Quantcast

Embedded web console

ewhauser
I'm trying to figure out the best way to package the functionality in the camel web console in my apps.  Is the web console designed to be embedded in a Camel application?  Or should the camel-web project be used as a template for a Camel WAR app?

Re: Embedded web console

Claus Ibsen-2
On Tue, Jul 7, 2009 at 4:45 AM, ewhauser<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm trying to figure out the best way to package the functionality in the
> camel web console in my apps.  Is the web console designed to be embedded in
> a Camel application?  Or should the camel-web project be used as a template
> for a Camel WAR app?
Hi

At present time you gotta copy all the camel-web/src/main/web files
into your own web application to be able to use
the web console to browse your own camel application.

It does not have any remote management functionallity - eg it must be
collocated with your web app.

Apache Camel Committer

Twitter: http://twitter.com/davsclaus

Re: Embedded web console

Claus Ibsen-2
On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 2:44 PM, Claus Ibsen<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 7, 2009 at 4:45 AM, ewhauser<[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I'm trying to figure out the best way to package the functionality in the
>> camel web console in my apps.  Is the web console designed to be embedded in
>> a Camel application?  Or should the camel-web project be used as a template
>> for a Camel WAR app?
> Hi
>
> At present time you gotta copy all the camel-web/src/main/web files
> into your own web application to be able to use
> the web console to browse your own camel application.
>
> It does not have any remote management functionallity - eg it must be
> collocated with your web app.

Ah I was told if you use maven then just depend on camel-web in your pom.xml

Then maven does all the hard parts of merging all the src/main/web files.

> Apache Camel Committer

> Blog: http://davsclaus.blogspot.com/
> Twitter: http://twitter.com/davsclaus

Apache Camel Committer

Twitter: http://twitter.com/davsclaus

Re: Embedded web console

jstrachan
2009/7/8 Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]>:

> On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 2:44 PM, Claus Ibsen<[hidden email]> wrote:
>> On Tue, Jul 7, 2009 at 4:45 AM, ewhauser<[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm trying to figure out the best way to package the functionality in the
>>> camel web console in my apps.  Is the web console designed to be embedded in
>>> a Camel application?  Or should the camel-web project be used as a template
>>> for a Camel WAR app?
>> Hi
>>
>> At present time you gotta copy all the camel-web/src/main/web files
>> into your own web application to be able to use
>> the web console to browse your own camel application.
>>
>> It does not have any remote management functionallity - eg it must be
>> collocated with your web app.
>
> Ah I was told if you use maven then just depend on camel-web in your pom.xml
>
> Then maven does all the hard parts of merging all the src/main/web files.

There's an example in the sandbox
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/camel/sandbox/components/camel-activemq-web/

which creates an extension of camel-web, adding new dependencies and
changing the spring configuration.

if you look at the pom
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/camel/sandbox/components/camel-activemq-web/pom.xml

the trick is just depending on the camel-web war in your war's pom.xml.

    <dependency>
      <groupId>org.apache.camel</groupId>
      <artifactId>camel-web</artifactId>
      <version>2.0</version>
      <type>war</type>
      <scope>runtime</scope>
    </dependency>

You can then override any file locally; whether its parts of the
default views or the spring XML or adding new views or your own
servlets and whatnot.

We're using Jersey as a filter; so you should be able to mix camel-web
with any servlet/framework to do other things (see the web.xml for how
we exclude bits of the URI space from Jersey to work with regular
static resources & JSPs etc).

But if you just basically want the camel-web console/REST API with
your own routes/components it should just work out of the box.

http://macstrac.blogspot.com/

Open Source Integration
http://fusesource.com/

Re: Embedded web console

jstrachan
2009/7/8 James Strachan <[hidden email]>:

> 2009/7/8 Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]>:

>>> Hi
>>>
>>> At present time you gotta copy all the camel-web/src/main/web files
>>> into your own web application to be able to use
>>> the web console to browse your own camel application.
>>>
>>> It does not have any remote management functionallity - eg it must be
>>> collocated with your web app.
>>
>> Ah I was told if you use maven then just depend on camel-web in your pom.xml
>>
>> Then maven does all the hard parts of merging all the src/main/web files.
>

