multiple consumers with ahc-ws component

multiple consumers with ahc-ws component

CASAUX Nicolas
Hello !

I have a requirement to open multiple websocket connections to an ActiveMQ broker.
As far as I understand, the only (?) Camel component for this is the ahc-ws component.

I managed to use it, however I can't open more than 1 connection to the ActiveMQ, because  I encounter a "already have a consumer" error on this endpoint when I try to open one more connection, which makes sense.
I already tried to use things like "from(ahc-ws://dummy)" and the Exchange.HTTP_URI header, but the component seems to ignore this header and it fails with a "java.net.UnknownHostException: (dummy)" error.

Any idea how could I achieve that ?

Thanks in advance!

Nicolas

Re: multiple consumers with ahc-ws component

There are a few other camel websocket components you can try also.

On Sat, Oct 17, 2020 at 1:19 AM CASAUX Nicolas
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello !
>
> I have a requirement to open multiple websocket connections to an ActiveMQ broker.
> As far as I understand, the only (?) Camel component for this is the ahc-ws component.
>
> I managed to use it, however I can't open more than 1 connection to the ActiveMQ, because  I encounter a "already have a consumer" error on this endpoint when I try to open one more connection, which makes sense.
> I already tried to use things like "from(ahc-ws://dummy)" and the Exchange.HTTP_URI header, but the component seems to ignore this header and it fails with a "java.net.UnknownHostException: (dummy)" error.
>
> Any idea how could I achieve that ?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Nicolas

RE: multiple consumers with ahc-ws component

CASAUX Nicolas
Hi Claus,

I'm trying another component like you suggested, the new vertex-websocket component.
I'm struggling with setting a stomp over websocket connection with the ActiveMQ.

Netty keeps saying this:
Caused by: io.netty.handler.codec.http.websocketx.WebSocketHandshakeException: Invalid subprotocol. Actual: stomp. Expected one of: null

I can't find where I could set-up the subprotocol value where I'd like to put "stomp", or "v12.stomp" etc...
I can see in Netty source code that there are constructors which takes this subprotocol as a parameter, but I can't find (if it's possible) where I could pass this value from Camel.
I looked into the vertxOptions of the component, but I couldn't find...

Any hint on this ?
Thanks !

Regards,
Nicolas

There are a few other camel websocket components you can try also.

On Sat, Oct 17, 2020 at 1:19 AM CASAUX Nicolas <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello !
>
> I have a requirement to open multiple websocket connections to an ActiveMQ broker.
> As far as I understand, the only (?) Camel component for this is the ahc-ws component.
>
> I managed to use it, however I can't open more than 1 connection to the ActiveMQ, because  I encounter a "already have a consumer" error on this endpoint when I try to open one more connection, which makes sense.
> I already tried to use things like "from(ahc-ws://dummy)" and the Exchange.HTTP_URI header, but the component seems to ignore this header and it fails with a "java.net.UnknownHostException: (dummy)" error.
>
> Any idea how could I achieve that ?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Nicolas

Re: multiple consumers with ahc-ws component

Claus Ibsen-2
On Mon, Oct 19, 2020 at 11:32 PM CASAUX Nicolas
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Claus,
>
> I'm trying another component like you suggested, the new vertex-websocket component.
> I'm struggling with setting a stomp over websocket connection with the ActiveMQ.
>
> Netty keeps saying this:
> Caused by: io.netty.handler.codec.http.websocketx.WebSocketHandshakeException: Invalid subprotocol. Actual: stomp. Expected one of: null
>
> I can't find where I could set-up the subprotocol value where I'd like to put "stomp", or "v12.stomp" etc...
> I can see in Netty source code that there are constructors which takes this subprotocol as a parameter, but I can't find (if it's possible) where I could pass this value from Camel.
> I looked into the vertxOptions of the component, but I couldn't find...
>
> Any hint on this ?
> Thanks !

Can you create a JIRA about this? And put in details where in netty
you found that place to put in sub protocol.
Then we can better help and find a solution for this, as it would be
great if the vertx based ws component would work with AMQ.

Thanks Claus, Jira is created! https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-15716