Release Camel 2.23.0

12

Release Camel 2.23.0

Andrea Cosentino-2
Hello all,
I think it's time to release 2.23.0 since we introduced some new stuff and fixed some bugs.
What do you think?
Gregor, are you able to work on releasing Camel 2.23.0 by the end of October/beginning of November?
Thanks.
--Andrea Cosentino ----------------------------------Apache Camel PMC ChairApache Karaf CommitterApache Servicemix PMC MemberEmail: [hidden email]: @oscerd2Github: oscerd

Re: Release Camel 2.23.0

Alex Dettinger
+1

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello all,
> I think it's time to release 2.23.0 since we introduced some new stuff and fixed some bugs.
> What do you think?
> Gregor, are you able to work on releasing Camel 2.23.0 by the end of October/beginning of November?
> Thanks.

Yeah if we can time this after Spring Boot 2.1 release, so Camel 2.23
is up to date with that release, then that would be great.

> --Andrea Cosentino ----------------------------------Apache Camel PMC ChairApache Karaf CommitterApache Servicemix PMC MemberEmail: [hidden email]: @oscerd2Github: oscerd

Re: Release Camel 2.23.0

Andrea Cosentino-2
Yeah, 2.1.0 ETA is 29 October

https://github.com/spring-projects/spring-boot/milestones

--
Andrea Cosentino
----------------------------------
Apache Camel PMC Chair
Apache Karaf Committer
Apache Servicemix PMC Member
Email: [hidden email]
Twitter: @oscerd2
Github: oscerd

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello all,
> I think it's time to release 2.23.0 since we introduced some new stuff and fixed some bugs.
> What do you think?
> Gregor, are you able to work on releasing Camel 2.23.0 by the end of October/beginning of November?
> Thanks.

Yeah if we can time this after Spring Boot 2.1 release, so Camel 2.23
is up to date with that release, then that would be great.

> --Andrea Cosentino ----------------------------------Apache Camel PMC ChairApache Karaf CommitterApache Servicemix PMC MemberEmail: [hidden email]: @oscerd2Github: oscerd

Re: Release Camel 2.23.0

David J. M. Karlsen
Would it be worthwhile testing against 2.1.0.M4 in the mean time
https://github.com/spring-projects/spring-boot/releases.
This also brings Spring 5.1 - in order to do any preliminary testing?

Den tir. 16. okt. 2018 kl. 09:52 skrev Andrea Cosentino
<[hidden email]>:

> Yeah, 2.1.0 ETA is 29 October
>
> https://github.com/spring-projects/spring-boot/milestones
>
> --
> Andrea Cosentino
> ----------------------------------
> Apache Camel PMC Chair
> Apache Karaf Committer
> Apache Servicemix PMC Member
> Email: [hidden email]
> Twitter: @oscerd2
> Github: oscerd
>

> On Tuesday, October 16, 2018, 9:49:56 AM GMT+2, Claus Ibsen <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>

> On Mon, Oct 15, 2018 at 7:55 AM Andrea Cosentino
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hello all,
> > I think it's time to release 2.23.0 since we introduced some new stuff
> and fixed some bugs.
> > What do you think?
> > Gregor, are you able to work on releasing Camel 2.23.0 by the end of
> October/beginning of November?
> > Thanks.
>
> Yeah if we can time this after Spring Boot 2.1 release, so Camel 2.23
> is up to date with that release, then that would be great.
>

> > --Andrea Cosentino ----------------------------------Apache Camel PMC
> ChairApache Karaf CommitterApache Servicemix PMC MemberEmail:
> [hidden email]: @oscerd2Github: oscerd

David J. M. Karlsen - http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidkarlsen

Re: Release Camel 2.23.0

Andrea Cosentino-2
I think Zoran Regvart is doing some preliminary tests.

