OSGI component not in Camel registry

rajith
I have a bean marked as follows
@Component(immediate = true, service = AggregationStrategy.class, property
= "name=myAggStrategy")

Component is of type org.osgi.service.component.annotations.Component

When my camel context is loaded it complains that it cannot find "
myAggStrategy".
It seems like I'm either using the wrong annotation or missing a step.

Is there an example around this? Wondering what I'm missing.

Regards,

Rajith Muditha Attapattu <http://rajith.2rlabs.com/>

Re: OSGI component not in Camel registry

How are you running this in OSGi - eg are you using camel-blueprint or
something?

For OSGi we generally only support OSGi blueprint and therefore you
should setup your beans in the xml file as <bean>.

For any kind of @Component scanning in OSGi then I dont think its
something we tend to use so much, or if so then maybe there is
something
you need to turn on in the OSGi blueprint xml file to enable this or
what else may be required.

On Thu, Sep 13, 2018 at 6:34 PM Rajith Muditha Attapattu
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have a bean marked as follows
> @Component(immediate = true, service = AggregationStrategy.class, property
> = "name=myAggStrategy")
>
> Component is of type org.osgi.service.component.annotations.Component
>
> When my camel context is loaded it complains that it cannot find "
> myAggStrategy".
> It seems like I'm either using the wrong annotation or missing a step.
>
> Is there an example around this? Wondering what I'm missing.
>
> Regards,
>
> Rajith Muditha Attapattu <http://rajith.2rlabs.com/>

***UNCHECKED*** Re: OSGI component not in Camel registry

Francois Papon
Hi,

The annotations @Component is for Declarative Service.

As Claus say, Camel support OSGi Blueprint so you have to declare your
component and your Camel context in a blueprint.xml

Regards,

François Papon
[hidden email]

Le 19/09/2018 à 14:42, Claus Ibsen a écrit :

> Hi
>
> How are you running this in OSGi - eg are you using camel-blueprint or
> something?
>
> For OSGi we generally only support OSGi blueprint and therefore you
> should setup your beans in the xml file as <bean>.
>
> For any kind of @Component scanning in OSGi then I dont think its
> something we tend to use so much, or if so then maybe there is
> something
> you need to turn on in the OSGi blueprint xml file to enable this or
> what else may be required.
>

> On Thu, Sep 13, 2018 at 6:34 PM Rajith Muditha Attapattu
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I have a bean marked as follows
>> @Component(immediate = true, service = AggregationStrategy.class, property
>> = "name=myAggStrategy")
>>
>> Component is of type org.osgi.service.component.annotations.Component
>>
>> When my camel context is loaded it complains that it cannot find "
>> myAggStrategy".
>> It seems like I'm either using the wrong annotation or missing a step.
>>
>> Is there an example around this? Wondering what I'm missing.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Rajith Muditha Attapattu <http://rajith.2rlabs.com/>

Re: OSGI component not in Camel registry

Claus Ibsen-2
On Wed, Sep 19, 2018 at 1:24 PM Francois Papon

> The annotations @Component is for Declarative Service.
>
> As Claus say, Camel support OSGi Blueprint so you have to declare your
> component and your Camel context in a blueprint.xml

Ah yes that is correct. For DS then there is camel-scr but its
deprecated and not recommended to be used.
As said we only support OSGi Blueprint out of the box.

For DS you can build together your own Camel bootstrap via DS.

> Regards,
>
> François Papon
> [hidden email]
>
> Le 19/09/2018 à 14:42, Claus Ibsen a écrit :
> > Hi
> >
> > How are you running this in OSGi - eg are you using camel-blueprint or
> > something?
> >
> > For OSGi we generally only support OSGi blueprint and therefore you
> > should setup your beans in the xml file as <bean>.
> >
> > For any kind of @Component scanning in OSGi then I dont think its
> > something we tend to use so much, or if so then maybe there is
> > something
> > you need to turn on in the OSGi blueprint xml file to enable this or
> > what else may be required.
> >

> > On Thu, Sep 13, 2018 at 6:34 PM Rajith Muditha Attapattu
> > <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >> I have a bean marked as follows
> >> @Component(immediate = true, service = AggregationStrategy.class, property
> >> = "name=myAggStrategy")
> >>
> >> Component is of type org.osgi.service.component.annotations.Component
> >>
> >> When my camel context is loaded it complains that it cannot find "
> >> myAggStrategy".
> >> It seems like I'm either using the wrong annotation or missing a step.
> >>
> >> Is there an example around this? Wondering what I'm missing.
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >>
> >> Rajith Muditha Attapattu <http://rajith.2rlabs.com/>

Re: OSGI component not in Camel registry

rajith
Gotcha that explains it!
Thank you both Claus and Francois