Message translator idea

Erik Allais
Hi,

i read that the Message translator pattern is used to translate one data format into another.
I got a xml data format and i want to transform this document into a SQL query.

I develop my own XQuery to transform the xml document.
How i can i use this XQuery inside the Message translator?

Regards,
Erik

Re: Message translator idea

jstrachan
On 8/9/07, Erik Allais <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i read that the Message translator pattern is used to translate one data
> format into another.
> I got a xml data format and i want to transform this document into a SQL
> query.
>
> I develop my own XQuery to transform the xml document.
> How i can i use this XQuery inside the Message translator?

You can use XQuery as a predicate or expression in any of the EIP
patterns you like.
http://activemq.apache.org/camel/xquery.html

So for example, using the Java DSL you could do something like

String xqueryCommand = ...;
from("file:myDirectory").setBody(xquery(xqueryCommand)).to("file:updatedFiles")

(BTW if you want to create the XQuery expression from a separate
file/URL thats fine too)

Let us know how you get on! It'd be good to create an example for
folks showing how to use XQuery with SQL to transform messages!

http://macstrac.blogspot.com/

Re: Message translator idea

Erik Allais
In fact, i must use camel inside ServiceMix and i wonder
if i must use the xquery saxon processor provide by servicemix (and how ?)
or if camel provide its own implementation (and its useless to use the saxon component)

PS: How cna i deploy the camel inside servicemix, seems there is no jbi ?

James.Strachan wrote
On 8/9/07, Erik Allais <erik.allais@altervisions.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i read that the Message translator pattern is used to translate one data
> format into another.
> I got a xml data format and i want to transform this document into a SQL
> query.
>
> I develop my own XQuery to transform the xml document.
> How i can i use this XQuery inside the Message translator?

You can use XQuery as a predicate or expression in any of the EIP
patterns you like.
http://activemq.apache.org/camel/xquery.html

So for example, using the Java DSL you could do something like

String xqueryCommand = ...;
from("file:myDirectory").setBody(xquery(xqueryCommand)).to("file:updatedFiles")

(BTW if you want to create the XQuery expression from a separate
file/URL thats fine too)

Let us know how you get on! It'd be good to create an example for
folks showing how to use XQuery with SQL to transform messages!

http://macstrac.blogspot.com/

Re: Message translator idea

Guillaume Nodet
Administrator
There is a JBI component which has been moved a few hours ago from
camel to ServiceMix.  So of course, this one is not released yet, but
you should be able to build it from the sources of servicemix trunk.

On 8/9/07, Erik Allais <[hidden email]> wrote:

> In fact, i must use camel inside ServiceMix and i wonder
> if i must use the xquery saxon processor provide by servicemix (and how ?)
> or if camel provide its own implementation (and its useless to use the saxon
> component)
>
> PS: How cna i deploy the camel inside servicemix, seems there is no jbi ?
>

> James.Strachan wrote:
> >
> > On 8/9/07, Erik Allais <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> i read that the Message translator pattern is used to translate one data
> >> format into another.
> >> I got a xml data format and i want to transform this document into a SQL
> >> query.
> >>
> >> I develop my own XQuery to transform the xml document.
> >> How i can i use this XQuery inside the Message translator?
> >
> > You can use XQuery as a predicate or expression in any of the EIP
> > patterns you like.
> > http://activemq.apache.org/camel/xquery.html
> >
> > So for example, using the Java DSL you could do something like
> >
> > String xqueryCommand = ...;
> > from("file:myDirectory").setBody(xquery(xqueryCommand)).to("file:updatedFiles")
> >
> > (BTW if you want to create the XQuery expression from a separate
> > file/URL thats fine too)
> >
> > Let us know how you get on! It'd be good to create an example for
> > folks showing how to use XQuery with SQL to transform messages!
> >
> > --
> > James
> > -------
> > http://macstrac.blogspot.com/

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet
------------------------
Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/

Re: Message translator idea

Erik Allais
According to my study case,
Do you think i can use the XQuery from camel or from the saxon component?

Have no idea how to proceed...

REgards,
ERik

gnodet wrote
There is a JBI component which has been moved a few hours ago from
camel to ServiceMix.  So of course, this one is not released yet, but
you should be able to build it from the sources of servicemix trunk.

On 8/9/07, Erik Allais <erik.allais@altervisions.com> wrote:

> In fact, i must use camel inside ServiceMix and i wonder
> if i must use the xquery saxon processor provide by servicemix (and how ?)
> or if camel provide its own implementation (and its useless to use the saxon
> component)
>
> PS: How cna i deploy the camel inside servicemix, seems there is no jbi ?
>

> James.Strachan wrote:
> >
> > On 8/9/07, Erik Allais <erik.allais@altervisions.com> wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> i read that the Message translator pattern is used to translate one data
> >> format into another.
> >> I got a xml data format and i want to transform this document into a SQL
> >> query.
> >>
> >> I develop my own XQuery to transform the xml document.
> >> How i can i use this XQuery inside the Message translator?
> >
> > You can use XQuery as a predicate or expression in any of the EIP
> > patterns you like.
> > http://activemq.apache.org/camel/xquery.html
> >
> > So for example, using the Java DSL you could do something like
> >
> > String xqueryCommand = ...;
> > from("file:myDirectory").setBody(xquery(xqueryCommand)).to("file:updatedFiles")
> >
> > (BTW if you want to create the XQuery expression from a separate
> > file/URL thats fine too)
> >
> > Let us know how you get on! It'd be good to create an example for
> > folks showing how to use XQuery with SQL to transform messages!
> >
> > --
> > James
> > -------
> > http://macstrac.blogspot.com/