Why is ServerRoutes a java file?

asaksena1
For configuring simple Server Routes (if I'm not doing any transformation etc. using EIP)
e.g.
from("jms:queue:order").to("orderFinder");

Can we not have ServerRoutes and a simple xml configuration file? (or something similar)

Also, I reckon every time we make a change to ServerRoutes, we have to bounce the Camel Engine. Is there a way to get around it?

Thanks

-Anurag

Re: Why is ServerRoutes a java file?

jstrachan
2008/12/18 asaksena1 <[hidden email]>:

> For configuring simple Server Routes (if I'm not doing any transformation
> etc. using EIP)
> e.g.
> from("jms:queue:order").to("orderFinder");
>
> Can we not have ServerRoutes and a simple xml configuration file? (or
> something similar)

Sure - use whichever you prefer - Java, Scala or XML

> Also, I reckon every time we make a change to ServerRoutes, we have to
> bounce the Camel Engine. Is there a way to get around it?

Deploy your Spring XML document inside the ServiceMix Kernel which
will hot-reload on change to the XML and redeploy your EIP routes
dynamically
http://servicemix.apache.org/SMX4KNL/index.html

We should probably have a tutorial/demo somewhere showing this in action...

http://macstrac.blogspot.com/

Open Source Integration
http://fusesource.com/