camel-undertow in Camel > 3.2

Gerald Kallas
Hi folks,

I was trying to setup a Blueprint route with undertow. In the documentation I saw

"The following components is no longer supported in OSGi and has been removed from the Camel Karaf features file: camel-undertow, ... ."

Does that finally mean that undertow could no longer be used in Camel Blueprint? Several things seem to be much easier with undertow than jetty ..

Best
- Gerald

Re: camel-undertow in Camel > 3.2

Andrea Cosentino-3
Hello,

Yes. The reason is here: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-14939

From 2.1.0 they won't support OSGi anymore and more and more third party
libraries are doing the same thing.

Il giorno mar 4 ago 2020 alle ore 12:04 Gerald Kallas
<[hidden email]> ha scritto:

> Hi folks,
>
> I was trying to setup a Blueprint route with undertow. In the
> documentation I saw
>
> "The following components is no longer supported in OSGi and has been
> removed from the Camel Karaf features file: camel-undertow, ... ."
>
> Does that finally mean that undertow could no longer be used in Camel
> Blueprint? Several things seem to be much easier with undertow than jetty ..
>
> Best
> - Gerald

Re: camel-undertow in Camel > 3.2

Gerald Kallas
Tx, Andrea. A pity :-/

A reason more that the servlet consumer basic auth gets working again, see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KARAF-6772

From Karaf 4.2.9 this doesn't work any longer due to some reasons.

> Andrea Cosentino <[hidden email]> hat am 04.08.2020 12:06 geschrieben:
>

> Hello,
>
> Yes. The reason is here: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-14939
>
> From 2.1.0 they won't support OSGi anymore and more and more third party
> libraries are doing the same thing.
>
> Il giorno mar 4 ago 2020 alle ore 12:04 Gerald Kallas
> <[hidden email]> ha scritto:
>
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > I was trying to setup a Blueprint route with undertow. In the
> > documentation I saw
> >
> > "The following components is no longer supported in OSGi and has been
> > removed from the Camel Karaf features file: camel-undertow, ... ."
> >
> > Does that finally mean that undertow could no longer be used in Camel
> > Blueprint? Several things seem to be much easier with undertow than jetty ..
> >
> > Best
> > - Gerald

Re: camel-undertow in Camel > 3.2

jbonofre

Sorry I’m late on the message. I think it makes sense to wrap (as private) the 3rd party lib in the component assembly bundle. That’s what I’ve started to do.

The problem is more than we (at Camel Karaf) should be a better job about the component.

I’m working on lot of refactoring and improvement on Camel Karaf to have a killer runtime. Some ways of packaging we did in the past were not accurate IMHO, and we should use a simpler/more efficient way.

Regards
JB