Apache Camel 1.3.0-RC3 is out

hadrian
Another release candidate of apache camel is out.  There are 155 new
features, improvements and bug fixes in the apache-camel-1.3.0-RC3
release.  We believe this will actually become the official 1.3.0.
Please give it a try and let us know how it worked for you.

Please find the binary distribution here:
http://people.apache.org/~hadrian/apache-camel-1.3.0-RC3/maven2/

Million thanks to all the contributors,
Hadrian

Re: Apache Camel 1.3.0-RC3 is out

Hi Hadrian,

Since I didn't see any camel 1.3.0 RC3 merging log from the
[hidden email] mail list.
Can I know how did you merge the changes ? Or you just cut it from the
trunk.

Thanks,

Willem

Hadrian Zbarcea wrote:

> Another release candidate of apache camel is out.  There are 155 new
> features, improvements and bug fixes in the apache-camel-1.3.0-RC3
> release.  We believe this will actually become the official 1.3.0.
> Please give it a try and let us know how it worked for you.
>
> Please find the binary distribution here:
> http://people.apache.org/~hadrian/apache-camel-1.3.0-RC3/maven2/
>

> Million thanks to all the contributors,
> Hadrian

Re: Apache Camel 1.3.0-RC3 is out

davsclaus
Great.

I have started to move some unassigned JIRA tickets from 1.3 to 1.4 now that 1.3 is closing in as final.

There are about 8-10 assigned tickets target for 1.3. Could the assignees please update it to 1.4 if a patch is not imminent.

Now JIRA also looks like a 1.3 is nearly there ;)
FuseSource
Email: cibsen@fusesource.com

Re: Apache Camel 1.3.0-RC3 is out

jstrachan
On 27/03/2008, Hadrian Zbarcea <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Another release candidate of apache camel is out.  There are 155 new
>  features, improvements and bug fixes in the apache-camel-1.3.0-RC3
>  release.  We believe this will actually become the official 1.3.0.
>  Please give it a try and let us know how it worked for you.
>
>  Please find the binary distribution here:
>  http://people.apache.org/~hadrian/apache-camel-1.3.0-RC3/maven2/

Damn - the user guide isn't in the doc dir :(

I tried downloading the nightly distro
http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/apache/camel/apache-camel/1.3-SNAPSHOT/

and its not there either.

After some investigation it seems like its a bad princexml
installation causing the problem. I've updated the maven-html-to-pdf
plugin to be more explicit about the command line its running - so you
can fix the problem on the command line without having to run a full
build.

If running the Camel Manual moule you get something like...

28-Mar-2008 04:24:45 [INFO] Stored: /opt/​Bamboo-1.2.4/​xml-data/
build-dir/​CAMEL-ND/​tooling/​camel-manual/​target/​site/​manual/
camel-manual-1.3-SNAPSHOT.html
28-Mar-2008 04:24:45 [INFO] Converting to PDF with prince...
28-Mar-2008 04:24:56 [INFO] [prince] prince: internal error: no available fonts
28-Mar-2008 04:24:56 [ERROR] PDF Conversion failed due to return code: 1

Then thats the reason for the missing PDF.

The magic error message is: prince: internal error: no available fonts

this basically means there's no fonts installed. From this page...
http://www.princexml.com/doc/6.0/troubleshooting/#missing-fonts

it seems like we need to make sure we install msttcorefonts
http://www.princexml.com/doc/6.0/fonts/

to ensure the build works. These are the instructions to install fonts
on fedora apparently
http://www.fedorafaq.org/#installfonts

You can test the install by typing on the command line...

prince tooling/​camel-manual/​target/​site/​manual/
camel-manual-1.3-SNAPSHOT.html manual.pdf

and see if it works.

I wonder can you experiment on your box a bit and see if you can get
PrinceXML working please? We've got a great PDF user guide, it'd be
such a shame not to include it in the release.

http://macstrac.blogspot.com/

Open Source Integration
http://open.iona.com

Re: Apache Camel 1.3.0-RC3 is out

hadrian

Yes, it was cut from the trunk, Revision: 641896.  It the tests will
go ok and it passes the vote, I will create the tag and all.

Cheers,
Hadrian

On Mar 27, 2008, at 11:21 PM, Willem Jiang wrote:

> Hi Hadrian,
>
> Since I didn't see any camel 1.3.0 RC3 merging log from the [hidden email]
>  mail list.
> Can I know how did you merge the changes ? Or you just cut it from
> the trunk.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Willem
>
> Hadrian Zbarcea wrote:
>> Another release candidate of apache camel is out.  There are 155
>> new features, improvements and bug fixes in the apache-camel-1.3.0-
>> RC3 release.  We believe this will actually become the official
>> 1.3.0.  Please give it a try and let us know how it worked for you.
>>
>> Please find the binary distribution here:
>> http://people.apache.org/~hadrian/apache-camel-1.3.0-RC3/maven2/
>>

