GSoC project proposal

Kirill Yankov
Hey everyone!

I have made a first version of my proposal for GSoC project with Camel.
Please take a look and give your comments.
https://github.com/manonthegithub/GSoC-2020/blob/master/camel/Proposal.md <https://github.com/manonthegithub/GSoC-2020/blob/master/camel/Proposal.md>

Looking forward for your feedback! Thanks!

Kind regards,
Kirill Yankov.

Re: GSoC project proposal

Andrea Cosentino-3
Probably you'll have to add also a section related to camel-spring-boot.

Once the components will be merged, you'll have to create also some
spring-boot-starter for them here[1]

Looks good to me globally

[1] https://github.com/apache/camel-spring-boot

Il giorno lun 2 mar 2020 alle ore 14:24 Kirill Yankov <
[hidden email]> ha scritto:

> Hey everyone!
>
> I have made a first version of my proposal for GSoC project with Camel.
> Please take a look and give your comments.
> https://github.com/manonthegithub/GSoC-2020/blob/master/camel/Proposal.md
> <https://github.com/manonthegithub/GSoC-2020/blob/master/camel/Proposal.md
> >

> Looking forward for your feedback! Thanks!
>
> Kind regards,
> Kirill Yankov.

Re: GSoC project proposal

Kirill Yankov
Thanks Andrea,

I have added a point about the starters.

Kind regards,
Kirill Yankov.

> On 2 Mar 2020, at 22:30, Andrea Cosentino <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Probably you'll have to add also a section related to camel-spring-boot.
>
> Once the components will be merged, you'll have to create also some
> spring-boot-starter for them here[1]
>
> Looks good to me globally
>
> [1] https://github.com/apache/camel-spring-boot
>
> Il giorno lun 2 mar 2020 alle ore 14:24 Kirill Yankov <
> [hidden email]> ha scritto:
>
>> Hey everyone!
>>
>> I have made a first version of my proposal for GSoC project with Camel.
>> Please take a look and give your comments.
>> https://github.com/manonthegithub/GSoC-2020/blob/master/camel/Proposal.md
>> <https://github.com/manonthegithub/GSoC-2020/blob/master/camel/Proposal.md
>>>

>> Looking forward for your feedback! Thanks!
>>
>> Kind regards,
>> Kirill Yankov.

Re: GSoC project proposal

Kirill Yankov
Dear mentors,

Can you please give e some guidelines:
- After I’ve made a proposal who should finally confirm it? (link to the proposal: https://github.com/manonthegithub/GSoC-2020/blob/master/camel/Proposal.md)
- Do you expect something else from a student to be successfully accepted?

Thank you!

Kind regards,
Kirill Yankov.

> On 2 Mar 2020, at 22:30, Andrea Cosentino <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Probably you'll have to add also a section related to camel-spring-boot.
>
> Once the components will be merged, you'll have to create also some
> spring-boot-starter for them here[1]
>
> Looks good to me globally
>
> [1] https://github.com/apache/camel-spring-boot
>
> Il giorno lun 2 mar 2020 alle ore 14:24 Kirill Yankov <
> [hidden email]> ha scritto:
>
>> Hey everyone!
>>
>> I have made a first version of my proposal for GSoC project with Camel.
>> Please take a look and give your comments.
>> https://github.com/manonthegithub/GSoC-2020/blob/master/camel/Proposal.md
>> <https://github.com/manonthegithub/GSoC-2020/blob/master/camel/Proposal.md
>>>

>> Looking forward for your feedback! Thanks!
>>
>> Kind regards,
>> Kirill Yankov.

Re: GSoC project proposal

Andrea Cosentino-3
The proposal must be submitted on the gsoc site by the student.

We don't expect more from a student, in my opinion the proposal is already
complete.

Il giorno mer 4 mar 2020 alle ore 12:16 Kirill Yankov <
[hidden email]> ha scritto:

> Dear mentors,
>
> Can you please give e some guidelines:
> - After I’ve made a proposal who should finally confirm it? (link to the
> proposal:
> https://github.com/manonthegithub/GSoC-2020/blob/master/camel/Proposal.md)
> - Do you expect something else from a student to be successfully accepted?
>
> Thank you!
>
> Kind regards,
> Kirill Yankov.
>

> > On 2 Mar 2020, at 22:30, Andrea Cosentino <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Probably you'll have to add also a section related to camel-spring-boot.
> >
> > Once the components will be merged, you'll have to create also some
> > spring-boot-starter for them here[1]
> >
> > Looks good to me globally
> >
> > [1] https://github.com/apache/camel-spring-boot
> >
> > Il giorno lun 2 mar 2020 alle ore 14:24 Kirill Yankov <
> > [hidden email]> ha scritto:
> >
> >> Hey everyone!
> >>
> >> I have made a first version of my proposal for GSoC project with Camel.
> >> Please take a look and give your comments.
> >>
> https://github.com/manonthegithub/GSoC-2020/blob/master/camel/Proposal.md
> >> <
> https://github.com/manonthegithub/GSoC-2020/blob/master/camel/Proposal.md
> >>>

> >> Looking forward for your feedback! Thanks!
> >>
> >> Kind regards,
> >> Kirill Yankov.

Re: GSoC project proposal

Zoran Regvart-2
Hi Kirill,
your proposal looks good, make sure that you do submit it at the GSoC.

To get started and to better acquaint ourselves, we encourage (small)
contributions to Camel, but it's not a strict requirement. We have
some easy and help wanted tasks linked from the contributing page
here:

https://camel.apache.org/manual/latest/contributing.html

zoran

--