camel-mail validation process

m.pampaloni
Hi everyone, I've been trying to write down a camel route that listens to a
mailbox and downloads the messages when needed... The problem is that the
server contains about 5k mails and it looks like a sort of validation
process takes place before the fetch.
 It takes a really long time to complete (probably evaluating 1-2 mail per
second). Is this really necessary? Is there a way to disable this behaviour?

I tried setting fetchSize and maxMessagesPerPoll to low values, but after
inspecting the code on github, it turned out that they both get used after
this "validation process". You can check this out here:
https://github.com/apache/camel/blob/master/components/camel-mail/src/main/java/org/apache/camel/component/mail/MailConsumer.java

At the end of the retrieveMessages method you can see a loop that scans the
retrieved messages, which is genetaring the previously described behaviour.

Can anybody help?

--
Marco Pampaloni