Quantcast

example app to embed camel-web-console

fachhoch
I want to embed camel web console into my app  ,are there any examples ?,I tried adding

    <dependency>
      <groupId>org.apache.camel</groupId>
      <artifactId>camel-web</artifactId>
      <version>2.7.1</version>
      <type>war</type>
      <scope>runtime</scope>
    </dependency>

to my pom , it did not work ,do I need to add anything in my web.xml ?

Re: example app to embed camel-web-console

fachhoch
Atleast please guide how to embed apache-web-console in my app.
I tried adding the camel war dependency in my pom, maven added everything from the camelwar to my war when I tried accessing local host:8080 I got tomcat home page please guide how to integrate camel web console in my app

Re: example app to embed camel-web-console

taariq
Hi
So you hit tomcat, and there were no errors deploying?
Did you perhaps configure your IDE to deploy to a context root? If so you need to add that to the URL.
Also, did you manage to get the example app running from the maven archetype?
Follow this page carefully http://camel.apache.org/web-console.html

Taariq

On 22 Jun 2011, at 4:29 AM, fachhoch <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Atleast please guide how to embed apache-web-console in my app.
> I tried adding the camel war dependency in my pom, maven added everything
> from the camelwar to my war when I tried accessing local host:8080 I got
> tomcat home page please guide how to integrate camel web console in my app

Re: example app to embed camel-web-console

fachhoch
Thanks for the reply ,I emebdded camel war to my war project which I deploy using jetty-maven-plugin

,context root for my war is  artms ,please tell me   how to access camel  console , I mean what is  the url
my jetty runs on 8080 so I acces my application as localhost:8080/artms  what should be for camel ?

Re: example app to embed camel-web-console

taariq
I would expect the following to work.
http://localhost:8080/artms/routes <http://localhost:8080/routes>
http://localhost:8080/artms/endpoints <http://localhost:8080/endpoints>

On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 3:17 PM, fachhoch <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks for the reply ,I emebdded camel war to my war project which I deploy
> using jetty-maven-plugin
>
> ,context root for my war is  artms ,please tell me   how to access camel
> console , I mean what is  the url
> my jetty runs on 8080 so I acces my application as localhost:8080/artms
> what should be for camel ?

Re: example app to embed camel-web-console

Jon Anstey
Yeah, what Taariq suggested should work. Keep in mind that when you specify
camel-web as a dependency, the maven-jetty-plugin will overlay the camel
webconsole web app in your own web app and run it as one web app. You would
probably have to have multiple executions of the maven-jetty-plugin in your
pom to get both web apps to be independent.

On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 2:59 PM, Taariq Levack <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I would expect the following to work.
> http://localhost:8080/artms/routes <http://localhost:8080/routes>
> http://localhost:8080/artms/endpoints <http://localhost:8080/endpoints>
>
> On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 3:17 PM, fachhoch <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Thanks for the reply ,I emebdded camel war to my war project which I
> deploy
> > using jetty-maven-plugin
> >
> > ,context root for my war is  artms ,please tell me   how to access camel
> > console , I mean what is  the url
> > my jetty runs on 8080 so I acces my application as localhost:8080/artms
> > what should be for camel ?

Cheers,
Jon
---------------
FuseSource
Email: [hidden email]
Web: fusesource.com
Twitter: jon_anstey
Blog: http://janstey.blogspot.com
Author of Camel in Action: http://manning.com/ibsen

Re: example app to embed camel-web-console

fachhoch
I dont want both the apps to be independent , I  want to have camel web console in my app as a web resource, I tried http://localhost:8080/artms/routes  url it did not work ,
so to test it in simple way I created a a wicket quickstart project added camel-web-console as dependency.

this project is maven eclipse project it has jetty pluign .I  attached this project. Please help me run web-console in this.myproject.zip

this can  run using
mvn jetty:run

to access this in browser   http://localhost:8080/myproject/

Re: example app to embed camel-web-console

Jon Anstey
Instead of maven-jetty-plugin use the newer jetty-maven-plugin which does
overlay properly

      <plugin>
        <groupId>org.mortbay.jetty</groupId>
        <artifactId>jetty-maven-plugin</artifactId>
        <version>7.2.2.v20101205</version>
      </plugin>

since this is an overlay (2 WARs merged into 1), the web.xml file from the
Camel web console is overwritten by your web.xml file. I modified your
web.xml file to include Camel web console:

 version="2.4">

<display-name>myproject</display-name>

<context-param>
<param-value>
classpath:com/mycompany/applicationContext-camel.xml
</param-value>
</context-param>
 <!--
      There are three means to configure Wickets configuration mode and they
are
      tested in the order given.
      1) A system property: -Dwicket.configuration
      2) servlet specific <init-param>
      3) context specific <context-param>
      The value might be either "development" (reloading when templates
change)
      or "deployment". If no configuration is found, "development" is the
default.
-->

