Apache Camel 3.0-RC3

I think it would be good to get one more and last RC out before we go GA.

There has been some work since RC2 that is needed for especially Camel
K and Camel Quarkus.
And of course other changes that we have implemented as well.

So if we could get a RC3 out by end of this month, then that gives
some time for us to stabilize the last bits and get Camel 3 in really
good shape for GA ... such as end of November. And to give the RC3
test spins on JDK 8 and 11 and also on various runtimes like Karaf,
Spring Boot, Camel Main, and whatnot.

The website and documentation also needs some polishing and final
touches to make it just even better when we launch Camel 3 and
announces it around on the internet.

Re: Apache Camel 3.0-RC3

lburgazzoli
+1

---
Luca Burgazzoli

On Fri, Oct 11, 2019 at 1:20 PM Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I think it would be good to get one more and last RC out before we go GA.
>
> There has been some work since RC2 that is needed for especially Camel
> K and Camel Quarkus.
> And of course other changes that we have implemented as well.
>
> So if we could get a RC3 out by end of this month, then that gives
> some time for us to stabilize the last bits and get Camel 3 in really
> good shape for GA ... such as end of November. And to give the RC3
> test spins on JDK 8 and 11 and also on various runtimes like Karaf,
> Spring Boot, Camel Main, and whatnot.
>
> The website and documentation also needs some polishing and final
> touches to make it just even better when we launch Camel 3 and
> announces it around on the internet.

Re: Apache Camel 3.0-RC3

+1,

For the website I already started polishing some stuff and the user manual.

Il giorno ven 11 ott 2019 alle ore 13:20 Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]>
ha scritto:

> Hi
>
> I think it would be good to get one more and last RC out before we go GA.
>
> There has been some work since RC2 that is needed for especially Camel
> K and Camel Quarkus.
> And of course other changes that we have implemented as well.
>
> So if we could get a RC3 out by end of this month, then that gives
> some time for us to stabilize the last bits and get Camel 3 in really
> good shape for GA ... such as end of November. And to give the RC3
> test spins on JDK 8 and 11 and also on various runtimes like Karaf,
> Spring Boot, Camel Main, and whatnot.
>
> The website and documentation also needs some polishing and final
> touches to make it just even better when we launch Camel 3 and
> announces it around on the internet.

Re: Apache Camel 3.0-RC3

omarsmak
+1

On Fri, 11 Oct 2019 at 13:31, Andrea Cosentino <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1,
>
> For the website I already started polishing some stuff and the user manual.
>
> Il giorno ven 11 ott 2019 alle ore 13:20 Claus Ibsen <
> [hidden email]>
> ha scritto:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > I think it would be good to get one more and last RC out before we go GA.
> >
> > There has been some work since RC2 that is needed for especially Camel
> > K and Camel Quarkus.
> > And of course other changes that we have implemented as well.
> >
> > So if we could get a RC3 out by end of this month, then that gives
> > some time for us to stabilize the last bits and get Camel 3 in really
> > good shape for GA ... such as end of November. And to give the RC3
> > test spins on JDK 8 and 11 and also on various runtimes like Karaf,
> > Spring Boot, Camel Main, and whatnot.
> >
> > The website and documentation also needs some polishing and final
> > touches to make it just even better when we launch Camel 3 and
> > announces it around on the internet.
> >

> > --
> > Claus Ibsen
> > -----------------
> > http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus

Re: Apache Camel 3.0-RC3

jbonofre
+1

Regards
JB

On 11/10/2019 13:10, Claus Ibsen wrote:

> Hi
>
> I think it would be good to get one more and last RC out before we go GA.
>
> There has been some work since RC2 that is needed for especially Camel
> K and Camel Quarkus.
> And of course other changes that we have implemented as well.
>
> So if we could get a RC3 out by end of this month, then that gives
> some time for us to stabilize the last bits and get Camel 3 in really
> good shape for GA ... such as end of November. And to give the RC3
> test spins on JDK 8 and 11 and also on various runtimes like Karaf,
> Spring Boot, Camel Main, and whatnot.
>
> The website and documentation also needs some polishing and final
> touches to make it just even better when we launch Camel 3 and
> announces it around on the internet.

