configuration property camel.springboot.xml-routes-reload-directory not respecting file: prefix

configuration property camel.springboot.xml-routes-reload-directory not respecting file: prefix

sarwar-bhuiyan
Hi there,

I’m using the reload routes feature and although it’s working if I set
camel.springboot.xml-routes-reload-directory to absolute path to a folder
it doesn’t seem to work if I prefix the path with file:

Whereas the property for camel.springboot.xml-routes takes classpath: or
file:

Am I getting something wrong?

Thanks.

Sarwar

Re: configuration property camel.springboot.xml-routes-reload-directory not respecting file: prefix

Its a directory and not a file, so you should not prefix with file or
classpath. And its loading from the file system (not classpath).
Its intended during development, and therefore loads from your source
code directories (and not classpath).

On Thu, Jan 10, 2019 at 4:11 PM Sarwar Bhuiyan <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I’m using the reload routes feature and although it’s working if I set
> camel.springboot.xml-routes-reload-directory to absolute path to a folder
> it doesn’t seem to work if I prefix the path with file:
>
> Whereas the property for camel.springboot.xml-routes takes classpath: or
> file:
>
> Am I getting something wrong?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Sarwar

Re: configuration property camel.springboot.xml-routes-reload-directory not respecting file: prefix

sarwar-bhuiyan
Do you not recommend this for production? The setup I have had some
separate xml based route files which I had outside of the application
(tomcat) and most of the core routes that don’t change inside java dsl.
It’s not a problem restarting the application but having the external
routes folder helped in that I didn’t need a code change for certain
changes.

On another note I was imagining if something like spring cloud
configuration could be made to hold certain route definitions externally
dynamically via (or something like that since spring cloud config only
supports key value pairs now and not whole files). Any thoughts on this? Or
is this a crazy idea?

Thanks.

Sarwar