Redesigning the Camel website front page

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Redesigning the Camel website front page

Zoran Regvart-2
Hi Cameleers,
in the past few months we had a lot of help with the Camel website
from two interns from the Outreachy program.

We're now at a point where we're redesigning the website front page
and we would like to hear some feedback from you. Take a look at the
preview:

https://deploy-preview-442--camel.netlify.app/

And if you wish to provide some feedback chime in on the pull request:

https://github.com/apache/camel-website/pull/442

thanks!

zoran
--
Zoran Regvart
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Redesigning the Camel website front page

Omar Al-Safi
Hi Zoran,

Looks good so far, however wouldn't make sense to use the main Camel logo
instead of that screen with the wheels on the center?

Regards,
Omar

On Fri, Jul 31, 2020, 18:54 Zoran Regvart <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Cameleers,
> in the past few months we had a lot of help with the Camel website
> from two interns from the Outreachy program.
>
> We're now at a point where we're redesigning the website front page
> and we would like to hear some feedback from you. Take a look at the
> preview:
>
> https://deploy-preview-442--camel.netlify.app/
>
> And if you wish to provide some feedback chime in on the pull request:
>
> https://github.com/apache/camel-website/pull/442
>
> thanks!
>
> zoran
> --
> Zoran Regvart
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Redesigning the Camel website front page

prerna singh
In reply to this post by Zoran Regvart-2
This looks pretty good to me.
Good job done.


On Fri, 31 Jul 2020, 22:24 Zoran Regvart, <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Cameleers,
> in the past few months we had a lot of help with the Camel website
> from two interns from the Outreachy program.
>
> We're now at a point where we're redesigning the website front page
> and we would like to hear some feedback from you. Take a look at the
> preview:
>
> https://deploy-preview-442--camel.netlify.app/
>
> And if you wish to provide some feedback chime in on the pull request:
>
> https://github.com/apache/camel-website/pull/442
>
> thanks!
>
> zoran
> --
> Zoran Regvart
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Redesigning the Camel website front page

Zoran Regvart-2
In reply to this post by Zoran Regvart-2
Andrea & Omar,
we asked Christina if she would be willing to do a short video
explaining what is Camel, so that picture of a computer with the gears
is a placeholder for when we get the video.

I don't think we should stamp the logo over everything, it's already
present at the top left and in the footer, but I'll leave that to the
community, if more of you show up and would like to see the logo there
I'm sure Aashna can incorporate it.

zoran

On Fri, Jul 31, 2020 at 7:00 PM Andrea Cosentino <[hidden email]> wrote:

>
> Personally I really like it, but will we remove that computer on right and
> will we add a Camel logo there?
>
> I find thath image a bit like an example site...
>
> Other than that, super cool and big +1
>
> Il giorno ven 31 lug 2020 alle ore 18:54 Zoran Regvart <[hidden email]>
> ha scritto:
>
> > Hi Cameleers,
> > in the past few months we had a lot of help with the Camel website
> > from two interns from the Outreachy program.
> >
> > We're now at a point where we're redesigning the website front page
> > and we would like to hear some feedback from you. Take a look at the
> > preview:
> >
> > https://deploy-preview-442--camel.netlify.app/
> >
> > And if you wish to provide some feedback chime in on the pull request:
> >
> > https://github.com/apache/camel-website/pull/442
> >
> > thanks!
> >
> > zoran
> > --
> > Zoran Regvart
> >



--
Zoran Regvart
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Redesigning the Camel website front page

blanx
In reply to this post by prerna singh
Hello Zoran,

This looks great! Only thing that i noticed is that camel-kafka logo is not
visible enough since it's black, maybe add some background which will
create contrast?

