Implementation of Web Data Service

Erik Allais
hi everybody,

I design my case study with an html file, you can click on any component to retrieve information/explication

http://erik.allais.free.fr/Apache_Camel/casestudy_eip/myEIP(1).htm

Please send me some feedback/correction about the design

In the future, i want to implement a Data Service Interface which enable to access to data stored on multiple database (Why not on multiple datasource ?) Something like the data service of MetaMatrix
http://www.metamatrix.com/pages/products/about_data_services.htm

For this example, imagine that the user call the @webmethod READ and give as parameter the logical view of his data. This logical view must retrieve for each contact their job (named fonction). A contact can have several job

This a trivial example based of a view with 2 tables located on the same database and schema (one-to-many join)

Hope you will understand my work.
Sorry for my english,

you can contact me on my email : erik.allais@altervisions.com for futher information
Regards,
Erik

Re: Implementation of Web Data Service

Guillaume Nodet
Administrator
Hi Erik !

It seems to me that there are a few problems:
 * you do not really want to split the messages after translating the
    input.  it sounds like you need to process the first message, then
    the second one, depending on the results from the first message.
    This is about orchestrating services rather than splitting them and
    simply aggregating the results.
 * keep in mind that decomposing the whole flow into lots of small
   steps can lead to a very ineffective process at the end.

I would consider writing some java code (or using bpel if you prefer,
but it's usually slower) to orchetrate and write the flow...

Erik Allais wrote

Regards,
Erik

Re: Implementation of Web Data Service

Erik Allais
You're right,
it seems that splitting isn't the best approach to this design.
I have no idea how to make a orchestration inside camel (found no eip that do that)

I study the filter pattern but i have no idea how many message after the main message there are.
It possible to create our own logic in camel with java code directly or there is a component which can do
something like that?

Concerning th BPEL, i dont want to use it now, because this process will called by BPEL after.
In fact, this eip process will be called by a web service (data service more precisely)
I think to encapsulate the call to this process inside a jsr-181 webmethod.

Regards,
Erik

gnodet wrote

Regards,