> There's an example in the sandbox
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/camel/sandbox/components/camel-activemq-web/
>
> which creates an extension of camel-web, adding new dependencies and
> changing the spring configuration.
>
> if you look at the pom
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/camel/sandbox/components/camel-activemq-web/pom.xml
>
> the trick is just depending on the camel-web war in your war's pom.xml.
>
>    <dependency>
>      <groupId>org.apache.camel</groupId>
>      <artifactId>camel-web</artifactId>
>      <version>2.0</version>
>      <type>war</type>
>      <scope>runtime</scope>
>    </dependency>
>
> You can then override any file locally; whether its parts of the
> default views or the spring XML or adding new views or your own
> servlets and whatnot.
>
> We're using Jersey as a filter; so you should be able to mix camel-web
> with any servlet/framework to do other things (see the web.xml for how
> we exclude bits of the URI space from Jersey to work with regular
> static resources & JSPs etc).
>
> But if you just basically want the camel-web console/REST API with
> your own routes/components it should just work out of the box.

BTW there's the camel-archetype-war which you can use to create a
sample project which reuses the camel-web console & REST API to deploy
your routes.

http://macstrac.blogspot.com/

Open Source Integration
http://fusesource.com/

Re: Embedded web console

coolgold
Following this pattern, when starting jetty I get this exception:

[                   Main Thread] ContextLoader                  INFO  Root WebApplicationContext: initialization complet
ed in 2516 ms
2010-01-25 12:24:11.456::WARN:  failed Jersey Filter
java.lang.IllegalStateException: class com.sun.jersey.spi.spring.container.servlet.SpringServlet is not a javax.servlet.
Filter
        at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.FilterHolder.doStart(FilterHolder.java:88)
        at org.mortbay.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:50)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.initialize(ServletHandler.java:653)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.Context.startContext(Context.java:140)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.startContext(WebAppContext.java:1239)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.doStart(ContextHandler.java:517)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.doStart(WebAppContext.java:466)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.plugin.Jetty6PluginWebAppContext.doStart(Jetty6PluginWebAppContext.java:124)
        at org.mortbay.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:50)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.doStart(HandlerCollection.java:152)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.doStart(ContextHandlerCollection.java:156)
        at org.mortbay.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:50)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.doStart(HandlerCollection.java:152)
        at org.mortbay.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:50)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.doStart(HandlerWrapper.java:130)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.doStart(Server.java:222)
        at org.mortbay.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:50)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.plugin.Jetty6PluginServer.start(Jetty6PluginServer.java:132)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.plugin.AbstractJettyMojo.startJetty(AbstractJettyMojo.java:441)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.plugin.AbstractJettyMojo.execute(AbstractJettyMojo.java:383)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.plugin.Jetty6RunWarExploded.execute(Jetty6RunWarExploded.java:170)
        at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPluginManager.java:451)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:558)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeStandaloneGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:512)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:482)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.jav
a:330)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:291)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:142)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:336)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:129)

Any ideas?

James.Strachan wrote
2009/7/8 James Strachan <james.strachan@gmail.com>:
> 2009/7/8 Claus Ibsen <claus.ibsen@gmail.com>:

>>> Hi
>>>
>>> At present time you gotta copy all the camel-web/src/main/web files
>>> into your own web application to be able to use
>>> the web console to browse your own camel application.
>>>
>>> It does not have any remote management functionallity - eg it must be
>>> collocated with your web app.
>>
>> Ah I was told if you use maven then just depend on camel-web in your pom.xml
>>
>> Then maven does all the hard parts of merging all the src/main/web files.
>

> There's an example in the sandbox
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/camel/sandbox/components/camel-activemq-web/
>
> which creates an extension of camel-web, adding new dependencies and
> changing the spring configuration.
>
> if you look at the pom
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/camel/sandbox/components/camel-activemq-web/pom.xml
>
> the trick is just depending on the camel-web war in your war's pom.xml.
>
>    <dependency>
>      <groupId>org.apache.camel</groupId>
>      <artifactId>camel-web</artifactId>
>      <version>2.0</version>
>      <type>war</type>
>      <scope>runtime</scope>
>    </dependency>
>
> You can then override any file locally; whether its parts of the
> default views or the spring XML or adding new views or your own
> servlets and whatnot.
>
> We're using Jersey as a filter; so you should be able to mix camel-web
> with any servlet/framework to do other things (see the web.xml for how
> we exclude bits of the URI space from Jersey to work with regular
> static resources & JSPs etc).
>
> But if you just basically want the camel-web console/REST API with
> your own routes/components it should just work out of the box.

