[POLL] - should we opt int camel projects into hacktoberfest?

[POLL] - should we opt int camel projects into hacktoberfest?

Andrea-2
Hello,

you might have been following the discussions going on around hacktoberfest [1],
long story short this here, due to an higher then usual spam PRs, each project should decide to opt-in in order to make PRs merged count for hacktoberfest purposes.

What should we do with the camel project and sub-projects?

opt in or not?

my vote goes for opt in.

(Actually, I already opted in camel-kafka-connector because I feel comfortable to manage the eventual PRs spam but we can always opt out)

Regards,
Andrea.

[1]https://hacktoberfest.digitalocean.com

Re: [POLL] - should we opt int camel projects into hacktoberfest?

Zoran Regvart-2
+1 for camel-website or docs updates, that I can help with.

For background, this year's hacktoberfest is opt-in due to increased
spammy contributions, more details here:

https://hacktoberfest.digitalocean.com/hacktoberfest-update

zoran

Zoran Regvart

Re: [POLL] - should we opt int camel projects into hacktoberfest?

Otavio Rodolfo Piske
+1.

Although we do risk receiving some spammy contributions, it may be a good
way to promote the project and attract new contributors. I can try to help
with camel-kafka-connector as well.

Kind regards

Otavio R. Piske
http://orpiske.net

Re: [POLL] - should we opt int camel projects into hacktoberfest?

I'm +1 on this, if we'll receive spammy stuff, we'll close those PRs.

Il giorno mar 6 ott 2020 alle ore 01:13 Andrea <[hidden email]> ha
scritto:

> Hello,
>
> you might have been following the discussions going on around
> hacktoberfest [1],
> long story short this here, due to an higher then usual spam PRs, each
> project should decide to opt-in in order to make PRs merged count for
> hacktoberfest purposes.
>
> What should we do with the camel project and sub-projects?
>
> opt in or not?
>

> my vote goes for opt in.
>
> (Actually, I already opted in camel-kafka-connector because I feel
> comfortable to manage the eventual PRs spam but we can always opt out)
>
> Regards,
> Andrea.
>
> [1]https://hacktoberfest.digitalocean.com

Re: [POLL] - should we opt int camel projects into hacktoberfest?

Otavio Rodolfo Piske
On a side note: maybe we could also post on Twitter about Camel
participation on the hacktoberfest? We can try to come up with a catchy and
welcoming twit.

Otavio R. Piske
http://orpiske.net

Re: [POLL] - should we opt int camel projects into hacktoberfest?

Zoran Regvart-2
Quick side note, we have the `help-wanted` label on JIRA and  a
thorough contribution guide[1] that links to those.

zoran

[1] https://camel.apache.org/manual/latest/contributing.html

Zoran Regvart

Re: [POLL] - should we opt int camel projects into hacktoberfest?

Omar Al-Safi
+1 as usual but of course, as we agree to close any spammy PR as Andrea
mentioned.

Omar,

On Tue, Oct 6, 2020 at 9:40 AM Zoran Regvart <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Quick side note, we have the `help-wanted` label on JIRA and  a
> thorough contribution guide[1] that links to those.
>
> zoran
>
> [1] https://camel.apache.org/manual/latest/contributing.html
>
> On Tue, Oct 6, 2020 at 9:26 AM Otavio Rodolfo Piske
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > On a side note: maybe we could also post on Twitter about Camel
> > participation on the hacktoberfest? We can try to come up with a catchy
> and
> > welcoming twit.
> >
> > On Tue, Oct 6, 2020 at 9:13 AM Andrea Cosentino <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > > I'm +1 on this, if we'll receive spammy stuff, we'll close those PRs.

> each

> out)

> > --
> > Otavio R. Piske
> > http://orpiske.net

> Zoran Regvart

Re: [POLL] - should we opt int camel projects into hacktoberfest?

Maria Arias de Reyna Dominguez
+1 to this

This year they implemented some spam counter-measures... let's see if
that works.

On Tue, Oct 6, 2020 at 10:00 AM Omar Al-Safi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1 as usual but of course, as we agree to close any spammy PR as Andrea
> mentioned.
>
> Omar,
>
> On Tue, Oct 6, 2020 at 9:40 AM Zoran Regvart <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Quick side note, we have the `help-wanted` label on JIRA and  a
> > thorough contribution guide[1] that links to those.
> >
> > zoran
> >
> > [1] https://camel.apache.org/manual/latest/contributing.html
> >
> > On Tue, Oct 6, 2020 at 9:26 AM Otavio Rodolfo Piske
> > <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > >
> > > On a side note: maybe we could also post on Twitter about Camel
> > > participation on the hacktoberfest? We can try to come up with a catchy
> > and
> > > welcoming twit.

