[VOTE] Switch from Gitter to Zulip as official Camel chatroom

[VOTE] Switch from Gitter to Zulip as official Camel chatroom

lburgazzoli
Hi,

This is a vote to switch the official Camel chatroom from Gitter [1] to
Zulip [2].

For detail about the reason for the switch and discussion about
alternatives, please see the related thread on the @dev mailing list [3]. A
Zulip test instance you can join using GitHub, GitLab, Google or plain mail
is available [4], feel free to plain with it while the vote is open.

[ ] +1 To switch from Gitter to Zulip
[ ] -1 To Veto the switch (provide specific comments)

The vote is open for at least 72 hours.

Thank you for your participation,
Luca

[1] https://gitter.im
[2] https://zulipchat.com/
[3] https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/camel-dev/202008.mbox/browser
[4] https://camel-test.zulipchat.com

---
Luca Burgazzoli

Re: [VOTE] Switch from Gitter to Zulip as official Camel chatroom

Andrea Cosentino-3
+1

Il giorno lun 31 ago 2020 alle ore 08:45 Luca Burgazzoli <
[hidden email]> ha scritto:

> Hi,
>
> This is a vote to switch the official Camel chatroom from Gitter [1] to
> Zulip [2].
>
> For detail about the reason for the switch and discussion about
> alternatives, please see the related thread on the @dev mailing list [3]. A
> Zulip test instance you can join using GitHub, GitLab, Google or plain mail
> is available [4], feel free to plain with it while the vote is open.
>
> [ ] +1 To switch from Gitter to Zulip
> [ ] -1 To Veto the switch (provide specific comments)
>
> The vote is open for at least 72 hours.
>
> Thank you for your participation,
> Luca
>
> [1] https://gitter.im
> [2] https://zulipchat.com/
> [3]
> https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/camel-dev/202008.mbox/browser
> [4] https://camel-test.zulipchat.com
>

> ---
> Luca Burgazzoli

Re: [VOTE] Switch from Gitter to Zulip as official Camel chatroom

Nicola Ferraro
+1

On Mon, Aug 31, 2020 at 8:48 AM Andrea Cosentino <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1
>
> Il giorno lun 31 ago 2020 alle ore 08:45 Luca Burgazzoli <
> [hidden email]> ha scritto:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > This is a vote to switch the official Camel chatroom from Gitter [1] to
> > Zulip [2].
> >
> > For detail about the reason for the switch and discussion about
> > alternatives, please see the related thread on the @dev mailing list
> [3]. A
> > Zulip test instance you can join using GitHub, GitLab, Google or plain
> mail
> > is available [4], feel free to plain with it while the vote is open.
> >
> > [ ] +1 To switch from Gitter to Zulip
> > [ ] -1 To Veto the switch (provide specific comments)
> >
> > The vote is open for at least 72 hours.
> >
> > Thank you for your participation,
> > Luca
> >
> > [1] https://gitter.im
> > [2] https://zulipchat.com/
> > [3]
> > https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/camel-dev/202008.mbox/browser
> > [4] https://camel-test.zulipchat.com
> >

> > ---
> > Luca Burgazzoli

Re: [VOTE] Switch from Gitter to Zulip as official Camel chatroom

Otavio Rodolfo Piske
+1

Otavio R. Piske
http://orpiske.net

Re: [VOTE] Switch from Gitter to Zulip as official Camel chatroom

blanx
+1

- Đorđe Bajić

Re: [VOTE] Switch from Gitter to Zulip as official Camel chatroom

jbonofre
+0

I tested using camel-test.zulip, it’s fine, but I don’t see a huge value compared to Slack.

Regards
JB

On Mon, Aug 31, 2020 at 8:45 AM Luca Burgazzoli <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> This is a vote to switch the official Camel chatroom from Gitter [1] to
> Zulip [2].
>
> For detail about the reason for the switch and discussion about
> alternatives, please see the related thread on the @dev mailing list [3]. A
> Zulip test instance you can join using GitHub, GitLab, Google or plain mail
> is available [4], feel free to plain with it while the vote is open.
>
> [ ] +1 To switch from Gitter to Zulip
> [ ] -1 To Veto the switch (provide specific comments)
>
> The vote is open for at least 72 hours.
>
> Thank you for your participation,
> Luca
>
> [1] https://gitter.im
> [2] https://zulipchat.com/
> [3] https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/camel-dev/202008.mbox/browser
> [4] https://camel-test.zulipchat.com
>

> ---
> Luca Burgazzoli

Re: [VOTE] Switch from Gitter to Zulip as official Camel chatroom

Dmitry Volodin
+1

--
Best regards
Dmitry Volodin

пн, 31 авг. 2020 г., 09:45 Luca Burgazzoli <[hidden email]>:

> Hi,
>
> This is a vote to switch the official Camel chatroom from Gitter [1] to
> Zulip [2].
>
> For detail about the reason for the switch and discussion about
> alternatives, please see the related thread on the @dev mailing list [3]. A
> Zulip test instance you can join using GitHub, GitLab, Google or plain mail
> is available [4], feel free to plain with it while the vote is open.
>
> [ ] +1 To switch from Gitter to Zulip
> [ ] -1 To Veto the switch (provide specific comments)
>
> The vote is open for at least 72 hours.
>
> Thank you for your participation,
> Luca
>
> [1] https://gitter.im
> [2] https://zulipchat.com/
> [3]
> https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/camel-dev/202008.mbox/browser
> [4] https://camel-test.zulipchat.com
>

