Usage of CamelContext

Paul Fraser
Hi,

Just starting into Camel with Karaf and have a very basic question.

In a midsize project is the aim to create one camelcontext , some or many camelcontexts.

Thanks

Paul Fraser

Re: Usage of CamelContext

Paul Fraser
After diving into the docs, I find

"You typically have one CamelContext in an application"

So I suppose this answers my question right to the point:-)

Paul Fraser

On 1/08/2020 8:50 pm, Paul Fraser wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Just starting into Camel with Karaf and have a very basic question.
>
> In a midsize project is the aim to create one camelcontext , some or many camelcontexts.
>
> Thanks
>
> Paul Fraser

Re: Usage of CamelContext

Jeremy Ross

> Hey Paul,

I've yet to use multiple contexts in a single integration. But I've always
thought to myself that when I start running out of endpoint "namespace"
(since a context is basically a global namespace), then maybe that's a good
test for having multiple contexts.

Also, contexts can be individually managed, started/stopped, etc, which
could probably be useful in larger integrations.