Camel.2.14.1 with Karaf 2.4.1

Bengt Rodehav
I'm upgrading our integration platform regarding Camel and Karaf versions.
We are moving from Karaf 2.3.4 to Karaf 2.4.1 and from Camel 2.13.2 to
Camel 2.14.1. The reason why I didn't pick the latest version of Camel
(2.14.2) is that I looked at what the latest version of ServiceMix (5.4.0)
used. It usually helps if someone has gotten the versions to work together
already.

However, I run into problems when packaging my application using the
features-maven-plugin. It cannot resolve the "camel-spring" feature. This
is because it requires the "spring" feature with version 3.2.4. This used
to be included in Karaf 2.3.4 but isn't anymore.

I'm not sure how this is supposed to work. The Camel feature file requires
the spring 3.2.4 feature to be supplied by "someone" - but not by Camel.
Who then will supply that feature if Karaf doesn't? I'm curious to know how
people normally handles this when running Camel in Karaf.

/Bengt

Re: Camel.2.14.1 with Karaf 2.4.1

Bengt Rodehav
To answer my own question. I just noticed that Karaf has a new feature
descriptor for spring where all the spring features resided. I added this
to the configuration of features-maven-plugin and got it to work.

Karaf provides version 3.2.11 of Spring and not 3.2.4 that Camel requires
but it seems to be accepted anyway. I guess it's an open version range that
requires any 3.2 version but at least 3.2.4.

/Bengt