Does Camel-sftp (or JSCH) supports Dual Authentication?

Does Camel-sftp (or JSCH) supports Dual Authentication?

Goyal, Arpit
Hi,

I was wondering if the Apache Camel SFTP component support Dual Authentication? Or maybe it is a question of whether JSCH supports the same or not.

Any one tried this - because from documentation it looks like the first available option will be picked based on 'preferredAuthentications'?

Regards,
Arpit.

[1] - https://systemoverlord.com/2018/03/03/openssh-two-factor-authentication-but-not-service-accounts.html
[2] - https://github.com/apache/camel/blob/master/components/camel-ftp/src/main/docs/sftp-component.adoc (Apache Camel > preferredAuthentications) --> https://access.redhat.com/solutions/639713
[3] - https://stackoverflow.com/questions/16870073/jsch-sftp-login-using-two-factor-authentication/16871157

RE: Does Camel-sftp (or JSCH) supports Dual Authentication?

Goyal, Arpit
Any idea about this experts?

Re: Does Camel-sftp (or JSCH) supports Dual Authentication?

What do you mean precisely with dual, do you mean that an user should
be authenticated with two different styles?

At top of my head I dont think this is supported in the camel-ftp
component. I am not sure if JSCH support any kind of dual
authentication.
On Tue, Sep 11, 2018 at 5:11 PM Goyal, Arpit <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Any idea about this experts?

Hi Claus,

Yes - if you see the link it is somehow expected to possibly support it. Even FileZilla supports this as a client (via Site Manager) - not able to correlate as we are trying to get SFTP server which verifies with both.

I even think that JSCH doesn't support this. Camel-FTP I couldn't find any information.

We have a requirement for customers to provide this capability. Let see - rather building custom component, if we can contribute it back.

Thanks for confirming.