Error encrypting value using camel-jasypt-2.18.1.jar

Error encrypting value using camel-jasypt-2.18.1.jar

blackard
Howdy,

I tried searching and didn't see anything on this.  I tried encrypting a value using the camel-jasypt-2.18.2.jar (Camel 2.18.2) following http://camel.apache.org/jasypt.html.  I also found this same behavior with the 2.18.1 release.  The issue _does not_ affect the 2.17.5 release.

C:\Programs\apache-camel-2.18.2\lib>java -jar camel-jasypt-2.18.2.jar -c encrypt -i "the string to encrypt" -p password
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/jasypt/encryption/pbe/StandardPBEStringEncryptor
        at org.apache.camel.component.jasypt.Main.<init>(Main.java:31)
        at org.apache.camel.component.jasypt.Main.main(Main.java:216)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.jasypt.encryption.pbe.StandardPBEStringEncryptor
        at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:331)
        ... 2 more

This clearly differs from behavior with earlier versions, or with the expected behavior according to the documentation:

Tooling dependencies for Camel 2.7 or better
-------
Jasypt 1.7 onwards is now fully standalone so no additional JARs is needed.

Re: Error encrypting value using camel-jasypt-2.18.1.jar

Ah that is a little shame. We would maybe need to update the docs to
tell about which other JARs you need to add. You are welcome to find
out and provide a github PR to update the docs at
https://github.com/apache/camel/blob/master/components/camel-jasypt/src/main/docs/jasypt.adoc

And a JIRA is also welcome
http://camel.apache.org/contributing

On Thu, Feb 16, 2017 at 10:53 PM, blackard <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Howdy,
>
> I tried searching and didn't see anything on this.  I tried encrypting a
> value using the camel-jasypt-2.18.2.jar (Camel 2.18.2) following
> http://camel.apache.org/jasypt.html.  I also found this same behavior with
> the 2.18.1 release.  The issue _does not_ affect the 2.17.5 release.
>
> C:\Programs\apache-camel-2.18.2\lib>java -jar camel-jasypt-2.18.2.jar -c
> encrypt -i "the string to encrypt" -p password
> org/jasypt/encryption/pbe/StandardPBEStringEncryptor
>         at org.apache.camel.component.jasypt.Main.<init>(Main.java:31)
>         at org.apache.camel.component.jasypt.Main.main(Main.java:216)
> org.jasypt.encryption.pbe.StandardPBEStringEncryptor
>         at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:381)
>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:424)
>         at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:331)
>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357)
>         ... 2 more
>
> This clearly differs from behavior with earlier versions, or with the
> expected behavior according to the documentation:
>
> Tooling dependencies for Camel 2.7 or better
> -------
> Jasypt 1.7 onwards is now fully standalone so no additional JARs is needed.

Re: Error encrypting value using camel-jasypt-2.18.1.jar

Claus Ibsen-2
I logged a ticket