipse GMF jedi might be able to figure
out how to turn it into an visual, as well as textual, editor.
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/activemq/camel/ide/camel-eclipse/

http://macstrac.blogspot.com/

Re: Designing EIP case study

James Zhang

James.Strachan wrote
On 8/9/07, James Zhang <jmszhang@gmail.com> wrote:

> James.Strachan wrote:
> >
> > On 8/9/07, Erik Allais <erik.allais@altervisions.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> hi,
> >> i need information how to design EIP?
> >>
> >> There is an IDE to that or an eclipse plugins
> >
> > There's not yet an eclipse plugin - but we're working on it.
> >
> > Until a nice graphical IDE is available, you could use your Java IDE
> > for smart completion when creating Java routing rules...
> > http://activemq.apache.org/camel/routes.html
> >
> > or you can use your XML IDE (with XSD smart completion) to edit the
> > routing rules in XML
> > http://activemq.apache.org/camel/spring.html
> >
> > --
> > James
> > -------
> > http://macstrac.blogspot.com/
> >

> Oh.
> These days I frequently think that maybe I can contribute an eclipse plugin
> for camel aftertime....

Oooh! Go James! :) I'll buy you lots of beers!

Am thinking, given that we have a set of JAXB2 POJOS (camel.model
package) along with an XSD, it should be pretty easy for someone how
knows EMF/GMF to hack up an eclipse plugin fairly quickly.

I was wondering about the cimero project (version 2 is moving to the
Eclipse SOA Tooling Project) which could be a good base for a Camel
EIP editor.

Finally, in the sandbox there's a little experiment I had at a real
text based DSL for eclipse; which generates an EMF model; so if that
were revived, who knows, some Eclipse GMF jedi might be able to figure
out how to turn it into an visual, as well as textual, editor.
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/activemq/camel/ide/camel-eclipse/

http://macstrac.blogspot.com/
OK.I see.

James Zhang