[HEADS UP] Camel K is here!

Nicola Ferraro
Hi folks,
after some months of brainstorming with the community and a bit more than
one month of development, our Camel K project has reached a good level of
stability and I've published the first blog post about it yesterday.

For those of you who haven't heard of Camel K, it's now a subproject of
Apache Camel (https://github.com/apache/camel-k) with the target of
building a lightweight runtime for running integration code directly on
cloud platforms like Kubernetes and Openshift. It was inspired by
"serverless" principles and it will also target Knative shortly.

With the exception of the runtime code, that remains the good old Camel
Java framework with 200+ components and full of EIPs, most of the
"operator" code in Camel K is written in Go. But the new language has not
stopped many adventurer Camel developers that have actively contributed to
the project during last month. We still have a long way in front of us,
let's continue to make Camel great!

So, please.. check the project out! Spread it to the world!
And provide your feedback, so we can make it always better. We love any
kind of contribution!

Links follow..

Announcement: https://twitter.com/ni_ferraro/status/1051872786946363392
Article: https://www.nicolaferraro.me/2018/10/15/introducing-camel-k/
Home: https://github.com/apache/camel-k

Nicola

Re: [HEADS UP] Camel K is here!

Ashwin Karpe
I love it. Great to see Camel truly delivering on its "integrate
everything" mission.

- Ashwin...
Ashwin Karpe
Apache Camel Committer &
Enterprise Integration Practice Lead, North America
Red Hat
http://www.redhat.com

Mobile: (972)-971-1700
Blog: http://opensourceknowledge.blogspot.com

On Wed, Oct 17, 2018 at 3:50 AM Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Yay this is really great and its awesome to see Apache Camel becoming
> even more awesome on containers.
> And when we get the ball rolling even more on Camel 3 then combined
> its gonna be fantastic for Camel and its community.
>
> And even James Strachan must be proud, with Camel K on Kubernetes and
> that its supports Groovy DSL so nicely.
> That are the two best of his creations working together in synergy.
>

> On Wed, Oct 17, 2018 at 12:24 AM Nicola Ferraro <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hi folks,
> > after some months of brainstorming with the community and a bit more than
> > one month of development, our Camel K project has reached a good level of
> > stability and I've published the first blog post about it yesterday.
> >
> > For those of you who haven't heard of Camel K, it's now a subproject of
> > Apache Camel (https://github.com/apache/camel-k) with the target of
> > building a lightweight runtime for running integration code directly on
> > cloud platforms like Kubernetes and Openshift. It was inspired by
> > "serverless" principles and it will also target Knative shortly.
> >
> > With the exception of the runtime code, that remains the good old Camel
> > Java framework with 200+ components and full of EIPs, most of the
> > "operator" code in Camel K is written in Go. But the new language has not
> > stopped many adventurer Camel developers that have actively contributed
> > the project during last month. We still have a long way in front of us,
> > let's continue to make Camel great!
> >
> > So, please.. check the project out! Spread it to the world!
> > And provide your feedback, so we can make it always better. We love any
> > kind of contribution!
> >
> > Links follow..
> >
> > Announcement: https://twitter.com/ni_ferraro/status/1051872786946363392
> > Article: https://www.nicolaferraro.me/2018/10/15/introducing-camel-k/
> > Home: https://github.com/apache/camel-k
> >
> > Nicola

Ashwin Karpe
Apache Camel Committer & Sr Principal Consultant
Red Hat
http://www.redhat.com

Blog:http://opensourceknowledge.blogspot.com

Re: [HEADS UP] Camel K is here!

Babak Vahdat
Awesome and very well done, kudos!

Babak

> On 17 Oct 2018, at 00:24, Nicola Ferraro <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi folks,
> after some months of brainstorming with the community and a bit more than
> one month of development, our Camel K project has reached a good level of
> stability and I've published the first blog post about it yesterday.
>
> For those of you who haven't heard of Camel K, it's now a subproject of
> Apache Camel (https://github.com/apache/camel-k) with the target of
> building a lightweight runtime for running integration code directly on
> cloud platforms like Kubernetes and Openshift. It was inspired by
> "serverless" principles and it will also target Knative shortly.
>
> With the exception of the runtime code, that remains the good old Camel
> Java framework with 200+ components and full of EIPs, most of the
> "operator" code in Camel K is written in Go. But the new language has not
> stopped many adventurer Camel developers that have actively contributed to
> the project during last month. We still have a long way in front of us,
> let's continue to make Camel great!
>
> So, please.. check the project out! Spread it to the world!
> And provide your feedback, so we can make it always better. We love any
> kind of contribution!
>
> Links follow..
>
> Announcement: https://twitter.com/ni_ferraro/status/1051872786946363392
> Article: https://www.nicolaferraro.me/2018/10/15/introducing-camel-k/
> Home: https://github.com/apache/camel-k
>
> Nicola

Re: [HEADS UP] Camel K is here!

Yeah,  it's great to see we can use Camel more easily with K8S.
It's awesome that camel-k can be a part of Camel 3 :)

Regards,

Willem Jiang

Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: 姜宁willem

On Wed, Oct 17, 2018 at 6:24 AM Nicola Ferraro <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi folks,
> after some months of brainstorming with the community and a bit more than
> one month of development, our Camel K project has reached a good level of
> stability and I've published the first blog post about it yesterday.
>
> For those of you who haven't heard of Camel K, it's now a subproject of
> Apache Camel (https://github.com/apache/camel-k) with the target of
> building a lightweight runtime for running integration code directly on
> cloud platforms like Kubernetes and Openshift. It was inspired by
> "serverless" principles and it will also target Knative shortly.
>
> With the exception of the runtime code, that remains the good old Camel
> Java framework with 200+ components and full of EIPs, most of the
> "operator" code in Camel K is written in Go. But the new language has not
> stopped many adventurer Camel developers that have actively contributed to
> the project during last month. We still have a long way in front of us,
> let's continue to make Camel great!
>
> So, please.. check the project out! Spread it to the world!
> And provide your feedback, so we can make it always better. We love any
> kind of contribution!
>
> Links follow..
>
> Announcement: https://twitter.com/ni_ferraro/status/1051872786946363392
> Article: https://www.nicolaferraro.me/2018/10/15/introducing-camel-k/
> Home: https://github.com/apache/camel-k
>
> Nicola

Re: [HEADS UP] Camel K is here!

Alex Dettinger
Whaoo, I've had a look at introducing-camel-k
<https://www.nicolaferraro.me/2018/10/15/introducing-camel-k/> from Nicolas
and that's awesome.
Well done guys !