MethodNotFoundException upgrading to Camel 3.4.2 (Blueprint and Karaf)

MethodNotFoundException upgrading to Camel 3.4.2 (Blueprint and Karaf)

Alex Soto
Hello,

I have a Camel application using Blueprint XML running on Karaf  4.2.9.  Some routes call methods on beans that are OSGi services.
When I try to upgrade to version 3.4.2  (from 3.4.0) Camel is no longer finding method in bean.

Error at startup reads:

"Failed to create route XXX at…”

Caused by: org.apache.camel.component.bean.MethodNotFoundException: Method with name: XXXX not found on bean: XXXX@XXXX of type: Proxy3d58f1a3_9d5b_4a54_aa71_e8a0574b6da9
        at org.apache.camel.component.bean.DefaultBeanProcessorFactory.createBeanProcessor(DefaultBeanProcessorFactory.java:146) ~[?:?]
        at org.apache.camel.reifier.BeanReifier.createProcessor(BeanReifier.java:47) ~[?:?]
        at org.apache.camel.reifier.ProcessorReifier.makeProcessor(ProcessorReifier.java:766) ~[?:?]
        at org.apache.camel.reifier.ProcessorReifier.addRoutes(ProcessorReifier.java:511) ~[?:?]
        at org.apache.camel.reifier.RouteReifier.doCreateRoute(RouteReifier.java:391) ~[?:?]
        ... 22 more

Any ideas?

Best regards,
Alex soto

Re: MethodNotFoundException upgrading to Camel 3.4.2 (Blueprint and Karaf)

jbonofre
Hi,

It seems to be related to a change on the camel-bean processor.

Let me reproduce it and make a bisect to identify the change.

Thanks !

Regards
JB

> Le 14 août 2020 à 22:32, Alex Soto <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> Hello,
>
> I have a Camel application using Blueprint XML running on Karaf  4.2.9.  Some routes call methods on beans that are OSGi services.
> When I try to upgrade to version 3.4.2  (from 3.4.0) Camel is no longer finding method in bean.
>
> Error at startup reads:
>
> "Failed to create route XXX at…”
>
> Caused by: org.apache.camel.component.bean.MethodNotFoundException: Method with name: XXXX not found on bean: XXXX@XXXX of type: Proxy3d58f1a3_9d5b_4a54_aa71_e8a0574b6da9
> at org.apache.camel.component.bean.DefaultBeanProcessorFactory.createBeanProcessor(DefaultBeanProcessorFactory.java:146) ~[?:?]
> at org.apache.camel.reifier.BeanReifier.createProcessor(BeanReifier.java:47) ~[?:?]
> at org.apache.camel.reifier.ProcessorReifier.makeProcessor(ProcessorReifier.java:766) ~[?:?]
> at org.apache.camel.reifier.ProcessorReifier.addRoutes(ProcessorReifier.java:511) ~[?:?]
> at org.apache.camel.reifier.RouteReifier.doCreateRoute(RouteReifier.java:391) ~[?:?]
> ... 22 more
>

> Any ideas?
>

> Best regards,
> Alex soto

Re: MethodNotFoundException upgrading to Camel 3.4.2 (Blueprint and Karaf)

Alex Soto
Thank you, JB, I hope it is an easy fix.

Best regards,
Alex soto

> On Aug 15, 2020, at 4:06 AM, Jean-Baptiste Onofre <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> It seems to be related to a change on the camel-bean processor.
>
> Let me reproduce it and make a bisect to identify the change.
>
> Thanks !
>
> Regards
> JB
>
>> Le 14 août 2020 à 22:32, Alex Soto <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have a Camel application using Blueprint XML running on Karaf  4.2.9.  Some routes call methods on beans that are OSGi services.
>> When I try to upgrade to version 3.4.2  (from 3.4.0) Camel is no longer finding method in bean.
>>
>> Error at startup reads:
>>
>> "Failed to create route XXX at…”
>>
>> Caused by: org.apache.camel.component.bean.MethodNotFoundException: Method with name: XXXX not found on bean: XXXX@XXXX of type: Proxy3d58f1a3_9d5b_4a54_aa71_e8a0574b6da9
>> at org.apache.camel.component.bean.DefaultBeanProcessorFactory.createBeanProcessor(DefaultBeanProcessorFactory.java:146) ~[?:?]
>> at org.apache.camel.reifier.BeanReifier.createProcessor(BeanReifier.java:47) ~[?:?]
>> at org.apache.camel.reifier.ProcessorReifier.makeProcessor(ProcessorReifier.java:766) ~[?:?]
>> at org.apache.camel.reifier.ProcessorReifier.addRoutes(ProcessorReifier.java:511) ~[?:?]
>> at org.apache.camel.reifier.RouteReifier.doCreateRoute(RouteReifier.java:391) ~[?:?]
>> ... 22 more
>>

>> Any ideas?
>>

>> Best regards,
>> Alex soto

Re: MethodNotFoundException upgrading to Camel 3.4.2 (Blueprint and Karaf)

Alex Soto
Any update on this, JB?

