ActiveMQ composite destination producer

Marco Crivellaro
Hi All,
I have a requirement to send the same message to 2 distinct destinations (a queue and a topic) on ActiveMQ and I would like to use the composite destination feature of ActiveMQ.
http://activemq.apache.org/composite-destinations.html

I've tried to setup the producer URI as follow:

<to uri="jms:queue:crive.test.1,topic:crive.test.2" />

the message is published on queue named "crive.test.1" and "topic:crive.test.2"
how can I configure the producer so that the message is produced on queue named "crive.test.1" and on topic named "crive.test.2"?

Thanks,
Marco

Re: ActiveMQ composite destination producer

ceposta
ActiveMQ producers cannot produce to composite destinations.
May be interested in using Camel's multicast component to accomplish this.

On Tue, Aug 6, 2013 at 9:03 AM, Marco Crivellaro <[hidden email]>wrote:

> Hi All,
> I have a requirement to send the same message to 2 distinct destinations (a
> queue and a topic) on ActiveMQ and I would like to use the composite
> destination feature of ActiveMQ.
> http://activemq.apache.org/composite-destinations.html
>
> I've tried to setup the producer URI as follow:
>
> <to uri="jms:queue:crive.test.1,topic:crive.test.2" />
>
> the message is published on queue named "crive.test.1" and
> "topic:crive.test.2"
> how can I configure the producer so that the message is produced on queue
> named "crive.test.1" and on topic named "crive.test.2"?
>
> Thanks,
> Marco

*Christian Posta*
http://www.christianposta.com/blog
twitter: @christianposta

Re: ActiveMQ composite destination producer

Marco Crivellaro
Thanks

The example I reported though is properly pushing 2 messages on the broker though. So it seems to work but not supporting a mix of topic and queue in the list.

correct me if I am wrong but using multicast is not exactly the same thing of using composite destinations,
if I've understood it correctly when we push to a composite destination it is the broker 'cloning' the message and publishing it in several destinations;
if we use multicast we'll basically produce and 2 (or more) distinct messages to the broker

looking forward for your comments

Re: ActiveMQ composite destination producer

ceposta
This might be what you're looking for.
Check out "Composite Destination" section on this wiki:

http://activemq.apache.org/virtual-destinations.html