Mina component producer not complete?

Nicky Sandhu
The MinaProducer does a session.write(body); but does not wait (write is async by default) or set the exchange's outBody with the response. Is this deliberate or is it under development?

Re: Mina component producer not complete?

jstrachan
On 8/29/07, Nicky Sandhu <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The MinaProducer does a session.write(body); but does not wait (write is
> async by default) or set the exchange's outBody with the response. Is this
> deliberate or is it under development?

Currently the Mina component is an InOnly kinda model (i.e. doing
one-ways). We need to improve it to support both InOnly and InOut

We really could do with adding some kinda MessageExchangePattern enum
to the Exchange so we can specify if we want to do an InOnly or InOut
(so that the component can know if its meant to do a sync
request/reply or a one way etc)

http://macstrac.blogspot.com/

On 8/31/07, James Strachan <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 8/29/07, Nicky Sandhu <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > The MinaProducer does a session.write(body); but does not wait (write is
> > async by default) or set the exchange's outBody with the response. Is this
> > deliberate or is it under development?
>
> Currently the Mina component is an InOnly kinda model (i.e. doing
> one-ways). We need to improve it to support both InOnly and InOut
>
> We really could do with adding some kinda MessageExchangePattern enum
> to the Exchange so we can specify if we want to do an InOnly or InOut
> (so that the component can know if its meant to do a sync
> request/reply or a one way etc)

Here's a JIRA to track this...

http://macstrac.blogspot.com/

Re: Mina component producer not complete?

Nicky Sandhu
Thanks
James.Strachan wrote