Apache Camel 3.2 - Roadmap

12

Apache Camel 3.2 - Roadmap

We have 2-3 weeks IMHO to get the last bits done for the 3.2.0 release.
Camel 3.2 is ETA for April 2020.

The roadmap are currently (not limited to)

1)
Move karaf to camel-karaf as sub-project

2)
Separate model and runtime

3)
Reduce footprint of Camel in static/closed-world runtimes such as
graalvm, camel-quarkus, camel-k - such as the immutable camel context,
and reduce classes on classpath for dead-code elimination and what
else.

4)
Optimize camel-core some more

5)
Build process of documentation and restructure improvements (david jenks)

6)
Unify and make it easier to do custom component configuration across
runtimes (CAMEL-14672)

7)
Simplify rest-dsl configuration to be only one configuration (CAMEL-13844)

8)
Add missing option descriptions (reported by SB but can be general -
CAMEL-14565)

Any thoughts?

Re: Apache Camel 3.2 - Roadmap

Andrea Cosentino-3
I think we need to describe better the release process, so we can rotate a
bit.

Il giorno mar 17 mar 2020 alle ore 09:42 Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]>
ha scritto:

> Hi
>
> We have 2-3 weeks IMHO to get the last bits done for the 3.2.0 release.
> Camel 3.2 is ETA for April 2020.
>
> The roadmap are currently (not limited to)
>
> 1)
> Move karaf to camel-karaf as sub-project
>
> 2)
> Separate model and runtime
>
> 3)
> Reduce footprint of Camel in static/closed-world runtimes such as
> graalvm, camel-quarkus, camel-k - such as the immutable camel context,
> and reduce classes on classpath for dead-code elimination and what
> else.
>
> 4)
> Optimize camel-core some more
>
> 5)
> Build process of documentation and restructure improvements (david jenks)
>
> 6)
> Unify and make it easier to do custom component configuration across
> runtimes (CAMEL-14672)
>
> 7)
> Simplify rest-dsl configuration to be only one configuration (CAMEL-13844)
>
> 8)
> Add missing option descriptions (reported by SB but can be general -
> CAMEL-14565)
>

> Any thoughts?

Re: Apache Camel 3.2 - Roadmap

lburgazzoli
I've started working on https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-14738,
hope to have it ready by the end of the week.

---
Luca Burgazzoli

On Tue, Mar 17, 2020 at 10:33 AM Andrea Cosentino <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I think we need to describe better the release process, so we can rotate a
> bit.
>
> Il giorno mar 17 mar 2020 alle ore 09:42 Claus Ibsen <
> [hidden email]>
> ha scritto:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > We have 2-3 weeks IMHO to get the last bits done for the 3.2.0 release.
> > Camel 3.2 is ETA for April 2020.
> >
> > The roadmap are currently (not limited to)
> >
> > 1)
> > Move karaf to camel-karaf as sub-project
> >
> > 2)
> > Separate model and runtime
> >
> > 3)
> > Reduce footprint of Camel in static/closed-world runtimes such as
> > graalvm, camel-quarkus, camel-k - such as the immutable camel context,
> > and reduce classes on classpath for dead-code elimination and what
> > else.
> >
> > 4)
> > Optimize camel-core some more
> >
> > 5)
> > Build process of documentation and restructure improvements (david jenks)
> >
> > 6)
> > Unify and make it easier to do custom component configuration across
> > runtimes (CAMEL-14672)
> >
> > 7)
> > Simplify rest-dsl configuration to be only one configuration
> (CAMEL-13844)
> >
> > 8)
> > Add missing option descriptions (reported by SB but can be general -
> > CAMEL-14565)
> >

> > Any thoughts?
> >
> > --
> > Claus Ibsen
> > -----------------
> > http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus

Re: Apache Camel 3.2 - Roadmap

jbonofre
Hi,

From my side, I started to work on "camel-karat" isolation.