Thank you on your time. :)

- Djordje

On Fri, 31 Jul 2020, 19:05 prerna singh, <[hidden email]> wrote:

> This looks pretty good to me.
> Good job done.
>
>
> On Fri, 31 Jul 2020, 22:24 Zoran Regvart, <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi Cameleers,
> > in the past few months we had a lot of help with the Camel website
> > from two interns from the Outreachy program.
> >
> > We're now at a point where we're redesigning the website front page
> > and we would like to hear some feedback from you. Take a look at the
> > preview:
> >
> > https://deploy-preview-442--camel.netlify.app/
> >
> > And if you wish to provide some feedback chime in on the pull request:
> >
> > https://github.com/apache/camel-website/pull/442
> >
> > thanks!
> >
> > zoran
> > --
> > Zoran Regvart
> >
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Redesigning the Camel website front page

Otavio Rodolfo Piske
+1

Looks very good!

I also think that it would be more consistent to use "Camel Kafka
Connector" instead of Camel Kafka. I'd also suggest the same for "Camel
Core" as it can be potentially confusing, IMHO.


On Fri, Jul 31, 2020 at 7:37 PM Federico Valeri <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> +1
>
> Really cool.
>
> Minor note: shouldn't be "Camel Kafka Connector" on the front page,
> like in the documentation page? As long as we are consistent, I don't
> care if we choose the short or long version.
>
> On Fri, Jul 31, 2020 at 7:10 PM Djordje Bajić <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hello Zoran,
> >
> > This looks great! Only thing that i noticed is that camel-kafka logo is
> not
> > visible enough since it's black, maybe add some background which will
> > create contrast?
> >
> > Thank you on your time. :)
> >
> > - Djordje
> >
> > On Fri, 31 Jul 2020, 19:05 prerna singh, <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > > This looks pretty good to me.
> > > Good job done.
> > >
> > >
> > > On Fri, 31 Jul 2020, 22:24 Zoran Regvart, <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > >
> > > > Hi Cameleers,
> > > > in the past few months we had a lot of help with the Camel website
> > > > from two interns from the Outreachy program.
> > > >
> > > > We're now at a point where we're redesigning the website front page
> > > > and we would like to hear some feedback from you. Take a look at the
> > > > preview:
> > > >
> > > > https://deploy-preview-442--camel.netlify.app/
> > > >
> > > > And if you wish to provide some feedback chime in on the pull
> request:
> > > >
> > > > https://github.com/apache/camel-website/pull/442
> > > >
> > > > thanks!
> > > >
> > > > zoran
> > > > --
> > > > Zoran Regvart
> > > >
> > >
>


--
Otavio R. Piske
http://orpiske.net
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Redesigning the Camel website front page

Ioannis Polyzos
+1

Very nice.

On Sat, 1 Aug 2020, 06:45 Otavio Rodolfo Piske, <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> +1
>
> Looks very good!
>
> I also think that it would be more consistent to use "Camel Kafka
> Connector" instead of Camel Kafka. I'd also suggest the same for "Camel
> Core" as it can be potentially confusing, IMHO.
>
>
> On Fri, Jul 31, 2020 at 7:37 PM Federico Valeri <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > +1
> >
> > Really cool.
> >
> > Minor note: shouldn't be "Camel Kafka Connector" on the front page,
> > like in the documentation page? As long as we are consistent, I don't
> > care if we choose the short or long version.
> >
> > On Fri, Jul 31, 2020 at 7:10 PM Djordje Bajić <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > Hello Zoran,
> > >
> > > This looks great! Only thing that i noticed is that camel-kafka logo is
> > not
> > > visible enough since it's black, maybe add some background which will
> > > create contrast?
> > >
> > > Thank you on your time. :)
> > >
> > > - Djordje
> > >
> > > On Fri, 31 Jul 2020, 19:05 prerna singh, <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > > This looks pretty good to me.
> > > > Good job done.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > On Fri, 31 Jul 2020, 22:24 Zoran Regvart, <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > >
> > > > > Hi Cameleers,
> > > > > in the past few months we had a lot of help with the Camel website
> > > > > from two interns from the Outreachy program.
> > > > >
> > > > > We're now at a point where we're redesigning the website front page
> > > > > and we would like to hear some feedback from you. Take a look at
> the
> > > > > preview:
> > > > >
> > > > > https://deploy-preview-442--camel.netlify.app/
> > > > >
> > > > > And if you wish to provide some feedback chime in on the pull
> > request:
> > > > >
> > > > > https://github.com/apache/camel-website/pull/442
> > > > >
> > > > > thanks!
> > > > >
> > > > > zoran
> > > > > --
> > > > > Zoran Regvart
> > > > >
> > > >
> >
>
>
> --
> Otavio R. Piske
> http://orpiske.net
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RE: Redesigning the Camel website front page

