Quantcast

How to Deploy new Camel Context with Hawtio

How to Deploy new Camel Context with Hawtio

Klaus777
Hi Gents,

I understand this is not a Hawtio forum. Please indulge. Is there a way to
use Hawtio to deploy new camel contexts into Camel? When I deploy Hawtio, I
see that there is a default camel context running with two routes. How do I
add another route? Or how do I deploy a completely different camel context?
I also saw that I could edit and create new Camel context using the Wiki.
But I am not able to find a way to deploy these context.

Please help!

Thanks.
Max.

Re: How to Deploy new Camel Context with Hawtio

jstrachan
To be able to add/update/remove camel contexts based on changes to the
hawtio wiki, you either need to run a Fuse Fabric (which automatically
adds/updates/removes any bundles running blueprint/spring XML in a
container if its updated in the profile's wiki directory) or run a
spring/blueprint watcher which detects changes in the wiki (the underlying
git repo) and redeploys the spring/blueprint contexts.

e.g. if you're not using a Fuse Fabric and are using spring, deploy this
jar into your container
https://github.com/hawtio/hawtio/tree/master/hawtio-watcher-spring-context

which defaults to watching the spring directory in the wiki for any spring
XML files to deploy/update (including camel spring XML files, ActiveMQ
spring XML files, CXF spring XML files etc)

On 3 November 2013 21:59, Max Bridgewater <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Gents,
>
> I understand this is not a Hawtio forum. Please indulge. Is there a way to
> use Hawtio to deploy new camel contexts into Camel? When I deploy Hawtio, I
> see that there is a default camel context running with two routes. How do I
> add another route? Or how do I deploy a completely different camel context?
> I also saw that I could edit and create new Camel context using the Wiki.
> But I am not able to find a way to deploy these context.
>
> Please help!
>
> Thanks.
> Max.

Red Hat

Twitter: jstrachan, fusenews
Blog: http://macstrac.blogspot.com/

Open Source Integration

Re: How to Deploy new Camel Context with Hawtio

Klaus777
Thanks a lot. Let's say I want to go the spring watcher way. I am quite confuse as to how to use this library: https://github.com/hawtio/hawtio/tree/master/hawtio-watcher-spring-context

I was expecting it to be  a war file that I would drop in my web container. Instead, the POM does not actually have packaging type.

Would you mind please sharing some ideas on how to use this in my web container? Do I have to rebuild hawtio including this as a jar file?

Max.

Re: How to Deploy new Camel Context with Hawtio

jstrachan
Just create your own WAR inheriting from the hawtio-base or hawtio-default
wars:
https://github.com/hawtio/hawtio/blob/master/sample/pom.xml#L17

then add the jar dependency like this (its currently commented out in the
sample project)
https://github.com/hawtio/hawtio/blob/master/sample/pom.xml#L60

Open Source Integration

Re: How to Deploy new Camel Context with Hawtio

Klaus777
Here is what i did. I took the jar file from here: http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/io/hawt/hawtio-watcher-spring-context/1.2-M10/hawtio-watcher-spring-context-1.2-M10.jar

then I added it to the WB-INF/lib folder of the hawtio sample war file. I deployed and created new routes in wiki/camel-spring.xml.

Still nothing is changing in the deployed camel context. I still see only the default two routes.

Then I added a route to wiki/camel.xml. Still i don't see them appearing.

Please let me know what I am missing.

Re: How to Deploy new Camel Context with Hawtio

Klaus777
Also, to make sure it is not a compatibility issue, I took  https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/public/io/hawt/sample/1.2-M27/sample-1.2-M27.war, and inserted the following JAR into its  WEB-INF/lib folder: https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/public/io/hawt/hawtio-watcher-spring-context/1.2-M27/hawtio-watcher-spring-context-1.2-M27.jar

I also created an additional camel context /sping/mypersonal-camelcontext.xml. I declared a camel context in this file with a different id.

Still no change in the deployed context.

Re: How to Deploy new Camel Context with Hawtio

jstrachan
As I said; the easiest thing is to just use Fuse Fabric as we've lots of
documentation and out of the box examples that just work. However if you
want to use the spring watcher directly try this:

Try putting a spring camel XML file inside the spring folder (not /sping)
within the git repo?

e.g. here's a sample git repo for hawtio (which is used by default when you
use hawtio, so there should be this file there already?):
https://github.com/hawtio/hawtio-config

here's the watched spring XMLs
https://github.com/hawtio/hawtio-config/tree/master/spring

So try edit that camel XML there?

If you run hawtio via this command in the hawtio/hawtio-web directory
(assuming you've setup your machine with npm / typescript:
https://github.com/hawtio/hawtio/blob/master/BUILDING.md#installing-local-dependencies
)

  mvn test-compile exec:java

then you will be able to edit this camel XML file via this URL:

http://localhost:8080/hawtio/#/wiki/branch/master/camel/canvas/spring/camel-spring.xml

when you hit save, you'll see in the log the route change (e.g. try edit
the Log statement to make it even more obvious).

Or change this blueprint XML file to watch the entire git repo if you
refer; e.g. change this to "${hawtio.config.dir}" instead of
"${hawtio.config.dir}/spring"
https://github.com/hawtio/hawtio/blob/master/hawtio-watcher-spring-context/src/main/resources/OSGI-INF/blueprint/blueprint.xml#L7-7

more detail on hawtio config here:
http://hawt.io/configuration/index.html