> > each

> > out)

> > > --
> > > Otavio R. Piske
> > > http://orpiske.net
> >

> > --
> > Zoran Regvart

Re: [POLL] - should we opt int camel projects into hacktoberfest?

Andrea-2
Hello,

ok so I opted all the camel projects in, soon the github "hacktoberfest" topic should show up in the project labels.

@Otavio Rodolfo Piske  : since you proposed, do you mind putting together a tweet text to promote the initiative with a link to the contribution guidelines Zoran mentioned?

Let's see how it goes, if any concern/problem come up let me know.

Regards,
Andrea.

On Tue, Oct 6, 2020, at 10:07, Maria Arias de Reyna Dominguez wrote:

> +1 to this
>
> This year they implemented some spam counter-measures... let's see if
> that works.
>
> On Tue, Oct 6, 2020 at 10:00 AM Omar Al-Safi <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > +1 as usual but of course, as we agree to close any spammy PR as Andrea
> > mentioned.
> >
> > Omar,
> >
> > On Tue, Oct 6, 2020 at 9:40 AM Zoran Regvart <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > Quick side note, we have the `help-wanted` label on JIRA and  a
> > > thorough contribution guide[1] that links to those.
> > >
> > > zoran
> > >
> > > [1] https://camel.apache.org/manual/latest/contributing.html

> > > and

> > > each

> > > out)

> > > --
> > > Zoran Regvart

Re: [POLL] - should we opt int camel projects into hacktoberfest?

Otavio Rodolfo Piske
Sure thing. I came up with these 2:

1.
We are happy to invite everyone to join the #Apache #Camel project on
#Hacktoberfest 2020 caravan 🐫🐫🐫! Check our contribution guidelines at
https://camel.apache.org/manual/latest/contributing.html and don't miss
this great opportunity to be a Camel rider yourself!

2.
The #Hacktoberfest 2020 is a great opportunity to get involved with the
#open #source community. It's a chance to learn and to share. The #Apache
#Camel project is excited to participate in this event. Check our
contribution guidelines and come join us:

Otavio R. Piske
http://orpiske.net

Re: [POLL] - should we opt int camel projects into hacktoberfest?

Andrea-2
@Zoran or @Andrea C.

Could you please pick one and tweet it I would vote for the first one.

Regards.

On Tue, Oct 6, 2020, at 16:54, Otavio Rodolfo Piske wrote:

> Sure thing. I came up with these 2:
>
> 1.
> We are happy to invite everyone to join the #Apache #Camel project on
> #Hacktoberfest 2020 caravan 🐫🐫🐫! Check our contribution guidelines at
> https://camel.apache.org/manual/latest/contributing.html and don't miss
> this great opportunity to be a Camel rider yourself!
>
> 2.
> The #Hacktoberfest 2020 is a great opportunity to get involved with the
> #open #source community. It's a chance to learn and to share. The #Apache
> #Camel project is excited to participate in this event. Check our
> contribution guidelines and come join us:
> https://camel.apache.org/manual/latest/contributing.html
>
> Kind regards
>
> On Tue, Oct 6, 2020 at 2:27 PM Andrea <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > ok so I opted all the camel projects in, soon the github "hacktoberfest"
> > topic should show up in the project labels.
> >
> > @Otavio Rodolfo Piske  : since you proposed, do you mind putting together
> > a tweet text to promote the initiative with a link to the contribution
> > guidelines Zoran mentioned?
> >
> > Let's see how it goes, if any concern/problem come up let me know.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Andrea.
> >
> > On Tue, Oct 6, 2020, at 10:07, Maria Arias de Reyna Dominguez wrote:
> > > +1 to this
> > >
> > > This year they implemented some spam counter-measures... let's see if
> > > that works.

> > catchy

> > PRs.

> > [hidden email]> ha

> > PRs,
> > count for

> > feel
> > opt

> --
> Otavio R. Piske
> http://orpiske.net

Re: [POLL] - should we opt int camel projects into hacktoberfest?

Andrea Cosentino-3
Done
https://twitter.com/ApacheCamel/status/1313518928929398784