BTW there's the camel-archetype-war which you can use to create a
sample project which reuses the camel-web console & REST API to deploy
your routes.

http://macstrac.blogspot.com/

Open Source Integration
http://fusesource.com/

Re: Embedded web console

Claus Ibsen-2
You may have something misconfigured in your web.xml.

The error talks about Servlet vs. SerlvetFilter which are two different things.

On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 9:38 PM, mistrz <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
>>>      <artifactId>camel-web</artifactId>
>>>      <version>2.0</version>
>>>      <type>war</type>
>>>      <scope>runtime</scope>
>>>    </dependency>
>>>
>>> You can then override any file locally; whether its parts of the
>>> default views or the spring XML or adding new views or your own
>>> servlets and whatnot.
>>>
>>> We're using Jersey as a filter; so you should be able to mix camel-web
>>> with any servlet/framework to do other things (see the web.xml for how
>>> we exclude bits of the URI space from Jersey to work with regular
>>> static resources & JSPs etc).
>>>
>>> But if you just basically want the camel-web console/REST API with
>>> your own routes/components it should just work out of the box.
>>
>> BTW there's the camel-archetype-war which you can use to create a
>> sample project which reuses the camel-web console & REST API to deploy

greenstar

James.Strachan wrote
There's an example in the sandbox
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/camel/sandbox/components/camel-activemq-web/

which creates an extension of camel-web, adding new dependencies and
changing the spring configuration.

if you look at the pom
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/camel/sandbox/components/camel-activemq-web/pom.xml

the trick is just depending on the camel-web war in your war's pom.xml.

    <dependency>
      <groupId>org.apache.camel</groupId>
      <artifactId>camel-web</artifactId>
      <version>2.0</version>
      <type>war</type>
      <scope>runtime</scope>
    </dependency>

You can then override any file locally; whether its parts of the
default views or the spring XML or adding new views or your own
servlets and whatnot.
This example does not currently deploy (with jetty:run) with camel-web 2.2.0.  It results in the stacktrace below:

It appears that org.apache.camel.web.util.CamelResourceConfig is trying to load "classpath:/application-doc.xml", which resolves to a resource that looks like the following:

  jar:file:{...}.m2/repository/org/apache/camel/camel-web/2.2.0/camel-web-2.2.0.war!/WEB-INF/classes/application-doc.xml

Is this a regression, or is there something else wrong?

SEVERE: Exception occurred when intialization
java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not load WadlGeneratorConfiguration, check the configuration of com.sun.jersey.config.property.WadlGeneratorConfig
        at com.sun.jersey.api.wadl.config.WadlGeneratorConfigLoader.loadWadlGeneratorsFromConfig(WadlGeneratorConfigLoader.java:109)
        at com.sun.jersey.server.impl.wadl.WadlFactory.<init>(WadlFactory.java:74)
        at com.sun.jersey.server.impl.application.WebApplicationImpl.initiate(WebApplicationImpl.java:909)
        at com.sun.jersey.spi.spring.container.servlet.SpringServlet.initiate(SpringServlet.java:99)
        at com.sun.jersey.spi.container.servlet.ServletContainer$InternalWebComponent.initiate(ServletContainer.java:252)
        at com.sun.jersey.spi.container.servlet.WebComponent.load(WebComponent.java:550)
        at com.sun.jersey.spi.container.servlet.WebComponent.init(WebComponent.java:201)
        at com.sun.jersey.spi.container.servlet.ServletContainer.init(ServletContainer.java:307)
        at com.sun.jersey.spi.container.servlet.ServletContainer.init(ServletContainer.java:641)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.FilterHolder.doStart(FilterHolder.java:97)
        at org.mortbay.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:50)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.initialize(ServletHandler.java:662)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.Context.startContext(Context.java:140)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.startContext(WebAppContext.java:1250)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.doStart(ContextHandler.java:517)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.doStart(WebAppContext.java:467)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.plugin.Jetty6PluginWebAppContext.doStart(Jetty6PluginWebAppContext.java:115)
        at org.mortbay.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:50)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.doStart(HandlerCollection.java:152)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.doStart(ContextHandlerCollection.java:156)
        at org.mortbay.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:50)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.doStart(HandlerCollection.java:152)
        at org.mortbay.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:50)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.doStart(HandlerWrapper.java:130)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.doStart(Server.java:224)
        at org.mortbay.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:50)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.plugin.Jetty6PluginServer.start(Jetty6PluginServer.java:132)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.plugin.AbstractJettyMojo.startJetty(AbstractJettyMojo.java:441)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.plugin.AbstractJettyMojo.execute(AbstractJettyMojo.java:383)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.plugin.AbstractJettyRunMojo.execute(AbstractJettyRunMojo.java:210)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.plugin.Jetty6RunMojo.execute(Jetty6RunMojo.java:184)
        at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultBuildPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultBuildPluginManager.java:105)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:576)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:323)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:247)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:104)
        at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launchEnhanced(Launcher.java:290)
        at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:230)
        at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(Launcher.java:409)
        at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:352)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not load wadl generators from wadlGeneratorDescriptions.
        at com.sun.jersey.api.wadl.config.WadlGeneratorConfig.getWadlGenerator(WadlGeneratorConfig.java:188)
        at com.sun.jersey.api.wadl.config.WadlGeneratorConfigLoader.loadWadlGeneratorsFromConfig(WadlGeneratorConfigLoader.java:85)
        ... 46 more
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: URI is not hierarchical
        at java.io.File.<init>(File.java:363)
        at com.sun.jersey.api.wadl.config.WadlGeneratorLoader.setProperty(WadlGeneratorLoader.java:187)
        at com.sun.jersey.api.wadl.config.WadlGeneratorLoader.loadWadlGenerator(WadlGeneratorLoader.java:136)
        at com.sun.jersey.api.wadl.config.WadlGeneratorLoader.loadWadlGeneratorDescriptions(WadlGeneratorLoader.java:111)
        at com.sun.jersey.api.wadl.config.WadlGeneratorConfig.getWadlGenerator(WadlGeneratorConfig.java:186)
        ... 47 more