>> Million thanks to all the contributors,
>> Hadrian

Re: Apache Camel 1.3.0-RC3 is out

Guillaume Nodet
Administrator
Why don't you use the maven release plugin ? It does all the work afaik

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet
------------------------
Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/

Re: Apache Camel 1.3.0-RC3 is out

Jon Anstey
There is at least one reason why the maven-release-plugin won't work...
this SNAPSHOT dependency

<dependency>
  <groupId>org.apache.ftpserver</groupId>
  <artifactId>ftpserver-core</artifactId>
  <version>1.0-incubator-SNAPSHOT</version>
  <scope>test</scope>
</dependency>

in

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/activemq/camel/trunk/components/camel-ftp/pom.xml

Guillaume Nodet wrote:

> Why don't you use the maven release plugin ? It does all the work afaik
>
> On Fri, Mar 28, 2008 at 2:06 PM, Hadrian Zbarcea <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> Hi,
>>
>> Yes, it was cut from the trunk, Revision: 641896.  It the tests will
>> go ok and it passes the vote, I will create the tag and all.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Hadrian
>>

>> On Mar 27, 2008, at 11:21 PM, Willem Jiang wrote:
>>

>>> Hi Hadrian,
>>>
>>> Since I didn't see any camel 1.3.0 RC3 merging log from the
>>>
>> [hidden email]
>>
>>>  mail list.
>>> Can I know how did you merge the changes ? Or you just cut it from
>>> the trunk.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Willem

Re: Apache Camel 1.3.0-RC3 is out

Guillaume Nodet
Administrator
-1

Releasing a project with a SNAPSHOT is a *really* bad idea.
ActiveMQ 5 has been released with a dependency, and it already cause
troubles.
If there is no release for this artifact, then i suggest to make a
pseudo-release of it labelled with the revision number used to build it, put
it on a private repo for activemq, and use that one.

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet
------------------------
Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/

Re: Apache Camel 1.3.0-RC3 is out

jstrachan
Agreed - though this is just a testing dependency - we should maybe
cut our own distro as a temporary workaround (or just disable the
tests?)

On 28/03/2008, Guillaume Nodet <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
>  > >>> Willem
>  > >>>
>  > >>> Hadrian Zbarcea wrote:
>  > >>>
>  > >>>> Another release candidate of apache camel is out.  There are 155
>  > >>>> new features, improvements and bug fixes in the apache-camel-1.3.0-
>  > >>>> RC3 release.  We believe this will actually become the official
>  > >>>> 1.3.0.  Please give it a try and let us know how it worked for you.
>  > >>>>
>  > >>>> Please find the binary distribution here:
>  > >>>> http://people.apache.org/~hadrian/apache-camel-1.3.0-RC3/maven2/<http://people.apache.org/%7Ehadrian/apache-camel-1.3.0-RC3/maven2/>
>  > <http://people.apache.org/%7Ehadrian/apache-camel-1.3.0-RC3/maven2/>
>  > >>>>
>  > >>>>
>  > >>>> Million thanks to all the contributors,

Open Source Integration
http://open.iona.com

Apache Camel 1.3.0-RC4 is out

hadrian
A new apache-camel-1.3.0-RC4 is out with more I's dotted and T
crossed.  Thank you all for your fantastic effort and attention to
details!  There are a record 192 new features, improvements and bug
fixes in this release.

Please find the distro here: http://people.apache.org/~hadrian/apache-camel-1.3.0-RC4/maven2/

I believe all the issues blocking this release are solved, so I think
this RC is ready to be voted the official 1.3.0 release.  So here's my
+1.

Thanks
Hadrian

Re: Apache Camel 1.3.0-RC4 is out

davsclaus
Administrator
+1

On 31/03/2008, Hadrian Zbarcea <[hidden email]> wrote:
> A new apache-camel-1.3.0-RC4 is out with more I's dotted and T
>  crossed.

Great! :)

>  I believe all the issues blocking this release are solved, so I think
>  this RC is ready to be voted the official 1.3.0 release.  So here's my
>  +1.

Its good to start a thread with [VOTE] in the subject to get folks
attention so they actually vote :)

I'll spin up a separate thread for the vote...

http://macstrac.blogspot.com/

Open Source Integration
http://open.iona.com

Re: Apache Camel 1.3.0-RC4 is out

jstrachan
I've hacked up some release notes btw - feel free to enhance if I've
missed something off
http://cwiki.apache.org/CAMEL/camel-130-release.html

On 31/03/2008, Hadrian Zbarcea <[hidden email]> wrote:

> A new apache-camel-1.3.0-RC4 is out with more I's dotted and T
>  crossed.  Thank you all for your fantastic effort and attention to
>  details!  There are a record 192 new features, improvements and bug
>  fixes in this release.
>
>  Please find the distro here: http://people.apache.org/~hadrian/apache-camel-1.3.0-RC4/maven2/
>
>  I believe all the issues blocking this release are solved, so I think
>  this RC is ready to be voted the official 1.3.0 release.  So here's my
>  +1.
>
>  Thanks
>
> Hadrian

http://macstrac.blogspot.com/