Regards
JB

> Le 19 mars 2020 à 09:55, Luca Burgazzoli <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> I've started working on https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-14738,
> hope to have it ready by the end of the week.
>
> ---
> Luca Burgazzoli
>

> On Tue, Mar 17, 2020 at 10:33 AM Andrea Cosentino <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I think we need to describe better the release process, so we can rotate a
>> bit.
>>
>> Il giorno mar 17 mar 2020 alle ore 09:42 Claus Ibsen <
>> [hidden email]>
>> ha scritto:
>>
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> We have 2-3 weeks IMHO to get the last bits done for the 3.2.0 release.
>>> Camel 3.2 is ETA for April 2020.
>>>
>>> The roadmap are currently (not limited to)
>>>
>>> 1)
>>> Move karaf to camel-karaf as sub-project
>>>
>>> 2)
>>> Separate model and runtime
>>>
>>> 3)
>>> Reduce footprint of Camel in static/closed-world runtimes such as
>>> graalvm, camel-quarkus, camel-k - such as the immutable camel context,
>>> and reduce classes on classpath for dead-code elimination and what
>>> else.
>>>
>>> 4)
>>> Optimize camel-core some more
>>>
>>> 5)
>>> Build process of documentation and restructure improvements (david jenks)
>>>
>>> 6)
>>> Unify and make it easier to do custom component configuration across
>>> runtimes (CAMEL-14672)
>>>
>>> 7)
>>> Simplify rest-dsl configuration to be only one configuration
>> (CAMEL-13844)
>>>
>>> 8)
>>> Add missing option descriptions (reported by SB but can be general -
>>> CAMEL-14565)
>>>

>>> Any thoughts?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Claus Ibsen
>>> -----------------
>>> http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus
>>> Camel in Action 2: https://www.manning.com/ibsen2

Re: Apache Camel 3.2 - Roadmap

Andrea Cosentino-3
Can you please push a branch? So we can work together next week?

Il gio 19 mar 2020, 18:29 Jean-Baptiste Onofre <[hidden email]> ha scritto:

> Hi,
>
> From my side, I started to work on "camel-karat" isolation.
>
> Regards
> JB
>
> > Le 19 mars 2020 à 09:55, Luca Burgazzoli <[hidden email]> a
> écrit :
> >
> > I've started working on
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-14738,
> > hope to have it ready by the end of the week.
> >
> > ---
> > Luca Burgazzoli
> >

> > On Tue, Mar 17, 2020 at 10:33 AM Andrea Cosentino <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> >> I think we need to describe better the release process, so we can
> rotate a
> >> bit.
> >>
> >> Il giorno mar 17 mar 2020 alle ore 09:42 Claus Ibsen <
> >> [hidden email]>

> jenks)

> >> (CAMEL-13844)

Re: Apache Camel 3.2 - Roadmap

Its been a week so lets re-cap a summary of where we are on the 3.2 roadmap.
Comments inline

On Tue, Mar 17, 2020 at 9:42 AM Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi
>
> We have 2-3 weeks IMHO to get the last bits done for the 3.2.0 release.
> Camel 3.2 is ETA for April 2020.
>
> The roadmap are currently (not limited to)
>
> 1)
> Move karaf to camel-karaf as sub-project

Work in progress. We would likely get the last bits done this week.

> 2)
> Separate model and runtime

gnodet has been doing some work on this and pushed a bunch of commits today.

> 3)
> Reduce footprint of Camel in static/closed-world runtimes such as
> graalvm, camel-quarkus, camel-k - such as the immutable camel context,
> and reduce classes on classpath for dead-code elimination and what
> else.

gnodet has been doing some work on this and pushed a bunch of commits today.

> 4)
> Optimize camel-core some more

i was on a path to do some more optimizatations but hit a corner, so
the work sits in a local branch.

> 5)
> Build process of documentation and restructure improvements (david jenks)

David is working hard on this.

