Unable to start Camel 1.5.0

asaksena1
Hi,

I'm trying to run the Camel Example "camel-example-spring-jms" (also at http://activemq.apache.org/camel/tutorial-jmsremoting.html).
However, when I try to start Camel using "org.apache.camel.spring.Main" class, I get the error saying

"Configuration problem: Unable to locate Spring NamespaceHandler for XML schema namespace [http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core]"

[Note: I'm able to run the example just fine when I use Maven command "mvn exec:java -PCamelServer" ]

Can someone please help me understand what might be causing this. A potential resolution hint will not hurt either :)

++++++ Error Stack +++++

Dec 4, 2008 12:45:01 PM org.apache.camel.util.MainSupport doStart
INFO: Apache Camel 1.5.0 starting
Dec 4, 2008 12:45:01 PM org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext prepareRefresh
INFO: Refreshing org.springframework.context.support.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext@1ac3c08: display name [org.springframework.context.support.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext@1ac3c08]; startup date [Thu Dec 04 12:45:01 EST 2008]; root of context hierarchy
Dec 4, 2008 12:45:01 PM org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader loadBeanDefinitions
INFO: Loading XML bean definitions from file [C:\dev\camel-example-spring-jms\bin\META-INF\spring\camel-server-aop.xml]
Dec 4, 2008 12:45:02 PM org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader loadBeanDefinitions
INFO: Loading XML bean definitions from file [C:\dev\camel-example-spring-jms\bin\META-INF\spring\camel-server.xml]
Dec 4, 2008 12:45:03 PM org.apache.camel.util.MainSupport run
SEVERE: Failed: org.springframework.beans.factory.parsing.BeanDefinitionParsingException: Configuration problem: Failed to import bean definitions from relative location [camel-server.xml]
Offending resource: file [C:\dev\camel-example-spring-jms\bin\META-INF\spring\camel-server-aop.xml]; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.parsing.BeanDefinitionParsingException: Configuration problem: Unable to locate Spring NamespaceHandler for XML schema namespace [http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core]

Offending resource: file [C:\dev\camel-example-spring-jms\bin\META-INF\spring\camel-server.xml]

org.springframework.beans.factory.parsing.BeanDefinitionParsingException: Configuration problem: Failed to import bean definitions from relative location [camel-server.xml]
Offending resource: file [C:\dev\camel-example-spring-jms\bin\META-INF\spring\camel-server-aop.xml]; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.parsing.BeanDefinitionParsingException: Configuration problem: Unable to locate Spring NamespaceHandler for XML schema namespace [http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core]
Offending resource: file [C:\dev\camel-example-spring-jms\bin\META-INF\spring\camel-server.xml]

        at org.springframework.beans.factory.parsing.FailFastProblemReporter.error(FailFastProblemReporter.java:68)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.parsing.ReaderContext.error(ReaderContext.java:85)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.parsing.ReaderContext.error(ReaderContext.java:76)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.importBeanDefinitionResource(DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.java:201)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.parseDefaultElement(DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.java:147)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.parseBeanDefinitions(DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.java:132)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.registerBeanDefinitions(DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.java:92)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.registerBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:507)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.doLoadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:398)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:342)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:310)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.java:143)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.java:178)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.java:149)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.java:212)
        at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractXmlApplicationContext.loadBeanDefinitions(AbstractXmlApplicationContext.java:113)
        at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractXmlApplicationContext.loadBeanDefinitions(AbstractXmlApplicationContext.java:80)
        at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractRefreshableApplicationContext.refreshBeanFactory(AbstractRefreshableApplicationContext.java:123)
        at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.obtainFreshBeanFactory(AbstractApplicationContext.java:423)
        at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:353)
        at org.springframework.context.support.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.<init>(ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.java:139)
        at org.springframework.context.support.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.<init>(ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.java:93)
        at org.apache.camel.spring.Main.createDefaultApplicationContext(Main.java:189)
        at org.apache.camel.spring.Main.doStart(Main.java:152)
        at org.apache.camel.impl.ServiceSupport.start(ServiceSupport.java:47)
        at org.apache.camel.util.MainSupport.run(MainSupport.java:121)
        at org.apache.camel.util.MainSupport.run(MainSupport.java:310)
        at org.apache.camel.spring.Main.main(Main.java:72)
++++++

Re: Unable to start Camel 1.5.0

Since it works with maven, are you sure you have the correct ,jars on
the classpath when you start it manually?
Ànd how do you start it manually?

/Claus Ibsen
Apache Camel Committer
Blog: http://davsclaus.blogspot.com/

On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 8:03 PM, asaksena1 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
>        at
> org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:353)
>        at
> org.springframework.context.support.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.<init>(ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.java:139)
>        at
> org.springframework.context.support.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.<init>(ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.java:93)
>        at
> org.apache.camel.spring.Main.createDefaultApplicationContext(Main.java:189)
>        at org.apache.camel.spring.Main.doStart(Main.java:152)
>        at org.apache.camel.impl.ServiceSupport.start(ServiceSupport.java:47)
>        at org.apache.camel.util.MainSupport.run(MainSupport.java:121)
>        at org.apache.camel.util.MainSupport.run(MainSupport.java:310)
>        at org.apache.camel.spring.Main.main(Main.java:72)

Re: Unable to start Camel 1.5.0

asaksena1
Hi Claus,

I have all the jars (from under <camel-root>/lib in my classpath.
First, I tried to run it from Eclipse and I thought may be I'm not running it right. So I tried to run it from the command prompt (as following) to get the same error as I did from Eclipse.

> java -cp C:\apache-camel-1.5.0\*;C:\apache-camel-1.5.0\lib\*; org.apache.camel.spring.Main

Claus Ibsen-2 wrote
Hi

On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 8:03 PM, asaksena1 <anurag.saksena@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
>        at
> org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:353)
>        at
> org.springframework.context.support.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.<init>(ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.java:139)
>        at
> org.springframework.context.support.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.<init>(ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.java:93)
>        at
> org.apache.camel.spring.Main.createDefaultApplicationContext(Main.java:189)
>        at org.apache.camel.spring.Main.doStart(Main.java:152)
>        at org.apache.camel.impl.ServiceSupport.start(ServiceSupport.java:47)
>        at org.apache.camel.util.MainSupport.run(MainSupport.java:121)
>        at org.apache.camel.util.MainSupport.run(MainSupport.java:310)
>        at org.apache.camel.spring.Main.main(Main.java:72)

Re: Unable to start Camel 1.5.0

Ah that's it. The Apache Camel distribution as the .zip file does not
contain all the dependencies.
Since you use camel-spring to start it you need to download and have
spring.jar in the classpath as well.

If you run this maven goal
mvn dependency:list

On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 9:06 PM, asaksena1 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
>>> org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:353)
>>>        at
>>> org.springframework.context.support.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.<init>(ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.java:139)
>>>        at
>>> org.springframework.context.support.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.<init>(ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.java:93)
>>>        at
>>> org.apache.camel.spring.Main.createDefaultApplicationContext(Main.java:189)
>>>        at org.apache.camel.spring.Main.doStart(Main.java:152)
>>>        at
>>> org.apache.camel.impl.ServiceSupport.start(ServiceSupport.java:47)
>>>        at org.apache.camel.util.MainSupport.run(MainSupport.java:121)
>>>        at org.apache.camel.util.MainSupport.run(MainSupport.java:310)
>>>        at org.apache.camel.spring.Main.main(Main.java:72)

Re: Unable to start Camel 1.5.0

You can also run
mvn eclipse:eclipse

And then it generates a eclipse project you can import into Eclipse
and it should get all the needed .jars.