--
Andrea Cosentino
----------------------------------

<[hidden email]>:

> Yeah, 2.1.0 ETA is 29 October
>
> https://github.com/spring-projects/spring-boot/milestones
>
> --
> Andrea Cosentino
> ----------------------------------
> Apache Camel PMC Chair
> Apache Karaf Committer
> Apache Servicemix PMC Member
> Email: [hidden email]
> Twitter: @oscerd2
> Github: oscerd
>

> On Tuesday, October 16, 2018, 9:49:56 AM GMT+2, Claus Ibsen <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>

> On Mon, Oct 15, 2018 at 7:55 AM Andrea Cosentino
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hello all,
> > I think it's time to release 2.23.0 since we introduced some new stuff
> and fixed some bugs.
> > What do you think?
> > Gregor, are you able to work on releasing Camel 2.23.0 by the end of
> October/beginning of November?
> > Thanks.
>
> Yeah if we can time this after Spring Boot 2.1 release, so Camel 2.23
> is up to date with that release, then that would be great.
>

> > --Andrea Cosentino ----------------------------------Apache Camel PMC
> ChairApache Karaf CommitterApache Servicemix PMC MemberEmail:
> [hidden email]: @oscerd2Github: oscerd

David J. M. Karlsen - http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidkarlsen

Re: Release Camel 2.23.0

Zoran Regvart-2
Hi Cameleers,
yeah I did some preliminary work, I need to finish that and cherry
pick it to `master` from `java-10` branch,

zoran

Zoran Regvart

Re: Release Camel 2.23.0

onders-2
+1

On Tue, Oct 16, 2018 at 11:31 AM Zoran Regvart <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Cameleers,
> yeah I did some preliminary work, I need to finish that and cherry
> pick it to `master` from `java-10` branch,
>
> zoran
>
> On Tue, Oct 16, 2018 at 9:57 AM, David Karlsen <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> > Would it be worthwhile testing against 2.1.0.M4 in the mean time
> > https://github.com/spring-projects/spring-boot/releases.
> > This also brings Spring 5.1 - in order to do any preliminary testing?
> >
> > Den tir. 16. okt. 2018 kl. 09:52 skrev Andrea Cosentino
> > <[hidden email]>:
> >
> >> Yeah, 2.1.0 ETA is 29 October
> >>
> >> https://github.com/spring-projects/spring-boot/milestones
> >>
> >> --
> >> Andrea Cosentino
> >> ----------------------------------
> >> Apache Camel PMC Chair
> >> Apache Karaf Committer
> >> Apache Servicemix PMC Member
> >> Email: [hidden email]
> >> Twitter: @oscerd2
> >> Github: oscerd
> >>

> >> On Tuesday, October 16, 2018, 9:49:56 AM GMT+2, Claus Ibsen <
> >> [hidden email]> wrote:

> >> and fixed some bugs.
> >> October/beginning of November?
> >>
> >> Yeah if we can time this after Spring Boot 2.1 release, so Camel 2.23
> >> is up to date with that release, then that would be great.

> >> ChairApache Karaf CommitterApache Servicemix PMC MemberEmail:
> >> [hidden email]: @oscerd2Github: oscerd
> >>

> >> --
> >> Claus Ibsen
> >> -----------------
> >> http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus
> >> Camel in Action 2: https://www.manning.com/ibsen2

> > David J. M. Karlsen - http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidkarlsen

> Zoran Regvart

Re: Release Camel 2.23.0

Gregor Zurowski-2
Hi Everyone:

Now that Spring Boot 2.1 was released and integrated with Camel on the
master branch, is it a good time to cutting a RC for Camel 2.23.0
already?

Thanks,
Gregor

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello all,
> I think it's time to release 2.23.0 since we introduced some new stuff and fixed some bugs.
> What do you think?
> Gregor, are you able to work on releasing Camel 2.23.0 by the end of October/beginning of November?
> Thanks.
> --Andrea Cosentino ----------------------------------Apache Camel PMC ChairApache Karaf CommitterApache Servicemix PMC MemberEmail: [hidden email]: @oscerd2Github: oscerd

Re: Release Camel 2.23.0

Zoran Regvart-2
Hi Gregor,
I'll try to find some solution for those failing tests in
camel-spring-cloud-consul (CAMEL-12928), though I think this might
need to be fixed in spring-cloud-consul first.