> 6)
> Unify and make it easier to do custom component configuration across
> runtimes (CAMEL-14672)

Work not started

> 7)
> Simplify rest-dsl configuration to be only one configuration (CAMEL-13844)

Done

> 8)
> Add missing option descriptions (reported by SB but can be general -
> CAMEL-14565)

Work not started

> Any thoughts?

Also for the camel-karaf sub project we need to add it to the website
as a menu option just like the others.
And also have it in the components list of the components it support
(like for spring boot etc).

Re: Apache Camel 3.2 - Roadmap

Okay I think it would be good to see if we at end of next week could
be ready to cut the Camel 3.2.0 release.

Gregor is you are listening would you have time to help cut the
release around that time?

On Wed, Mar 25, 2020 at 7:10 PM Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Its been a week so lets re-cap a summary of where we are on the 3.2 roadmap.
> Comments inline
>
> On Tue, Mar 17, 2020 at 9:42 AM Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi
> >
> > We have 2-3 weeks IMHO to get the last bits done for the 3.2.0 release.
> > Camel 3.2 is ETA for April 2020.
> >
> > The roadmap are currently (not limited to)
> >
> > 1)
> > Move karaf to camel-karaf as sub-project
> >

> Work in progress. We would likely get the last bits done this week.
>

> > 2)
> > Separate model and runtime
> >

> gnodet has been doing some work on this and pushed a bunch of commits today.
>
> > 3)
> > Reduce footprint of Camel in static/closed-world runtimes such as
> > graalvm, camel-quarkus, camel-k - such as the immutable camel context,
> > and reduce classes on classpath for dead-code elimination and what
> > else.
> >

> gnodet has been doing some work on this and pushed a bunch of commits today.
>
> > 4)
> > Optimize camel-core some more
> >

> i was on a path to do some more optimizatations but hit a corner, so
> the work sits in a local branch.
>

> > 5)
> > Build process of documentation and restructure improvements (david jenks)
> >

> David is working hard on this.
>
> > 6)
> > Unify and make it easier to do custom component configuration across
> > runtimes (CAMEL-14672)
> >

> Work not started
>
> > 7)
> > Simplify rest-dsl configuration to be only one configuration (CAMEL-13844)
> >

> Done
>
> > 8)
> > Add missing option descriptions (reported by SB but can be general -
> > CAMEL-14565)
> >

> Work not started
>

> > Any thoughts?
> >

> Also for the camel-karaf sub project we need to add it to the website
> as a menu option just like the others.
> And also have it in the components list of the components it support
> (like for spring boot etc).
>

> > --
> > Claus Ibsen
> > -----------------
> > http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus

Re: Apache Camel 3.2 - Roadmap

Andrea Cosentino-3
And Gregor, this time we'll try the dryRun of the release ahead of time to
be sure everything works fine :-)

Thanks

Il giorno gio 26 mar 2020 alle ore 17:16 Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]>
ha scritto:

> [...]
> jenks)
> > >

> > David is working hard on this.
> >
> > > 6)
> > > Unify and make it easier to do custom component configuration across
> > > runtimes (CAMEL-14672)
> > >

> > Work not started
> >
> > > 7)
> > > Simplify rest-dsl configuration to be only one configuration
> (CAMEL-13844)
> > >

> > Done
> >
> > > 8)
> > > Add missing option descriptions (reported by SB but can be general -
> > > CAMEL-14565)
> > >

> > Work not started
> >

> > > Any thoughts?
> > >

> > Also for the camel-karaf sub project we need to add it to the website
> > as a menu option just like the others.
> > And also have it in the components list of the components it support

for the camel-karaf repo I mean :-)

Il giorno gio 26 mar 2020 alle ore 17:17 Andrea Cosentino <[hidden email]>
ha scritto:

> And Gregor, this time we'll try the dryRun of the release ahead of time to
> be sure everything works fine :-)
>
> Thanks
>
> Il giorno gio 26 mar 2020 alle ore 17:16 Claus Ibsen <
> [hidden email]> ha scritto:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> Okay I think it would be good to see if we at end of next week could
>> be ready to cut the Camel 3.2.0 release.
>>
>> Gregor is you are listening would you have time to help cut the
>> release around that time?
>>
>> On Wed, Mar 25, 2020 at 7:10 PM Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>> >
>> > Hi
>> >
>> > Its been a week so lets re-cap a summary of where we are on the 3.2
>> roadmap.
>> > Comments inline

>> release.

