Camel File consumer and messages with the same file name

Camel File consumer and messages with the same file name

Matthias Hryniszak
Hi there,

I've got a configuration problem with ActiveMQ and Camel routing. Here's my route:

<route>
  <from uri="file:///C:/Input?delete=true"/>
  <convertBodyTo type="java.lang.String"/>
  <to uri="activemq:weather-info"/>
</route>

Everything works fine until the file names are not duplicated. When the duplication starts (and it starts after an hour because the files I receive are named that way) nothing else gets processed. Unfortunately I have no control over the generation of file names because it is an external system that generates them.

I'm using ActiveMQ 5.2.0 as-is from the Apache ActiveMQ download site (meaning with Camel 1.5.0).

Thanks in advance,
Matthias.

Re: Camel File consumer and messages with the same file name

Can you try the latest released Camel 1.6.1 ?
There are some improvement about the file component since Camel 1.5.

Willem

padcom wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I've got a configuration problem with ActiveMQ and Camel routing. Here's my
> route:
>
> <route>
>   <from uri="file:///C:/Input?delete=true"/>
>   <convertBodyTo type="java.lang.String"/>
>   <to uri="activemq:weather-info"/>
> </route>
>
> Everything works fine until the file names are not duplicated. When the
> duplication starts (and it starts after an hour because the files I receive
> are named that way) nothing else gets processed. Unfortunately I have no
> control over the generation of file names because it is an external system
> that generates them.
>
> I'm using ActiveMQ 5.2.0 as-is from the Apache ActiveMQ download site
> (meaning with Camel 1.5.0).
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Matthias.

Re: Camel File consumer and messages with the same file name

Matthias Hryniszak
Not really - the setup is pretty much complete and the only thing I'm allowed to change at this moment is the activemq.xml.

willem.jiang wrote
Hi,

padcom wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I've got a configuration problem with ActiveMQ and Camel routing. Here's my
> route:
>
> <route>
>   <from uri="file:///C:/Input?delete=true"/>
>   <convertBodyTo type="java.lang.String"/>
>   <to uri="activemq:weather-info"/>
> </route>
>
> Everything works fine until the file names are not duplicated. When the
> duplication starts (and it starts after an hour because the files I receive
> are named that way) nothing else gets processed. Unfortunately I have no
> control over the generation of file names because it is an external system
> that generates them.
>
> I'm using ActiveMQ 5.2.0 as-is from the Apache ActiveMQ download site
> (meaning with Camel 1.5.0).
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Matthias.

Re: Camel File consumer and messages with the same file name

Matthias Hryniszak
I found it - it's the consumer.alwaysConsume=true setting that needed to be there. Now that I know it's deprecated I'd like to ask if there's another way to do it?

padcom wrote

padcom wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I've got a configuration problem with ActiveMQ and Camel routing. Here's my
> route:
>
> <route>
>   <from uri="file:///C:/Input?delete=true"/>
>   <convertBodyTo type="java.lang.String"/>
>   <to uri="activemq:weather-info"/>
> </route>
>
> Everything works fine until the file names are not duplicated. When the
> duplication starts (and it starts after an hour because the files I receive
> are named that way) nothing else gets processed. Unfortunately I have no
> control over the generation of file names because it is an external system
> that generates them.
>
> I'm using ActiveMQ 5.2.0 as-is from the Apache ActiveMQ download site
> (meaning with Camel 1.5.0).
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Matthias.

Re: Camel File consumer and messages with the same file name

Claus Ibsen-2
On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 9:15 AM, padcom<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I found it - it's the consumer.alwaysConsume=true setting that needed to be
> there. Now that I know it's deprecated I'd like to ask if there's another
> way to do it?

No just use it as is. It was marked as @deprecated before we did a
total rewrite of the file component for Camel 2.0.

In Camel 2.0 this option does not exist as its the default behavior
that it always consumes any file dropped in the folder.
So its like its = true.

> padcom wrote:
>>
>> Not really - the setup is pretty much complete and the only thing I'm
>> allowed to change at this moment is the activemq.xml.
>>

>> willem.jiang wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Can you try the latest released Camel 1.6.1 ?
>>> There are some improvement about the file component since Camel 1.5.
>>>
>>> Willem

Apache Camel Committer

Twitter: http://twitter.com/davsclaus

Re: Camel File consumer and messages with the same file name

Matthias Hryniszak
Thanks! That covers it completly :D

Claus Ibsen-2 wrote