Re: Embedded web console

Willem.Jiang
I recalled Charles add the CamelResourceConfig few month ago,
it looks like regression, please feel free to log a JIRA[1] for it.

[1]http://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/CAMEL

Willem

greenstar wrote:

> [...]
> at
> com.sun.jersey.api.wadl.config.WadlGeneratorConfigLoader.loadWadlGeneratorsFromConfig(WadlGeneratorConfigLoader.java:85)
> ... 46 more
> Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: URI is not hierarchical
> at java.io.File.<init>(File.java:363)
> at
> com.sun.jersey.api.wadl.config.WadlGeneratorLoader.setProperty(WadlGeneratorLoader.java:187)
> at
> com.sun.jersey.api.wadl.config.WadlGeneratorLoader.loadWadlGenerator(WadlGeneratorLoader.java:136)
> at
> com.sun.jersey.api.wadl.config.WadlGeneratorLoader.loadWadlGeneratorDescriptions(WadlGeneratorLoader.java:111)
> at
> com.sun.jersey.api.wadl.config.WadlGeneratorConfig.getWadlGenerator(WadlGeneratorConfig.java:186)

Re: Embedded web console

boday
hmmm...anyone try to package camel-web within an existing app (lately)?  I tried adding the dependency (below) in my web app and deployed to Tomcat...but, I can't seem to get to the console (tried http://localhost:8080/ and http://localhost:8080/<my app context>, etc).  What is the URL/context to hit?  Any other integration necessary?

         <groupId>org.apache.camel</groupId>
          <artifactId>camel-web</artifactId>
          <version>2.7.1</version>
          <type>war</type>
          <scope>runtime</scope>
        </dependency>

Once I get it figured out, I'll update the camel-web page with some better information on this...thanks

Ben O'Day
IT Consultant -http://consulting-notes.com

Re: Embedded web console

padewitte
Hi all,

Since CAMEL 2.8.0 my custom web.xml is not enrich with Jersey Filter and TemplateEngine Servelet.

I had to add this to my web.xml to get the console working :

<listener>
                <listener-class>org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener</listener-class>
        </listener>

        <filter>
                <filter-name>Jersey Filter</filter-name>
                <filter-class>com.sun.jersey.spi.spring.container.servlet.SpringServlet</filter-class>
                <init-param>
                        <param-name>com.sun.jersey.config.property.resourceConfigClass</param-name>
                        <param-value>org.apache.camel.web.util.CamelResourceConfig</param-value>
                </init-param>
                <init-param>
                        <param-name>com.sun.jersey.config.feature.FilterForwardOn404</param-name>
                        <param-value>true</param-value>
                </init-param>