>> > Work in progress. We would likely get the last bits done this week.

>> > gnodet has been doing some work on this and pushed a bunch of commits
>> today.

>> > gnodet has been doing some work on this and pushed a bunch of commits
>> today.

>> > i was on a path to do some more optimizatations but hit a corner, so
>> > the work sits in a local branch.

>> jenks)
>> > >

>> > David is working hard on this.

>> > Work not started

>> (CAMEL-13844)
>> > >

>> > Done

>> > Work not started

>> > Also for the camel-karaf sub project we need to add it to the website
>> > as a menu option just like the others.
>> > And also have it in the components list of the components it support
>> > (like for spring boot etc).

>> > --
>> > Claus Ibsen
>> > -----------------
>> > http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus
>> > Camel in Action 2: https://www.manning.com/ibsen2
>>

>> --
>> Claus Ibsen
>> -----------------
>> http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus

Re: Apache Camel 3.2 - Roadmap

jbonofre
Hi,

Just updating the repo to work on it. I will ping Andrea to move forward on this.

Regards
JB

> Le 26 mars 2020 à 17:17, Andrea Cosentino <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> for the camel-karaf repo I mean :-)
>
> Il giorno gio 26 mar 2020 alle ore 17:17 Andrea Cosentino <[hidden email]>
> ha scritto:
>
>> And Gregor, this time we'll try the dryRun of the release ahead of time to
>> be sure everything works fine :-)
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Il giorno gio 26 mar 2020 alle ore 17:16 Claus Ibsen <
>> [hidden email]> ha scritto:
>>
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> Okay I think it would be good to see if we at end of next week could
>>> be ready to cut the Camel 3.2.0 release.
>>>
>>> Gregor is you are listening would you have time to help cut the
>>> release around that time?

>>> roadmap.

>>> release.

>>> today.

>>> today.

>>> jenks)

>>> (CAMEL-13844)

>>> --
>>> Claus Ibsen
>>> -----------------
>>> http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus
>>> Camel in Action 2: https://www.manning.com/ibsen2

Re: Apache Camel 3.2 - Roadmap

Andrea Cosentino-3
We almost finish the migration JB, but yeah let me know.

Il gio 26 mar 2020, 17:21 Jean-Baptiste Onofre <[hidden email]> ha scritto:

> Hi,
>
> Just updating the repo to work on it. I will ping Andrea to move forward
> on this.
>
> Regards
> JB
>
> > Le 26 mars 2020 à 17:17, Andrea Cosentino <[hidden email]> a écrit :
> >
> > for the camel-karaf repo I mean :-)
> >
> > Il giorno gio 26 mar 2020 alle ore 17:17 Andrea Cosentino <
> [hidden email]>
> > ha scritto:
> >
> >> And Gregor, this time we'll try the dryRun of the release ahead of time
> >> be sure everything works fine :-)
> >>
> >> Thanks

> context,

Re: Apache Camel 3.2 - Roadmap

Gregor Zurowski-2
Hi Everybody:

Yes, I'll be available to cut the release.

