advantages and disadvantages of using camel?

advantages and disadvantages of using camel?

jylaj
can somebody tell me what are the advantages and disadvantages of using camel?
what is better in camel than in other ESB?
thanks

Re: advantages and disadvantages of using camel?

jstrachan
On 8/16/07, jylaj <[hidden email]> wrote:

> can somebody tell me what are the advantages and disadvantages of using
> camel?

Advantages:

* its really simple to use & very powerful.

* it implements the enterprise integration patterns
http://activemq.apache.org/camel/enterprise-integration-patterns.html

* it has tons of components
http://activemq.apache.org/camel/components.html

* has great Spring and Bean integration
http://activemq.apache.org/camel/spring.html
http://activemq.apache.org/camel/bean-integration.html

Disadvantages:

* the camel API is not the same as the JAX-WS or JBI APIs; though
Camel integrates nicely with them

* camel is not a container; you run it inside one. So for a real ESB,
being able to hot deploy integration components and routing rules you
should look at using a real ESB like ServiceMix

> what is better in camel than in other ESB?

The domain specific language makes writing enterprise integration
patterns much simpler than any other ESBs - whether using XML or Java
code to write the routing rules.

Its also probably has the simplest way of configuring EIP and routing
rules as we implement this pattern...
http://activemq.apache.org/camel/inversion-of-control-with-smart-defaults.html

so its very quick to get started.

http://macstrac.blogspot.com/