[ANNOUNCEMENT] Apache Camel 3.0.0 Released

[ANNOUNCEMENT] Apache Camel 3.0.0 Released

Gregor Zurowski-2
It's finally here - after four release candidates and three milestone
releases, the Camel community announces the immediate availability of
Camel 3.0.0, a new major release with over 1000 new features,
improvements and fixes.

Please read our migration guide [1] that describes how to upgrade
Camel 2.x applications to Camel 3.0.

The artifacts are published and ready for you to download [2] either
from the Apache mirrors or from the Central Maven repository. For more
details please take a look at the release notes [3, 4].

Many thanks to all who made this release possible.

On behalf of the Camel PMC,
Gregor Zurowski

[1] https://camel.apache.org/manual/latest/camel-3-migration-guide.html
[1] http://camel.apache.org/download.html
[2] https://camel.apache.org/blog/release-3-0-0.html
[3] https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12315691&projectId=12311211

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Apache Camel 3.0.0 Released

Omar Al-Safi
Very good news!

Thanks Gregor for pulling the release!

Regards,
Omar

On Thu, Nov 28, 2019 at 3:13 PM Gregor Zurowski <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> It's finally here - after four release candidates and three milestone
> releases, the Camel community announces the immediate availability of
> Camel 3.0.0, a new major release with over 1000 new features,
> improvements and fixes.
>
> Please read our migration guide [1] that describes how to upgrade
> Camel 2.x applications to Camel 3.0.
>
> The artifacts are published and ready for you to download [2] either
> from the Apache mirrors or from the Central Maven repository. For more
> details please take a look at the release notes [3, 4].
>
> Many thanks to all who made this release possible.
>
> On behalf of the Camel PMC,
> Gregor Zurowski
>
> [1] https://camel.apache.org/manual/latest/camel-3-migration-guide.html
> [1] http://camel.apache.org/download.html
> [2] https://camel.apache.org/blog/release-3-0-0.html
> [3]
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12315691&projectId=12311211

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Apache Camel 3.0.0 Released

Alex Dettinger
This is the kind of things we see only once in a decade ;)

Thanks all for making this possible,
Alex

On Thu, Nov 28, 2019 at 3:16 PM Omar Al-Safi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Very good news!
>
> Thanks Gregor for pulling the release!
>
> Regards,
> Omar
>
> On Thu, Nov 28, 2019 at 3:13 PM Gregor Zurowski <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > It's finally here - after four release candidates and three milestone
> > releases, the Camel community announces the immediate availability of
> > Camel 3.0.0, a new major release with over 1000 new features,
> > improvements and fixes.
> >
> > Please read our migration guide [1] that describes how to upgrade
> > Camel 2.x applications to Camel 3.0.
> >
> > The artifacts are published and ready for you to download [2] either
> > from the Apache mirrors or from the Central Maven repository. For more
> > details please take a look at the release notes [3, 4].
> >
> > Many thanks to all who made this release possible.
> >
> > On behalf of the Camel PMC,
> > Gregor Zurowski
> >
> > [1] https://camel.apache.org/manual/latest/camel-3-migration-guide.html
> > [1] http://camel.apache.org/download.html
> > [2] https://camel.apache.org/blog/release-3-0-0.html
> > [3]
> >
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12315691&projectId=12311211

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Apache Camel 3.0.0 Released

Grzegorz Grzybek
Congratulations!

Time to celebrate - amazing work!

regards
Grzegorz Grzybek

pt., 29 lis 2019 o 03:56 Tadayoshi Sato <[hidden email]>
napisał(a):

> Congratulations!  It's an epic release indeed!
>
> Thanks everyone for making it happen!
>
> Best regards,
> Tadayoshi
>
> On Thu, Nov 28, 2019 at 11:13 PM Gregor Zurowski <[hidden email]
> >
> wrote:
>
> > It's finally here - after four release candidates and three milestone
> > releases, the Camel community announces the immediate availability of
> > Camel 3.0.0, a new major release with over 1000 new features,
> > improvements and fixes.
> >
> > Please read our migration guide [1] that describes how to upgrade
> > Camel 2.x applications to Camel 3.0.
> >
> > The artifacts are published and ready for you to download [2] either
> > from the Apache mirrors or from the Central Maven repository. For more
> > details please take a look at the release notes [3, 4].
> >
> > Many thanks to all who made this release possible.
> >
> > On behalf of the Camel PMC,
> > Gregor Zurowski
> >
> > [1] https://camel.apache.org/manual/latest/camel-3-migration-guide.html
> > [1] http://camel.apache.org/download.html
> > [2] https://camel.apache.org/blog/release-3-0-0.html
> > [3]
> >
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12315691&projectId=12311211

> Tadayoshi Sato

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Apache Camel 3.0.0 Released

Andrea Cosentino-3
Hello,

I can answer to the question 2 and 3, because I still don't know the
planning for Camel in Action 3

For question 2:

We'll release version 2.24.3 as end release for 2.24.x line, we'll then
release a 2.25.0, which will be the last line for Camel 2.x, off course
we're planning to maintain this line and release minors for a while, before
stopping completely releasing Camel 2.

For Amazon Corretto, we didn't test Camel 3 on that, but it's just another
Java distribution, so it should work, but I repeat, we didn't test it on
that particular distribution. You can give us a first feedback.

Il giorno ven 29 nov 2019 alle ore 16:45 <[hidden email]>
ha scritto:

> Hi guys,
>

> I'm looking forward into working with the new version.
>
> Congratulations and respect for your hard work!
>

> But I do have some questions:
>
>   *   When will there be a "Camel in Action 3" book from Claus?
>   *   Since the migration is quite a task with all the changes, how long
> is there support for Version 2.x regarding security topics and so on?
>   *   We planned to switch to Amazon Corretto. Is this also possible?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> best regards
> Daniel

The groupId of the starters has been changed
from org.apache.camel to org.apache.camel.springboot

https://search.maven.org/search?q=g:org.apache.camel.springboot