Thanks,
Gregor

On Thu, Mar 26, 2020 at 5:16 PM Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Okay I think it would be good to see if we at end of next week could
> be ready to cut the Camel 3.2.0 release.
>
> Gregor is you are listening would you have time to help cut the
> release around that time?
>
> On Wed, Mar 25, 2020 at 7:10 PM Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi
> >
> > Its been a week so lets re-cap a summary of where we are on the 3.2 roadmap.
> > Comments inline
> >
> > On Tue, Mar 17, 2020 at 9:42 AM Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi
> > >
> > > We have 2-3 weeks IMHO to get the last bits done for the 3.2.0 release.
> > > Camel 3.2 is ETA for April 2020.
> > >
> > > The roadmap are currently (not limited to)
> > >
> > > 1)
> > > Move karaf to camel-karaf as sub-project
> > >

> > Work in progress. We would likely get the last bits done this week.
> >

> > > 2)
> > > Separate model and runtime
> > >

> > gnodet has been doing some work on this and pushed a bunch of commits today.
> >
> > > 3)
> > > Reduce footprint of Camel in static/closed-world runtimes such as
> > > graalvm, camel-quarkus, camel-k - such as the immutable camel context,
> > > and reduce classes on classpath for dead-code elimination and what
> > > else.
> > >

> > gnodet has been doing some work on this and pushed a bunch of commits today.
> >
> > > 4)
> > > Optimize camel-core some more
> > >

> > i was on a path to do some more optimizatations but hit a corner, so
> > the work sits in a local branch.
> >

> > > 5)
> > > Build process of documentation and restructure improvements (david jenks)
> > >

> > David is working hard on this.
> >
> > > 6)
> > > Unify and make it easier to do custom component configuration across
> > > runtimes (CAMEL-14672)
> > >

> > Work not started
> >
> > > 7)
> > > Simplify rest-dsl configuration to be only one configuration (CAMEL-13844)
> > >

> > Done
> >
> > > 8)
> > > Add missing option descriptions (reported by SB but can be general -
> > > CAMEL-14565)
> > >

> > Work not started
> >

> > > Any thoughts?
> > >

> > Also for the camel-karaf sub project we need to add it to the website
> > as a menu option just like the others.
> > And also have it in the components list of the components it support
> > (like for spring boot etc).
> >

> > > --
> > > Claus Ibsen
> > > -----------------
> > > http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus
> > > Camel in Action 2: https://www.manning.com/ibsen2
> >

> > --
> > Claus Ibsen
> > -----------------
> > http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus

Re: Apache Camel 3.2 - Roadmap

Gregor Zurowski-2
Hi Everyone:

Just wanted to check whether we have everything ready for cutting the
3.2.0 release?

Thanks,
Gregor

On Fri, Mar 27, 2020 at 10:11 AM Gregor Zurowski
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Everybody:
>
> Yes, I'll be available to cut the release.
>
> Thanks,
> Gregor
>
> On Thu, Mar 26, 2020 at 5:16 PM Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi
> >
> > Okay I think it would be good to see if we at end of next week could
> > be ready to cut the Camel 3.2.0 release.
> >
> > Gregor is you are listening would you have time to help cut the
> > release around that time?
> >
> > On Wed, Mar 25, 2020 at 7:10 PM Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi
> > >
> > > Its been a week so lets re-cap a summary of where we are on the 3.2 roadmap.
> > > Comments inline

> > > Work in progress. We would likely get the last bits done this week.

> > > gnodet has been doing some work on this and pushed a bunch of commits today.

> > > gnodet has been doing some work on this and pushed a bunch of commits today.

> > > i was on a path to do some more optimizatations but hit a corner, so
> > > the work sits in a local branch.

> > > David is working hard on this.

> > > Work not started

> > > Done

> > > Work not started

> > > Also for the camel-karaf sub project we need to add it to the website
> > > as a menu option just like the others.
> > > And also have it in the components list of the components it support
> > > (like for spring boot etc).