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
[hidden email]
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: Apache Camel 3.0-RC3

+1.

Willem Jiang

Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: 姜宁willem

On Fri, Oct 11, 2019 at 7:20 PM Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I think it would be good to get one more and last RC out before we go GA.
>
> There has been some work since RC2 that is needed for especially Camel
> K and Camel Quarkus.
> And of course other changes that we have implemented as well.
>
> So if we could get a RC3 out by end of this month, then that gives
> some time for us to stabilize the last bits and get Camel 3 in really
> good shape for GA ... such as end of November. And to give the RC3
> test spins on JDK 8 and 11 and also on various runtimes like Karaf,
> Spring Boot, Camel Main, and whatnot.
>
> The website and documentation also needs some polishing and final
> touches to make it just even better when we launch Camel 3 and
> announces it around on the internet.

Re: Apache Camel 3.0-RC3

Gregor Zurowski-2
+1

On Fri, Oct 11, 2019, 7:20 AM Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I think it would be good to get one more and last RC out before we go GA.
>
> There has been some work since RC2 that is needed for especially Camel
> K and Camel Quarkus.
> And of course other changes that we have implemented as well.
>
> So if we could get a RC3 out by end of this month, then that gives
> some time for us to stabilize the last bits and get Camel 3 in really
> good shape for GA ... such as end of November. And to give the RC3
> test spins on JDK 8 and 11 and also on various runtimes like Karaf,
> Spring Boot, Camel Main, and whatnot.
>
> The website and documentation also needs some polishing and final
> touches to make it just even better when we launch Camel 3 and
> announces it around on the internet.

Re: Apache Camel 3.0-RC3

Just a lille status update.

There is a couple of tickets on camel-main that needs a bit
improvement which I will get working on today.

And I think Alex works on some of the last bits for JUnit 5 support,
so we have both junit4 and junit5 modules.

And then Spring Boot 2.2 just came in. I think it would be good to
have it upgraded as well as end users will quickly ask for support of
latest SB release.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/CAMEL/issues/CAMEL-14075

Otherwise then I think the branch starts to look great for a RC3.
And in the mean time we get the usual bunch of bug fixes, improvements
and whatnot from community users and ourselves.

On Fri, Oct 11, 2019 at 1:10 PM Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I think it would be good to get one more and last RC out before we go GA.
>
> There has been some work since RC2 that is needed for especially Camel
> K and Camel Quarkus.
> And of course other changes that we have implemented as well.
>
> So if we could get a RC3 out by end of this month, then that gives
> some time for us to stabilize the last bits and get Camel 3 in really
> good shape for GA ... such as end of November. And to give the RC3
> test spins on JDK 8 and 11 and also on various runtimes like Karaf,
> Spring Boot, Camel Main, and whatnot.
>
> The website and documentation also needs some polishing and final
> touches to make it just even better when we launch Camel 3 and
> announces it around on the internet.

Re: Apache Camel 3.0-RC3

Andrea Cosentino-3
+1, I'll have a look at the Spring Boot update

Il giorno gio 17 ott 2019 alle ore 09:05 Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]>
ha scritto:

> Hi
>
> Just a lille status update.
>
> There is a couple of tickets on camel-main that needs a bit
> improvement which I will get working on today.
>
> And I think Alex works on some of the last bits for JUnit 5 support,
> so we have both junit4 and junit5 modules.
>
> And then Spring Boot 2.2 just came in. I think it would be good to
> have it upgraded as well as end users will quickly ask for support of
> latest SB release.
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/CAMEL/issues/CAMEL-14075
>
> Otherwise then I think the branch starts to look great for a RC3.
> And in the mean time we get the usual bunch of bug fixes, improvements
> and whatnot from community users and ourselves.
>

