camel-rabbitmq : not able to publish messages

tsv

camel-rabbitmq : not able to publish messages

tsv
Greetings,

I am using camel-rabbitmq component to publish messages to rabbitmq broker. But I see my route opens a connection in rabbitmq server (viewed from rabbitmq web admin management console) but never creates a channel, exchange, queue and the message.

Here is my route config:
from("file:src/data?noop=true").to("rabbitmq://myhost.com:5672/camel.exchange?username=guest&password=guest&vhost=myvhost&queue=myqueue&routingKey=myqueue.key");

I am expecting the producer is going to declare the exchange (may be the default exchange type), and create the queue and publish the message. But it seems nothing is happening, just connection is opened and I don't see any errors in the debug log. Can anybody let me know what options in the config I am missing or what possibly is wrong in the route.

Camel version: 2.12.1
camel-rabbitmq component version: 2.12.1
RabbitMQ Server version: RabbitMQ 2.8.2 on Erlang R14B01
RabbitMQ Client version: 3.1.5
src/data folder has a xml file

Re: camel-rabbitmq : not able to publish messages

contactreji
Hey
What is the name of the queue?  And also try removing noop =true and let me know how it behaves

cheers
Reji

Reji Mathews Sr. Engineer - Middleware Integrations / SOA ( Open Source - Apache Camel & Jboss Fuse ESB | Mule ESB ) LinkedIn - http://in.linkedin.com/pub/reji-mathews/31/9a2/40a Twitter - reji_mathews

Re: camel-rabbitmq : not able to publish messages

contactreji
This post was updated on .

Test and  let me know how it behaves when you remove noop=true

Cheers
Reji

tsv

Re: camel-rabbitmq : not able to publish messages

tsv
Hi Reji,
The queue name is in the endpoint option '&queue=myqueue&'. By removing noop=true did not help, it’s behaving the same, rabbitmq connection is opened and no channel, exchange, queue or message is created. I even replaced RabbitMQ Client version to:2.8.2 from: 3.1.5 this also has no effect.

Is the camel-rabbitmq component support AMQP versions 0-9-1 or 0-9 or 0-8 or its just 1.0 or 0.10. As RabbitMQ will perform protocol negotiation with the clients implementing 0-9-1, 0-9 and 0-8 only.

Thanks,
tsv

Re: camel-rabbitmq : not able to publish messages

ceposta
Camel uses the rabbitmq libs, v3.1.3, so should support 0-9-1/0-9/0-8
protocols.

The camel producer will not create the exchange/queue.
Do you not see any exceptions in the log?

On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 8:53 AM, tsv <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Reji,
> The queue name is in the endpoint option '&queue=myqueue&'. By removing
> noop=true did not help, it’s behaving the same, rabbitmq connection is
> opened and no channel, exchange, queue or message is created. I even
> replaced RabbitMQ Client version to:2.8.2 from: 3.1.5 this also has no
> effect.
>
> Is the camel-rabbitmq component support AMQP versions 0-9-1 or 0-9 or 0-8
> or
> its just 1.0 or 0.10. As RabbitMQ will perform protocol negotiation with
> the
> clients implementing 0-9-1, 0-9 and 0-8 only.
>
> Thanks,
> tsv

*Christian Posta*
http://www.christianposta.com/blog