> > > --
> > > Claus Ibsen
> > > -----------------
> > > http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus
> > > Camel in Action 2: https://www.manning.com/ibsen2
> >

> > --
> > Claus Ibsen
> > -----------------
> > http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus

Re: Apache Camel 3.2 - Roadmap

Andrea Cosentino-3
No, we still need to remove stuff from the main repo and moving to
camel-karaf one.. I'll finish this week I guess..

Thanks a lot Gregor!

Il dom 29 mar 2020, 13:05 Gregor Zurowski <[hidden email]> ha
scritto:

> Hi Everyone:
>
> Just wanted to check whether we have everything ready for cutting the
> 3.2.0 release?
>
> Thanks,
> Gregor
>
> On Fri, Mar 27, 2020 at 10:11 AM Gregor Zurowski
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Everybody:
> >
> > Yes, I'll be available to cut the release.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Gregor
> >
> > On Thu, Mar 26, 2020 at 5:16 PM Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi
> > >
> > > Okay I think it would be good to see if we at end of next week could
> > > be ready to cut the Camel 3.2.0 release.
> > >
> > > Gregor is you are listening would you have time to help cut the
> > > release around that time?

> roadmap.

> release.

> commits today.

> context,

> commits today.

> jenks)

> across

> (CAMEL-13844)

> -

> > > --
> > > Claus Ibsen
> > > -----------------
> > > http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus
> > > Camel in Action 2: https://www.manning.com/ibsen2

Re: Apache Camel 3.2 - Roadmap

Gregor Zurowski-2
Hi Andrea,

Thanks for your fast response. I'll be available for the cutting the
release any time next week.

Thanks,
Gregor

On Sun, Mar 29, 2020 at 1:07 PM Andrea Cosentino <[hidden email]> wrote:

> No, we still need to remove stuff from the main repo and moving to
> camel-karaf one.. I'll finish this week I guess..
>
> Thanks a lot Gregor!
>
> Il dom 29 mar 2020, 13:05 Gregor Zurowski <[hidden email]> ha
> scritto:
>
> > Hi Everyone:
> >
> > Just wanted to check whether we have everything ready for cutting the
> > 3.2.0 release?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Gregor
> >
> > On Fri, Mar 27, 2020 at 10:11 AM Gregor Zurowski
> > <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi Everybody:
> > >
> > > Yes, I'll be available to cut the release.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Gregor

> > roadmap.

> > release.

> > commits today.

> > context,

> > commits today.

> > jenks)

> > across

> > (CAMEL-13844)

> > -

Re: Apache Camel 3.2 - Roadmap

Andrea Cosentino-3
Let's try to sync up and see if the camel-karaf structure is ok for
releasing..

Il dom 29 mar 2020, 13:10 Gregor Zurowski <[hidden email]> ha
scritto:

> Hi Andrea,
>
> Thanks for your fast response. I'll be available for the cutting the
> release any time next week.
>
> Thanks,
> Gregor
>
> On Sun, Mar 29, 2020 at 1:07 PM Andrea Cosentino <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > No, we still need to remove stuff from the main repo and moving to
> > camel-karaf one.. I'll finish this week I guess..
> >
> > Thanks a lot Gregor!
> >
> > Il dom 29 mar 2020, 13:05 Gregor Zurowski <[hidden email]> ha
> > scritto:
> >
> > > Hi Everyone:
> > >
> > > Just wanted to check whether we have everything ready for cutting the
> > > 3.2.0 release?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Gregor

> could

> 3.2
> > > roadmap.

> [hidden email]>

> > > release.

> week.

> > > commits today.

> as
> > > context,
> what

> > > commits today.

> corner, so

> (david
> > > jenks)

> > > across

> > > (CAMEL-13844)

> general
> > > -

> website
> support

Re: Apache Camel 3.2 - Roadmap

Hi Gregor

Thanks for standing by.

