Quantcast

How to get exception which caused the hystrix fallback?

How to get exception which caused the hystrix fallback?

Abhishek.Jha09
Hi,

I'm testing hystrix along with camel routes (in JAVA DSL). So these routes are essentially of the form:

[from(direct:a)
     .hystrix()
         .to("http4:localhost:8080/mock/success")
     .onFallBack()
          .process(ex -> ex.getOut().setBody("Hystrix fallback message"))
     .end()]

In this route, when fallback is triggered, I want to log the root cause which triggered the fallback. Is there a way to do this?

Re: How to get exception which caused the hystrix fallback?

Claus Ibsen-2
Yeah its stored as a property on the exchange
http://camel.apache.org/why-is-the-exception-null-when-i-use-onexception.html