> On Fri, Oct 11, 2019 at 1:10 PM Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi
> >
> > I think it would be good to get one more and last RC out before we go GA.
> >
> > There has been some work since RC2 that is needed for especially Camel
> > K and Camel Quarkus.
> > And of course other changes that we have implemented as well.
> >
> > So if we could get a RC3 out by end of this month, then that gives
> > some time for us to stabilize the last bits and get Camel 3 in really
> > good shape for GA ... such as end of November. And to give the RC3
> > test spins on JDK 8 and 11 and also on various runtimes like Karaf,
> > Spring Boot, Camel Main, and whatnot.
> >
> > The website and documentation also needs some polishing and final
> > touches to make it just even better when we launch Camel 3 and
> > announces it around on the internet.
> >

> > --
> > Claus Ibsen
> > -----------------
> > http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus

Re: Apache Camel 3.0-RC3

Okay so things start to fall into pieces and it would in fact be good
to get RC3 out sooner than expected.
There are 2 JIRA tickets which I am working on and will get merged to
master tomorrow morning. (they are marked against 3.0.RC3).
Other outstanding tickets was moved to later (spring boot 2.2 upgrade
is more complex).

Then after that I think the branch is ready to go.

Gregor if you by any chance have time to build a RC soon then let us known.

On Fri, Oct 11, 2019 at 1:10 PM Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I think it would be good to get one more and last RC out before we go GA.
>
> There has been some work since RC2 that is needed for especially Camel
> K and Camel Quarkus.
> And of course other changes that we have implemented as well.
>
> So if we could get a RC3 out by end of this month, then that gives
> some time for us to stabilize the last bits and get Camel 3 in really
> good shape for GA ... such as end of November. And to give the RC3
> test spins on JDK 8 and 11 and also on various runtimes like Karaf,
> Spring Boot, Camel Main, and whatnot.
>
> The website and documentation also needs some polishing and final
> touches to make it just even better when we launch Camel 3 and
> announces it around on the internet.

Re: Apache Camel 3.0-RC3

Andrea Cosentino-3
Yeah, I agree. Thanks Gregor for your time!

Il gio 17 ott 2019, 21:23 Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> ha scritto:

> Hi
>
> Okay so things start to fall into pieces and it would in fact be good
> to get RC3 out sooner than expected.
> There are 2 JIRA tickets which I am working on and will get merged to
> master tomorrow morning. (they are marked against 3.0.RC3).
> Other outstanding tickets was moved to later (spring boot 2.2 upgrade
> is more complex).
>
> Then after that I think the branch is ready to go.
>
> Gregor if you by any chance have time to build a RC soon then let us known.
>

> On Fri, Oct 11, 2019 at 1:10 PM Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi
> >
> > I think it would be good to get one more and last RC out before we go GA.
> >
> > There has been some work since RC2 that is needed for especially Camel
> > K and Camel Quarkus.
> > And of course other changes that we have implemented as well.
> >
> > So if we could get a RC3 out by end of this month, then that gives
> > some time for us to stabilize the last bits and get Camel 3 in really
> > good shape for GA ... such as end of November. And to give the RC3
> > test spins on JDK 8 and 11 and also on various runtimes like Karaf,
> > Spring Boot, Camel Main, and whatnot.
> >
> > The website and documentation also needs some polishing and final
> > touches to make it just even better when we launch Camel 3 and
> > announces it around on the internet.
> >

> > --
> > Claus Ibsen
> > -----------------
> > http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus

Re: Apache Camel 3.0-RC3

Gregor Zurowski-2
I will be able to cut the release this Sunday. If this blocks us in any
way, I can take the RC off of any specific commit on Sunday so everyone can
continue to make (even more complex) changes on master.

Thanks,
Gregor

On Thu, Oct 17, 2019, 3:23 PM Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Okay so things start to fall into pieces and it would in fact be good
> to get RC3 out sooner than expected.
> There are 2 JIRA tickets which I am working on and will get merged to
> master tomorrow morning. (they are marked against 3.0.RC3).
> Other outstanding tickets was moved to later (spring boot 2.2 upgrade
> is more complex).
>
> Then after that I think the branch is ready to go.
>
> Gregor if you by any chance have time to build a RC soon then let us known.
>