Do we want to assert Java 11 compatibility in 2.23? I'm not saying we
need to, I'd like to have a discussion about it. I think we're on a
good way, we have about 2500 tests failing, mostly because of mising
JAXB implementation, there are some unreleased dependencies that we
use: most notably MVEL that uses an older version of ASM.

Also there are about 48 issues marked for 2.23.x[1], we should
probably go through them and see what can make the cut.

zoran

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/CAMEL/versions/12343345

Zoran Regvart

R: Re: Release Camel 2.23.0

I believe we may need one more week to fix some SB itest. Maybe next weekend if you are available for cutting the release :-)
Is this ok for everyone? Any thoughts?
Thanks Gregor

Inviato da Yahoo Mail su Android

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello all,
> I think it's time to release 2.23.0 since we introduced some new stuff and fixed some bugs.
> What do you think?
> Gregor, are you able to work on releasing Camel 2.23.0 by the end of October/beginning of November?
> Thanks.
> --Andrea Cosentino ----------------------------------Apache Camel PMC ChairApache Karaf CommitterApache Servicemix PMC MemberEmail: [hidden email]: @oscerd2Github: oscerd

Re: Re: Release Camel 2.23.0

Alex Dettinger
One week more seems good to me.
Finger crossed, but I may have fixed the camel-mybatis test harness.
I had less chance fixing camel-example-rest-producer, apparently switching
to tomcat would solve.
So the root cause of the issue could be linked to
spring-boot-starter-undertow dependencies...

On Sat, Nov 10, 2018 at 12:01 PM Andrea Cosentino
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I believe we may need one more week to fix some SB itest. Maybe next
> weekend if you are available for cutting the release :-)
> Is this ok for everyone? Any thoughts?
> Thanks Gregor
>
> Inviato da Yahoo Mail su Android
>
>   Il sab, 10 nov, 2018 alle 11:44, Gregor Zurowski<
> [hidden email]> ha scritto:   Hi Everyone:
>
> Now that Spring Boot 2.1 was released and integrated with Camel on the
> master branch, is it a good time to cutting a RC for Camel 2.23.0
> already?
>
> Thanks,
> Gregor
>
> On Mon, Oct 15, 2018 at 7:55 AM Andrea Cosentino
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hello all,
> > I think it's time to release 2.23.0 since we introduced some new stuff
> and fixed some bugs.
> > What do you think?
> > Gregor, are you able to work on releasing Camel 2.23.0 by the end of
> October/beginning of November?
> > Thanks.
> > --Andrea Cosentino ----------------------------------Apache Camel PMC
> ChairApache Karaf CommitterApache Servicemix PMC MemberEmail:
> [hidden email]: @oscerd2Github: oscerd

Re: Re: Release Camel 2.23.0

onders-2
+1 to Zoran. it would be perfect if we can release with jdk 11 support as
well. it looks like he's been one step ahead for jdk 11 work. :) Thanks for
that.

And I believe we should still support jdk 8.

Not sure build status around 9 and 10. ( As I am also only struggling for
both 8 and 11 by skipping the status around 9 and 10)

On Sat, 10 Nov 2018, 14:01 Andrea Cosentino <[hidden email]
wrote:

> I believe we may need one more week to fix some SB itest. Maybe next
> weekend if you are available for cutting the release :-)
> Is this ok for everyone? Any thoughts?
> Thanks Gregor
>
> Inviato da Yahoo Mail su Android
>
>   Il sab, 10 nov, 2018 alle 11:44, Gregor Zurowski<
> [hidden email]> ha scritto:   Hi Everyone:
>
> Now that Spring Boot 2.1 was released and integrated with Camel on the
> master branch, is it a good time to cutting a RC for Camel 2.23.0
> already?
>
> Thanks,
> Gregor
>
> On Mon, Oct 15, 2018 at 7:55 AM Andrea Cosentino
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hello all,
> > I think it's time to release 2.23.0 since we introduced some new stuff
> and fixed some bugs.
> > What do you think?
> > Gregor, are you able to work on releasing Camel 2.23.0 by the end of
> October/beginning of November?
> > Thanks.
> > --Andrea Cosentino ----------------------------------Apache Camel PMC
> ChairApache Karaf CommitterApache Servicemix PMC MemberEmail:
> [hidden email]: @oscerd2Github: oscerd

R: Re: Release Camel 2.23.0

For the SB itest, also servlet, box, LinkedIn and I finish an are currently failing. So we need to take a look to them too.