Ajmera, Hemang C
In reply to this post by Zoran Regvart-2
Hi
   It is excellent!

Just few suggestion
1. For mobile view, if we do not display the large logo for each sections, it will be more helpful in small screen.
2. Do we need a "Download" in main menu? I guess that might not be very useful, since mostly maven/gradle is used. Also in my case, I use with springboot, so jar with springboot starter is what is used as beginning point.
Other thought was, that in the download page, we can add the maven/gradle dependency details. That way it might be easy to directly use that.



Thanks and Regards,
Hemang Ajmera

-----Original Message-----
From: Zoran Regvart <[hidden email]>
Sent: 31 July 2020 22:24
To: Dev <[hidden email]>; [hidden email]
Cc: Aashna Jena <[hidden email]>; Aemie Hitesh Jariwala <[hidden email]>; Maria Arias de Reyna Dominguez <[hidden email]>
Subject: Redesigning the Camel website front page


EXTERNAL SENDER:   Do not click any links or open any attachments unless you trust the sender and know the content is safe.
EXPÉDITEUR EXTERNE:    Ne cliquez sur aucun lien et n’ouvrez aucune pièce jointe à moins qu’ils ne proviennent d’un expéditeur fiable, ou que vous ayez l'assurance que le contenu provient d'une source sûre.

Hi Cameleers,
in the past few months we had a lot of help with the Camel website from two interns from the Outreachy program.

We're now at a point where we're redesigning the website front page and we would like to hear some feedback from you. Take a look at the
preview:

https://deploy-preview-442--camel.netlify.app/

And if you wish to provide some feedback chime in on the pull request:

https://github.com/apache/camel-website/pull/442

thanks!

zoran
--
Zoran Regvart
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Redesigning the Camel website front page

Claus Ibsen-2
In reply to this post by Zoran Regvart-2
Hi

This is a very much improved front page design. I like it a lot.
Great job.

Just noticed in the footer, that the "Overview" is not aligned with
the "Documentation" ... sections - I think its due that Camel logo is
in the footer too.
Maybe we can remove the logo there, so they are aligned.

And we surely also need a better "what is camel" page. I would like to
have both in text and if we get a video from Christina to explain in a
few minutes what is Camel.
https://deploy-preview-442--camel.netlify.app/manual/latest/faq/what-is-camel.html

On the community page I would like to see "continue reading" using the
same button style as this front page design uses.
https://deploy-preview-442--camel.netlify.app/community/


On Fri, Jul 31, 2020 at 6:54 PM Zoran Regvart <[hidden email]> wrote:

>
> Hi Cameleers,
> in the past few months we had a lot of help with the Camel website
> from two interns from the Outreachy program.
>
> We're now at a point where we're redesigning the website front page
> and we would like to hear some feedback from you. Take a look at the
> preview:
>
> https://deploy-preview-442--camel.netlify.app/
>
> And if you wish to provide some feedback chime in on the pull request:
>
> https://github.com/apache/camel-website/pull/442
>
> thanks!
>
> zoran
> --
> Zoran Regvart



--
Claus Ibsen
-----------------
http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus
Camel in Action 2: https://www.manning.com/ibsen2