> On Fri, Oct 11, 2019 at 1:10 PM Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi
> >
> > I think it would be good to get one more and last RC out before we go GA.
> >
> > There has been some work since RC2 that is needed for especially Camel
> > K and Camel Quarkus.
> > And of course other changes that we have implemented as well.
> >
> > So if we could get a RC3 out by end of this month, then that gives
> > some time for us to stabilize the last bits and get Camel 3 in really
> > good shape for GA ... such as end of November. And to give the RC3
> > test spins on JDK 8 and 11 and also on various runtimes like Karaf,
> > Spring Boot, Camel Main, and whatnot.
> >
> > The website and documentation also needs some polishing and final
> > touches to make it just even better when we launch Camel 3 and
> > announces it around on the internet.
> >

> > --
> > Claus Ibsen
> > -----------------
> > http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus

Re: Apache Camel 3.0-RC3

Claus Ibsen-2
Hi Gregor

That sounds good.
The master branch is ready for the RC3 build.

The rat check passes and the CS has been fixed also.

On Fri, Oct 18, 2019 at 1:01 AM Gregor Zurowski
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I will be able to cut the release this Sunday. If this blocks us in any
> way, I can take the RC off of any specific commit on Sunday so everyone can
> continue to make (even more complex) changes on master.
>
> Thanks,
> Gregor
>

> On Thu, Oct 17, 2019, 3:23 PM Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > Okay so things start to fall into pieces and it would in fact be good
> > to get RC3 out sooner than expected.
> > There are 2 JIRA tickets which I am working on and will get merged to
> > master tomorrow morning. (they are marked against 3.0.RC3).
> > Other outstanding tickets was moved to later (spring boot 2.2 upgrade
> > is more complex).
> >
> > Then after that I think the branch is ready to go.
> >
> > Gregor if you by any chance have time to build a RC soon then let us known.
> >

> > On Fri, Oct 11, 2019 at 1:10 PM Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi
> > >
> > > I think it would be good to get one more and last RC out before we go GA.
> > >
> > > There has been some work since RC2 that is needed for especially Camel
> > > K and Camel Quarkus.
> > > And of course other changes that we have implemented as well.
> > >
> > > So if we could get a RC3 out by end of this month, then that gives
> > > some time for us to stabilize the last bits and get Camel 3 in really
> > > good shape for GA ... such as end of November. And to give the RC3
> > > test spins on JDK 8 and 11 and also on various runtimes like Karaf,
> > > Spring Boot, Camel Main, and whatnot.
> > >
> > > The website and documentation also needs some polishing and final
> > > touches to make it just even better when we launch Camel 3 and
> > > announces it around on the internet.
> > >

> > > --
> > > Claus Ibsen
> > > -----------------
> > > http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus
> > > Camel in Action 2: https://www.manning.com/ibsen2
> >

> > --
> > Claus Ibsen
> > -----------------
> > http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus

Re: Apache Camel 3.0-RC3

There was a build issue in the docs which I have fixed now. So the
master branch should build 100% now.

On Sat, Oct 19, 2019 at 8:56 PM Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Gregor
>
> That sounds good.
> The master branch is ready for the RC3 build.
>
> The rat check passes and the CS has been fixed also.
>
> On Fri, Oct 18, 2019 at 1:01 AM Gregor Zurowski
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > I will be able to cut the release this Sunday. If this blocks us in any
> > way, I can take the RC off of any specific commit on Sunday so everyone can
> > continue to make (even more complex) changes on master.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Gregor
> >

> > On Thu, Oct 17, 2019, 3:23 PM Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi
> > >
> > > Okay so things start to fall into pieces and it would in fact be good
> > > to get RC3 out sooner than expected.
> > > There are 2 JIRA tickets which I am working on and will get merged to
> > > master tomorrow morning. (they are marked against 3.0.RC3).
> > > Other outstanding tickets was moved to later (spring boot 2.2 upgrade
> > > is more complex).
> > >
> > > Then after that I think the branch is ready to go.
> > >
> > > Gregor if you by any chance have time to build a RC soon then let us known.

> > > --
> > > Claus Ibsen
> > > http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus
> > > Camel in Action 2: https://www.manning.com/ibsen2

Re: Apache Camel 3.0-RC3

Gregor Zurowski-2
Thanks for the update. I will start working on the RC now.

Thanks,
Gregor