Going from ‘camel-rabbitmq’ to custom messaging class

Going from ‘camel-rabbitmq’ to custom messaging class

Ron Cecchini

Hi, all.

I’ve been successfully using the ‘camel-rabbitmq’ component and love it.

However, I’ve unfortunately been tasked to replace it with an in-house custom class we’ve used on a number of projects to write/read to/from our RabbitMQ bus.

To do this, do I need to create a new custom Connection Factory, and should I be looking at the ‘amqp’ component or ‘jms’ component - or, since it really is a custom thing, refer to it using ‘bean’ in my endpoints?

Thank you.

Re: Going from ‘camel-rabbitmq’ to custom messaging class

Oh you can maybe write a custom camel component with that custom bean
thing of yours.
The sender sider is usually a bit easier than the receiver side, not
sure how your custom bean does that, but maybe it has some listener or
something.

If you write a custom camel component, you can use it in your routes
with from / to etc and replace the existing rabbitmq component.
A bean component can only do it in the to and not in from.

So a custom camel component is possible your better option.