New asynchronous HTTP transport

Guillaume Nodet
Administrator
I've just committed an HTTP component based on Jakarta HttpComponents.
It seems to work nicely, though I haven't really load tested it.
However, to leverage this asynchronous transport, we will have to enhance
camel-core to be internally mostly asynchronous -- nearly all Processor are
only synchronous :-(

The component name is currently camel-jhc (Jakarta HttpComponent), but
this is a really ugly name, so it can be easily changed...

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet
------------------------
Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/

Re: New asynchronous HTTP transport

jstrachan
On 9/12/07, Guillaume Nodet <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I've just committed an HTTP component based on Jakarta HttpComponents.
> It seems to work nicely, though I haven't really load tested it.

Awesome stuff!

> However, to leverage this asynchronous transport, we will have to enhance
> camel-core to be internally mostly asynchronous -- nearly all Processor are
> only synchronous :-(

Yeah :(

> The component name is currently camel-jhc (Jakarta HttpComponent), but
> this is a really ugly name, so it can be easily changed...

How about "async-http"? If we find its much better in general, we
could always rename "http" to "sync-http" and make the new async HTTP
be "http" :)

http://macstrac.blogspot.com/