                <init-param>
                        <param-name>com.sun.jersey.config.property.WebPageContentRegex</param-name>
                        <param-value>/(images|css|js)/.*</param-value>
                </init-param>
                <init-param>
                        <param-name>com.sun.jersey.config.feature.ImplicitViewables</param-name>
                        <param-value>true</param-value>
                </init-param>
                <init-param>
                        <param-name>com.sun.jersey.config.feature.Trace</param-name>
                        <param-value>true</param-value>
                </init-param>
                <init-param>
                        <param-name>com.sun.jersey.config.feature.Redirect</param-name>
                        <param-value>true</param-value>
                </init-param>
                <init-param>
                        <param-name>com.sun.jersey.config.property.packages</param-name>
                        <param-value>org.apache.camel.web:</param-value>
                </init-param>
                <init-param>
                        <param-name>com.sun.jersey.config.property.WadlResourceUri</param-name>
                        <param-value>/api</param-value>
                </init-param>
        </filter>

        <filter-mapping>
                <filter-name>Jersey Filter</filter-name>
                <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
        </filter-mapping>

        <servlet>
                <servlet-name>TemplateEngineServlet</servlet-name>
                <servlet-class>org.fusesource.scalate.servlet.TemplateEngineServlet</servlet-class>
                <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
        </servlet>

        <servlet-mapping>
                <servlet-name>TemplateEngineServlet</servlet-name>
                <url-pattern>*.mustache</url-pattern>
        </servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-mapping>
                <servlet-name>TemplateEngineServlet</servlet-name>
                <url-pattern>*.scaml</url-pattern>
        </servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-mapping>
                <servlet-name>TemplateEngineServlet</servlet-name>
                <url-pattern>*.ssp</url-pattern>
        </servlet-mapping>

        <error-page>
                <error-code>500</error-code>
                <location>/WEB-INF/scalate/errors/500.scaml</location>
        </error-page>

Re: Embedded web console

wilsonsjc
Hi All,

I too embeded camel web console in my app it's working.
To view the routes here is the url http://localhost:8081/services/routes

But when I click the "stop" button to stop one of the route, the URL redirect  to http://localhost:8081/routes  (with out my app context "services")
But It stop the route.

Any one come across this issue any suggestion.

Here is my web.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<web-app version="2.5" xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee"
        http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee/web-app_2_5.xsd">
        <display-name>Onesource Services</display-name>
        <filter>
                <filter-name>hibernateFilter</filter-name>
                <filter-class>org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.support.OpenSessionInViewFilter</filter-class>
                <init-param>
                        <param-name>singleSession</param-name>
                        <param-value>true</param-value>
                </init-param>
        </filter>
        <filter-mapping>
                <filter-name>hibernateFilter</filter-name>
                <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
        </filter-mapping>
        <context-param>
                <param-value>WEB-INF/applicationContext.xml</param-value>
        </context-param>
        <listener>
                <listener-class>org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener</listener-class>
        </listener>
  <listener>
    <listener-class>org.springframework.web.context.request.RequestContextListener</listener-class>
  </listener>
        <servlet>
                <servlet-name>CXFServlet</servlet-name>
                <servlet-class>org.apache.cxf.transport.servlet.CXFServlet</servlet-class>
                <init-param>
                        <param-name>service-list-path</param-name>
                        <param-value>/wadl</param-value>
                </init-param>
                <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
        </servlet>
        <servlet-mapping>
                <servlet-name>CXFServlet</servlet-name>
                <url-pattern>/guest/*</url-pattern>
                <url-pattern>/cast/*</url-pattern>
                <url-pattern>/admin/*</url-pattern>
        </servlet-mapping>
        <resource-ref>
                <description>Sleepy Datasource</description>
                <res-ref-name>jdbc/SLEEPY_DB</res-ref-name>
                <res-auth>Container</res-auth>
        </resource-ref>
        <welcome-file-list>
                <welcome-file>index.jsp</welcome-file>
        </welcome-file-list>

[...]

</web-app>

Re: Embedded web console

Claus Ibsen-2
On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 9:06 PM, wilsonsjc <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I too embeded camel web console in my app it's working.
> To view the routes here is the url http://localhost:8081/services/routes
>
> But when I click the "stop" button to stop one of the route, the URL
> redirect  to http://localhost:8081/routes  (with out my app context
> "services")
> But It stop the route.

Is that the only "button" or link in your embedded web console, that
has this problem?
eg it looses the "services" from the path?

And what version of Camel are you using?

And how did you embed the camel web console. I dont see anything in
your web.xml file.