Yeah we need to finish up at least

- move remainder karaf bits to camel-karaf
- update examples (maven gav etc) and ensure they work after these changes
- finish up the lifecycle change start -> init (CAMEL-14805) to fixup
the CI test errors
- fix remainder CI test errors
- remove JMX remote connector (security related) colm has a patch for this
- add camel karaf to website
- separate avro into dataformt and prc (needs to update spring boot starters)

On Sun, Mar 29, 2020 at 1:10 PM Gregor Zurowski
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Andrea,
>
> Thanks for your fast response. I'll be available for the cutting the
> release any time next week.
>
> Thanks,
> Gregor
>
> On Sun, Mar 29, 2020 at 1:07 PM Andrea Cosentino <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > No, we still need to remove stuff from the main repo and moving to
> > camel-karaf one.. I'll finish this week I guess..
> >
> > Thanks a lot Gregor!
> >
> > Il dom 29 mar 2020, 13:05 Gregor Zurowski <[hidden email]> ha
> > scritto:
> >
> > > Hi Everyone:
> > >
> > > Just wanted to check whether we have everything ready for cutting the
> > > 3.2.0 release?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Gregor

> > > roadmap.

> > > release.

> > > commits today.

> > > context,

> > > commits today.

> > > jenks)

> > > across

> > > (CAMEL-13844)

> > > -

Re: Apache Camel 3.2 - Roadmap

Just an update that we are almost ready. We are tidying up the last
bits, but fingers crossed that it will be done today.
So stay ready Gregor ;)

On Sun, Mar 29, 2020 at 3:05 PM Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Gregor
>
> Thanks for standing by.
>
> Yeah we need to finish up at least
>
> - move remainder karaf bits to camel-karaf
> - update examples (maven gav etc) and ensure they work after these changes
> - finish up the lifecycle change start -> init (CAMEL-14805) to fixup
> the CI test errors
> - fix remainder CI test errors
> - remove JMX remote connector (security related) colm has a patch for this
> - add camel karaf to website
> - separate avro into dataformt and prc (needs to update spring boot starters)
>

> On Sun, Mar 29, 2020 at 1:10 PM Gregor Zurowski
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Andrea,
> >
> > Thanks for your fast response. I'll be available for the cutting the
> > release any time next week.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Gregor
> >
> > On Sun, Mar 29, 2020 at 1:07 PM Andrea Cosentino <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > >
> > > No, we still need to remove stuff from the main repo and moving to
> > > camel-karaf one.. I'll finish this week I guess..
> > >
> > > Thanks a lot Gregor!

Re: Apache Camel 3.2 - Roadmap

Okay we are almost ready, there is one thing we need to do in terms of
modularization

Otherwise the CI tests look good and camel-spring-boot and camel-karaf
are also ready to go.

On Tue, Mar 31, 2020 at 9:59 AM Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Just an update that we are almost ready. We are tidying up the last
> bits, but fingers crossed that it will be done today.
> So stay ready Gregor ;)
>

> On Sun, Mar 29, 2020 at 3:05 PM Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Gregor
> >
> > Thanks for standing by.
> >
> > Yeah we need to finish up at least
> >
> > - move remainder karaf bits to camel-karaf
> > - update examples (maven gav etc) and ensure they work after these changes
> > - finish up the lifecycle change start -> init (CAMEL-14805) to fixup
> > the CI test errors
> > - fix remainder CI test errors
> > - remove JMX remote connector (security related) colm has a patch for this
> > - add camel karaf to website
> > - separate avro into dataformt and prc (needs to update spring boot starters)
> >

> > On Sun, Mar 29, 2020 at 1:10 PM Gregor Zurowski
> > <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi Andrea,
> > >
> > > Thanks for your fast response. I'll be available for the cutting the
> > > release any time next week.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Gregor

> > --
> > Claus Ibsen
> > http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus

Re: Apache Camel 3.2 - Roadmap

Andrea Cosentino-2
Gregor, can we do a dryRun on camel-karaf just to be sure everything is ok? Maybe before we start the release cut avoiding surprises.

Thanks!

--
Andrea Cosentino

Hi