Best regards,
Alex soto

> On Aug 15, 2020, at 4:06 AM, Jean-Baptiste Onofre <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> It seems to be related to a change on the camel-bean processor.
>
> Let me reproduce it and make a bisect to identify the change.
>
> Thanks !
>
> Regards
> JB
>
>> Le 14 août 2020 à 22:32, Alex Soto <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have a Camel application using Blueprint XML running on Karaf  4.2.9.  Some routes call methods on beans that are OSGi services.
>> When I try to upgrade to version 3.4.2  (from 3.4.0) Camel is no longer finding method in bean.
>>
>> Error at startup reads:
>>
>> "Failed to create route XXX at…”
>>
>> Caused by: org.apache.camel.component.bean.MethodNotFoundException: Method with name: XXXX not found on bean: XXXX@XXXX of type: Proxy3d58f1a3_9d5b_4a54_aa71_e8a0574b6da9
>> at org.apache.camel.component.bean.DefaultBeanProcessorFactory.createBeanProcessor(DefaultBeanProcessorFactory.java:146) ~[?:?]
>> at org.apache.camel.reifier.BeanReifier.createProcessor(BeanReifier.java:47) ~[?:?]
>> at org.apache.camel.reifier.ProcessorReifier.makeProcessor(ProcessorReifier.java:766) ~[?:?]
>> at org.apache.camel.reifier.ProcessorReifier.addRoutes(ProcessorReifier.java:511) ~[?:?]
>> at org.apache.camel.reifier.RouteReifier.doCreateRoute(RouteReifier.java:391) ~[?:?]
>> ... 22 more
>>

>> Any ideas?
>>

>> Best regards,
>> Alex soto

Re: MethodNotFoundException upgrading to Camel 3.4.2 (Blueprint and Karaf)

jbonofre
Hi Alex,

Not yet, I will get back on this one asap.
Did you create a Jira about that ?

I will keep you posted.

Regards
JB

> Le 19 août 2020 à 15:21, Alex Soto <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> Any update on this, JB?
>
> Best regards,
> Alex soto
>

>> On Aug 15, 2020, at 4:06 AM, Jean-Baptiste Onofre <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> It seems to be related to a change on the camel-bean processor.
>>
>> Let me reproduce it and make a bisect to identify the change.
>>
>> Thanks !
>>
>> Regards
>> JB
>>
>>> Le 14 août 2020 à 22:32, Alex Soto <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I have a Camel application using Blueprint XML running on Karaf  4.2.9.  Some routes call methods on beans that are OSGi services.
>>> When I try to upgrade to version 3.4.2  (from 3.4.0) Camel is no longer finding method in bean.
>>>
>>> Error at startup reads:
>>>
>>> "Failed to create route XXX at…”
>>>
>>> Caused by: org.apache.camel.component.bean.MethodNotFoundException: Method with name: XXXX not found on bean: XXXX@XXXX of type: Proxy3d58f1a3_9d5b_4a54_aa71_e8a0574b6da9
>>> at org.apache.camel.component.bean.DefaultBeanProcessorFactory.createBeanProcessor(DefaultBeanProcessorFactory.java:146) ~[?:?]
>>> at org.apache.camel.reifier.BeanReifier.createProcessor(BeanReifier.java:47) ~[?:?]
>>> at org.apache.camel.reifier.ProcessorReifier.makeProcessor(ProcessorReifier.java:766) ~[?:?]
>>> at org.apache.camel.reifier.ProcessorReifier.addRoutes(ProcessorReifier.java:511) ~[?:?]
>>> at org.apache.camel.reifier.RouteReifier.doCreateRoute(RouteReifier.java:391) ~[?:?]
>>> ... 22 more
>>>

>>> Any ideas?
>>>

>>> Best regards,
>>> Alex soto

Re: MethodNotFoundException upgrading to Camel 3.4.2 (Blueprint and Karaf)

Alex Soto
Done:  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-15435 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-15435>

Best regards,
Alex soto