Camel Delayer EIP query

gilboy
Hi

If I have the following route:

from("activemq:b").delay(10000).to("mock:result");

I understand that the message will be delayed 10 seconds before being delivered to mock:result.

However, trying to understand does the message get taken from the queue and stored in memory until the 10 seconds has elapsed or does it wait 10 seconds before taking the message from the queue.

Thanks
Joe

Re: Camel Delayer EIP query

Claus Ibsen-2
The first, take of queue and wait in memory.

Camel in Action 2nd edition: http://www.manning.com/ibsen2