<filter>
<filter-name>wicket.myproject</filter-name>
  <filter-class>org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.WicketFilter</filter-class>
<init-param>
<param-name>applicationClassName</param-name>
<param-value>com.mycompany.WicketApplication</param-value>
  </init-param>
  </filter>

 <filter-mapping>
  <filter-name>wicket.myproject</filter-name>
<url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
 </filter-mapping>

<listener>
<listener-class>org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener</listener-class>
</listener>

  <filter>
    <filter-name>Jersey Filter</filter-name>

 <filter-class>com.sun.jersey.spi.spring.container.servlet.SpringServlet</filter-class>
    <init-param>

 <param-name>com.sun.jersey.config.property.resourceConfigClass</param-name>

 <param-value>org.apache.camel.web.util.CamelResourceConfig</param-value>
    </init-param>
    <init-param>

 <param-name>com.sun.jersey.config.feature.FilterForwardOn404</param-name>
      <param-value>true</param-value>
    </init-param>
    <!--
    TODO scrap this when we move to latest jersey: 1.4-ea05
    -->
    <init-param>

 <param-name>com.sun.jersey.config.property.WebPageContentRegex</param-name>
      <param-value>/(images|css|js)/.*</param-value>
    </init-param>
    <init-param>

 <param-name>com.sun.jersey.config.feature.ImplicitViewables</param-name>
      <param-value>true</param-value>
    </init-param>
    <init-param>
      <param-name>com.sun.jersey.config.feature.Trace</param-name>
      <param-value>true</param-value>
    </init-param>
    <init-param>
      <param-name>com.sun.jersey.config.feature.Redirect</param-name>
      <param-value>true</param-value>
    </init-param>
    <init-param>
      <param-name>com.sun.jersey.config.property.packages</param-name>
      <param-value>org.apache.camel.web:</param-value>
    </init-param>
    <init-param>

 <param-name>com.sun.jersey.config.property.WadlResourceUri</param-name>
      <param-value>/api</param-value>
    </init-param>
  </filter>

  <filter-mapping>
    <filter-name>Jersey Filter</filter-name>
    <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
  </filter-mapping>

  <servlet>
    <servlet-name>TemplateEngineServlet</servlet-name>

 <servlet-class>org.fusesource.scalate.servlet.TemplateEngineServlet</servlet-class>
    <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
  </servlet>

  <servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-name>TemplateEngineServlet</servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>*.mustache</url-pattern>
  </servlet-mapping>
  <servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-name>TemplateEngineServlet</servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>*.scaml</url-pattern>
  </servlet-mapping>
  <servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-name>TemplateEngineServlet</servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>*.ssp</url-pattern>
  </servlet-mapping>

  <error-page>
    <error-code>500</error-code>
    <location>/WEB-INF/scalate/errors/500.scaml</location>
  </error-page>
</web-app>

Your wicket app is at: http://localhost:8080/myproject/
Browse routes at: http://localhost:8080/routes

Cheers,
Jon

It worked well in the test application, I tried in my actual application  It failed with no such method error,  because   camel and my application both had the same jar with different version  , so what is the solution for this ?  I mean both wars might  have same jars  with differnt version and obviously it lead to probelms os how to what do you suggest ?

Re: example app to embed camel-web-console

Jon Anstey
Now it depends on what jar you are talking about but in general since a WAR
classloader is flat, you can't have two versions of the same class... so you
will either have to find some way of using the same version of this jar in
your application as Camel uses or separate this into 2 WARs.

On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 12:05 PM, fachhoch <[hidden email]> wrote:

> It worked well in the test application, I tried in my actual application
>  It
> failed with no such method error,  because   camel and my application both
> had the same jar with different version  , so what is the solution for this
> ?  I mean both wars might  have same jars  with differnt version and
> obviously it lead to probelms os how to what do you suggest ?

Cheers,
Jon
FuseSource
Email: [hidden email]
Web: fusesource.com
Twitter: jon_anstey
Blog: http://janstey.blogspot.com
Author of Camel in Action: http://manning.com/ibsen

Re: example app to embed camel-web-console

fachhoch
if I seperate this into two wars , ie one for my aplication and other camel war , how can camel war update  routes    from my application war ?