Strategy to measure performance with ActiveMQ / Camel

Strategy to measure performance with ActiveMQ / Camel

Charles Moulliard
Hi,

I try to figure out what is the best strategy to measure performance (time
required to process each message in a camel route + time to produce /
consume messages) with a application using ActiveMq / Camel and running in
SMX4. More than 10.000 bytes messages/s are send through MINA to a camel
route, transformed and published in topic. Next another camel route consumed
the messages, validated them and send them to another topic.

When we send more than 15.000msg/s, the server SMX is blocked because we
reach a pick of 800Mb of memory (1GB available). So I would like to check in
the camel route or activemq where we consumed so much memory and the time
taken by each processor to process camel exchanges.

Regards,

Charles Moulliard

Senior Enterprise Architect (J2EE, .NET, SOA)
Apache Camel - Karaf - ServiceMix Committer
Blog : http://cmoulliard.blogspot.com |  Twitter :
http://twitter.com/cmoulliard
Linkedin : http://www.linkedin.com/in/charlesmoulliard | Skype: cmoulliard
Twitter : @cmoulliard, @fusenews