Inviato da Yahoo Mail su Android

  Il sab, 10 nov, 2018 alle 12:00, Zoran Regvart<[hidden email]> ha scritto:   Hi Gregor,

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Everyone:
>
> Now that Spring Boot 2.1 was released and integrated with Camel on the
> master branch, is it a good time to cutting a RC for Camel 2.23.0
> already?
>
> Thanks,
> Gregor
>
> On Mon, Oct 15, 2018 at 7:55 AM Andrea Cosentino
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hello all,
>> I think it's time to release 2.23.0 since we introduced some new stuff and fixed some bugs.
>> What do you think?
>> Gregor, are you able to work on releasing Camel 2.23.0 by the end of October/beginning of November?
>> Thanks.
>> --Andrea Cosentino ----------------------------------Apache Camel PMC ChairApache Karaf CommitterApache Servicemix PMC MemberEmail: [hidden email]: @oscerd2Github: oscerd

Zoran Regvart

R: Re: Release Camel 2.23.0

Andrea Cosentino-2
It was infinispan

Inviato da Yahoo Mail su Android

  Il dom, 11 nov, 2018 alle 7:55, Andrea Cosentino<[hidden email]> ha scritto:   For the SB itest, also servlet, box, LinkedIn and I finish an are currently failing. So we need to take a look to them too.

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Everyone:
>
> Now that Spring Boot 2.1 was released and integrated with Camel on the
> master branch, is it a good time to cutting a RC for Camel 2.23.0
> already?
>
> Thanks,
> Gregor
>
> On Mon, Oct 15, 2018 at 7:55 AM Andrea Cosentino
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hello all,
>> I think it's time to release 2.23.0 since we introduced some new stuff and fixed some bugs.
>> What do you think?
>> Gregor, are you able to work on releasing Camel 2.23.0 by the end of October/beginning of November?
>> Thanks.
>> --Andrea Cosentino ----------------------------------Apache Camel PMC ChairApache Karaf CommitterApache Servicemix PMC MemberEmail: [hidden email]: @oscerd2Github: oscerd

--
Zoran Regvart

Re: Release Camel 2.23.0

Hello,
Are we in good shape now?
We currently have 3 PRs opened by Dmitri.
And we have only 4 failing tests
https://builds.apache.org/view/C/view/Apache%20Camel/job/Camel/job/master/790/#showFailuresLink

Do you guys expect to add something? We may wait for the next weekend (November 24-25) to stabilize the codebase and then we can release.
I don't know if Gregor will be available for the release cut in that weekend.
Let me know your thoughts about the schedule.

wrote:

> I believe we may need one more week to fix some SB itest. Maybe next
> weekend if you are available for cutting the release :-)
> Is this ok for everyone? Any thoughts?
> Thanks Gregor
>
> Inviato da Yahoo Mail su Android
>
>  Il sab, 10 nov, 2018 alle 11:44, Gregor Zurowski<
> [hidden email]> ha scritto:  Hi Everyone:
>
> Now that Spring Boot 2.1 was released and integrated with Camel on the
> master branch, is it a good time to cutting a RC for Camel 2.23.0
> already?
>
> Thanks,
> Gregor
>
> On Mon, Oct 15, 2018 at 7:55 AM Andrea Cosentino
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hello all,
> > I think it's time to release 2.23.0 since we introduced some new stuff
> and fixed some bugs.
> > What do you think?
> > Gregor, are you able to work on releasing Camel 2.23.0 by the end of
> October/beginning of November?
> > Thanks.
> > --Andrea Cosentino ----------------------------------Apache Camel PMC
> ChairApache Karaf CommitterApache Servicemix PMC MemberEmail:
> [hidden email]: @oscerd2Github: oscerd

Re: Release Camel 2.23.0

Andrea Cosentino-2
Hello,

Are we in good shape now?