> [...]
>
>  <servlet>
>    <servlet-name>TemplateEngineServlet</servlet-name>
>

> <servlet-class>org.fusesource.scalate.servlet.TemplateEngineServlet</servlet-class>
>    <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
>  </servlet>
>
>  <servlet-mapping>
>    <servlet-name>TemplateEngineServlet</servlet-name>
>    <url-pattern>*.mustache</url-pattern>
>  </servlet-mapping>
>  <servlet-mapping>
>    <servlet-name>TemplateEngineServlet</servlet-name>
>    <url-pattern>*.scaml</url-pattern>
>  </servlet-mapping>
>  <servlet-mapping>
>    <servlet-name>TemplateEngineServlet</servlet-name>
>    <url-pattern>*.ssp</url-pattern>
>  </servlet-mapping>
>
>  <error-page>
>    <error-code>500</error-code>
>    <location>/WEB-INF/scalate/errors/500.scaml</location>

FuseSource
Twitter: davsclaus, fusenews

Re: Embedded web console

boday
This post was updated on .
In camel-web\src\main\java\org\apache\camel\web\resources\RouteStatusResource.java, the setStatus() method returns return Response.seeOther(new URI("/routes")).build() after it starts/stops the route...this was to "refresh" the route list display, but perhaps it doesn't play nice with an explicit context, etc.  It does this in several other places as well...

wilsonsjc wrote

Ben O'Day
IT Consultant -http://consulting-notes.com

Re: Embedded web console

wilsonsjc
Thanks for your reply,

I downloaded camel-web-2.8.0-sources.jar and modified java files under org.apache.camel.web.resources package from new URI("/routes") to new URI("/services/routes") then recompiled to jar.

It's working. I can see the changes after I click the start and stop. Now it's redirect to "/services/routes"

Re: Embedded web console

boday
hmmm...I'd think those paths would be relative to the web app context...not sure why you'd need to add the context in explicity...

wilsonsjc wrote

Ben O'Day

On Thu, Sep 1, 2011 at 5:57 PM, boday <[hidden email]> wrote:
> hmmm...I'd think those paths would be relative to the web app context...not
> sure why you'd need to add the context in explicity...

Yeah the urls ought to be relative when they are rendered.

I guess we ought to create a JIRA about this so we wont forget. As ppl
may embed camel-web under their context path of choice.

And while we are at it, we ought to see if we can trim it down. I
think we got some java script libraries in there which is not needed
anymore. Eg we should keep the camel-web smaller in size.

> wilsonsjc wrote:
>>
>> Thanks for your reply,
>>
>> I downloaded camel-web-2.8.0-sources.jar and modified java files under
>> org.apache.camel.web.resources package from new URI("/routes") to new
>> URI("/services/routes") then recompiled to jar.
>>
>> It's working. I can see the changes after I click the start and stop. Now
>> it's redirect to "/services/routes"
>>

> -----
> Ben O'Day
> IT Consultant -http://consulting-notes.com

FuseSource
Twitter: davsclaus, fusenews

Re: Embedded web console

Jim Talbut-2
Claus,

I /think/ I fixed some relative URL issues in my patch for CAMEL-3519 (I
tested it embedded and in OSGi).

Jim

On 08/09/2011 15:34, Claus Ibsen wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 1, 2011 at 5:57 PM, boday<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>> hmmm...I'd think those paths would be relative to the web app context...not
>> sure why you'd need to add the context in explicity...
>>
> Yeah the urls ought to be relative when they are rendered.
>
> I guess we ought to create a JIRA about this so we wont forget. As ppl
> may embed camel-web under their context path of choice.
>
> And while we are at it, we ought to see if we can trim it down. I
> think we got some java script libraries in there which is not needed
> anymore. Eg we should keep the camel-web smaller in size.
>
>> wilsonsjc wrote:
>>> Thanks for your reply,
>>>
>>> I downloaded camel-web-2.8.0-sources.jar and modified java files under
>>> org.apache.camel.web.resources package from new URI("/routes") to new
>>> URI("/services/routes") then recompiled to jar.
>>>
>>> It's working. I can see the changes after I click the start and stop. Now
>>> it's redirect to "/services/routes"
>>>

>> -----
>> Ben O'Day
>> IT Consultant -http://consulting-notes.com

Re: Embedded web console

mgiammarco
I have tried camel-archetype-web and camel-archetype-webconsole (it seems newer) but I am not able to see the console.

In my project too I cannot see console...

Re: Embedded web console

mgiammarco
Same thing for me! And I tried also to deploy projects created with maven archetype webconsole without luck.