> ---
> Luca Burgazzoli

Re: [VOTE] Switch from Gitter to Zulip as official Camel chatroom

Peter Palaga
+1

-- P

On 31/08/2020 08:45, Luca Burgazzoli wrote:

> Hi,
>
> This is a vote to switch the official Camel chatroom from Gitter [1] to
> Zulip [2].
>
> For detail about the reason for the switch and discussion about
> alternatives, please see the related thread on the @dev mailing list [3]. A
> Zulip test instance you can join using GitHub, GitLab, Google or plain mail
> is available [4], feel free to plain with it while the vote is open.
>
> [ ] +1 To switch from Gitter to Zulip
> [ ] -1 To Veto the switch (provide specific comments)
>
> The vote is open for at least 72 hours.
>
> Thank you for your participation,
> Luca
>
> [1] https://gitter.im
> [2] https://zulipchat.com/
> [3] https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/camel-dev/202008.mbox/browser
> [4] https://camel-test.zulipchat.com
>

> ---
> Luca Burgazzoli

Re: [VOTE] Switch from Gitter to Zulip as official Camel chatroom

Ioannis Polyzos
+1

On Mon, 31 Aug 2020, 07:45 Luca Burgazzoli, <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> This is a vote to switch the official Camel chatroom from Gitter [1] to
> Zulip [2].
>
> For detail about the reason for the switch and discussion about
> alternatives, please see the related thread on the @dev mailing list [3]. A
> Zulip test instance you can join using GitHub, GitLab, Google or plain mail
> is available [4], feel free to plain with it while the vote is open.
>
> [ ] +1 To switch from Gitter to Zulip
> [ ] -1 To Veto the switch (provide specific comments)
>
> The vote is open for at least 72 hours.
>
> Thank you for your participation,
> Luca
>
> [1] https://gitter.im
> [2] https://zulipchat.com/
> [3]
> https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/camel-dev/202008.mbox/browser
> [4] https://camel-test.zulipchat.com
>

> ---
> Luca Burgazzoli

Re: [VOTE] Switch from Gitter to Zulip as official Camel chatroom

Omar Al-Safi
+1

On Mon, Aug 31, 2020 at 11:39 PM Ioannis Polyzos <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> +1
>
> On Mon, 31 Aug 2020, 07:45 Luca Burgazzoli, <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > This is a vote to switch the official Camel chatroom from Gitter [1] to
> > Zulip [2].
> >
> > For detail about the reason for the switch and discussion about
> > alternatives, please see the related thread on the @dev mailing list
> [3]. A
> > Zulip test instance you can join using GitHub, GitLab, Google or plain
> mail
> > is available [4], feel free to plain with it while the vote is open.
> >
> > [ ] +1 To switch from Gitter to Zulip
> > [ ] -1 To Veto the switch (provide specific comments)
> >
> > The vote is open for at least 72 hours.
> >
> > Thank you for your participation,
> > Luca
> >
> > [1] https://gitter.im
> > [2] https://zulipchat.com/
> > [3]
> > https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/camel-dev/202008.mbox/browser
> > [4] https://camel-test.zulipchat.com
> >

> > ---
> > Luca Burgazzoli

Re: [VOTE] Switch from Gitter to Zulip as official Camel chatroom

lburgazzoli
Thanks for your participation in this vote.

The vote passes with the following results:

+1 : 9 (Andrea Cosentino, Nicola Ferraro, Otavio Rodolfo Piske, Djordje
Bajić, Claus Ibsen, Dmitry Volodin, Peter Palaga, Ioannis Polyzos, Omar
Al-Safi)
+0 : 1 (Jean-Baptiste Onofre)

I am going to create an official organization camel.zulipchat.com

---
Luca Burgazzoli

On Mon, Sep 7, 2020 at 10:19 AM Omar Al-Safi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1
>
> On Mon, Aug 31, 2020 at 11:39 PM Ioannis Polyzos <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > +1
> >
> > On Mon, 31 Aug 2020, 07:45 Luca Burgazzoli, <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > This is a vote to switch the official Camel chatroom from Gitter [1] to
> > > Zulip [2].
> > >
> > > For detail about the reason for the switch and discussion about
> > > alternatives, please see the related thread on the @dev mailing list
> > [3]. A
> > > Zulip test instance you can join using GitHub, GitLab, Google or plain
> > mail
> > > is available [4], feel free to plain with it while the vote is open.
> > >
> > > [ ] +1 To switch from Gitter to Zulip
> > > [ ] -1 To Veto the switch (provide specific comments)
> > >
> > > The vote is open for at least 72 hours.
> > >
> > > Thank you for your participation,
> > > Luca
> > >
> > > [1] https://gitter.im
> > > [2] https://zulipchat.com/
> > > [3]
> > >
> https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/camel-dev/202008.mbox/browser
> > > [4] https://camel-test.zulipchat.com
> > >

> > > ---
> > > Luca Burgazzoli

Re: [VOTE] Switch from Gitter to Zulip as official Camel chatroom

lburgazzoli
Hi,

I've created a brand new Camel Zulip organization here:
https://camel.zulipchat.com
I've asked to upgrade it to the standard open source profile, I'll post
here when it will be ready but in the meantime you can join the new
organization.
I'll send an email to the mailing lists later today.

I'm now the only admin of that organization but I'll give admin rights to
every member of the Camel PMC so PMC members, ping me once joined so I know
what is the account associated with you.

Luca

---
Luca Burgazzoli