We currently have 3 PRs opened by Dmitri.

And we have only 4 failing tests

https://builds.apache.org/view/C/view/Apache%20Camel/job/Camel/job/master/790/#showFailuresLink

Do you guys expect to add something? We may wait for the next weekend (November 24-25) to stabilize the codebase and then we can release.

I don't know if Gregor will be available for the release cut in that weekend.

Let me know your thoughts about the schedule.

P.S.: Reposting, wrong indentation.

Andrea Cosentino
----------------------------------

wrote:

> I believe we may need one more week to fix some SB itest. Maybe next
> weekend if you are available for cutting the release :-)
> Is this ok for everyone? Any thoughts?
> Thanks Gregor
>
> Inviato da Yahoo Mail su Android
>
>  Il sab, 10 nov, 2018 alle 11:44, Gregor Zurowski<
> [hidden email]> ha scritto:  Hi Everyone:
>
> Now that Spring Boot 2.1 was released and integrated with Camel on the
> master branch, is it a good time to cutting a RC for Camel 2.23.0
> already?
>
> Thanks,
> Gregor
>
> On Mon, Oct 15, 2018 at 7:55 AM Andrea Cosentino
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hello all,
> > I think it's time to release 2.23.0 since we introduced some new stuff
> and fixed some bugs.
> > What do you think?
> > Gregor, are you able to work on releasing Camel 2.23.0 by the end of
> October/beginning of November?
> > Thanks.
> > --Andrea Cosentino ----------------------------------Apache Camel PMC
> ChairApache Karaf CommitterApache Servicemix PMC MemberEmail:
> [hidden email]: @oscerd2Github: oscerd

Re: Release Camel 2.23.0

onders-2
Not sure if we are not anywhere near for future JDK support. I could not
personally have spare time to work on it.
I can see Zoran is working on it.
Maybe we can have it in the next cycle..
+1

On Fri, Nov 16, 2018 at 10:58 AM Andrea Cosentino
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> > [hidden email]> ha scritto:  Hi Everyone:
> >
> > Now that Spring Boot 2.1 was released and integrated with Camel on the
> > master branch, is it a good time to cutting a RC for Camel 2.23.0
> > already?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Gregor
> >
> > On Mon, Oct 15, 2018 at 7:55 AM Andrea Cosentino
> > <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hello all,
> > > I think it's time to release 2.23.0 since we introduced some new stuff
> > and fixed some bugs.
> > > What do you think?
> > > Gregor, are you able to work on releasing Camel 2.23.0 by the end of
> > October/beginning of November?
> > > Thanks.
> > > --Andrea Cosentino ----------------------------------Apache Camel PMC
> > ChairApache Karaf CommitterApache Servicemix PMC MemberEmail:

There is a big work by Zoran around this, also some people asked for it on gitter.

--
Andrea Cosentino
----------------------------------

On Friday, November 16, 2018, 9:29:46 AM GMT+1, Onder SEZGIN <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]

>> [hidden email]> ha scritto:  Hi Everyone:
>>
>> Now that Spring Boot 2.1 was released and integrated with Camel on the
>> master branch, is it a good time to cutting a RC for Camel 2.23.0
>> already?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Gregor
>>
>> On Mon, Oct 15, 2018 at 7:55 AM Andrea Cosentino
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> >
>> > Hello all,
>> > I think it's time to release 2.23.0 since we introduced some new stuff
>> and fixed some bugs.
>> > What do you think?
>> > Gregor, are you able to work on releasing Camel 2.23.0 by the end of
>> October/beginning of November?
>> > Thanks.
>> > --Andrea Cosentino ----------------------------------Apache Camel PMC
>> ChairApache Karaf CommitterApache Servicemix PMC MemberEmail:

Ok, I've been looking at the missing issues for 2.23.0 and moved a bunch of them to future, 2.24.0 and 3.0.0

Actually we have 9 issues to do, most of them are only waiting for feedback from the assignees.

Please update the status accordingly and move ahead if it's the case.

--
Andrea Cosentino